4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Nightweeb92

Jul 3, 2023
I remember when this was on the legendofkrystal forum. That was about V3.5 or so ..and then every so often I'd check the updates and then I just never went back to the site. When I did that's when I heard it was abandoned because of the shady drama surrounding it within the team, by that time Flash had just hit EOL so by the time I had found out about all the messed up things, it had already been a long while since it happened. Never got to try the later updates after 4.1. i've been keeping up with the spiritual successor "Breeding Farm", it's pretty good IMO but the devs are taking their sweet ass time on updates.

As for this. I can't seem to get 7.1 to work past the main menu screen after I hit new game. It just goes blank.

Nightweeb92

Jul 3, 2023
just tried it out, works without issues here.
i'm using this standalone flashplayer was the most recent Adobe.
that's the same Flash player i'm using, But I downloaded the later v7.7.2. and got it running fine albeit that the sound doesn't work (that's fine, i'm not planning to beat a dead monster-horse here). The progression is pretty tedious from what I remember. But it does suck it just dropped off at this version. Guess Breeding Farm is gonna be the closest thing. Unfortunately players in those devs discord are trying to get them to change the character narrative in their game a bit and I hope they don't cave.

Reactions: tadpolegaming

F1forhalp

SOTD: P.J. Harvey - Man-Size
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
that's the same Flash player i'm using, But I downloaded the later v7.7.2. and got it running fine albeit that the sound doesn't work (that's fine, i'm not planning to beat a dead monster-horse here). The progression is pretty tedious from what I remember. But it does suck it just dropped off at this version. Guess Breeding Farm is gonna be the closest thing. Unfortunately players in those devs discord are trying to get them to change the character narrative in their game a bit and I hope they don't cave.
oh, right, the farm. i've stopped watching that thread when they decided to migrate from Ren'Py to Unity. i don't remember any game that really had benefitted from such migration, no surprise that one didn't, either. imo not just the platform changed, the direction of game makes it no longer a succession of what we have here.

Reactions: tadpolegaming

Death Row

Jan 5, 2019
I always get sad whenever I'm reminded of this.

So much wasted potential. There have been a few spiritual successors but there's always something missing from them.

Rickodo

Nov 17, 2018
So the game is dead, nobody work on it anymore?
How far you can play it then?

Its sad that the developers give it up. I have some problems and dont know how to fix it.
My safe files dont work. If I make one, it dont save how far I was so I always need to start from day 1.

Also I dont now how to make the quest from Levi. He want a cow for his siblings but with a special, talent.
But how I get that? Can I train the monsters somehow?

Also it is in the game to have some fun with Kay? And if yes, How I get her?

Thanks for the help.

Ho229

Nov 7, 2019
So the game is dead, nobody work on it anymore?
How far you can play it then?

Its sad that the developers give it up. I have some problems and dont know how to fix it.
My safe files dont work. If I make one, it dont save how far I was so I always need to start from day 1.

Also I dont now how to make the quest from Levi. He want a cow for his siblings but with a special, talent.
But how I get that? Can I train the monsters somehow?

Also it is in the game to have some fun with Kay? And if yes, How I get her?

Thanks for the help.
Completely dead. Artist split and is on Cloud Meadows found on steam if you like the art. I don't know the exact issue you're having with saves, but you can circumvent it by saving, exporting the save, then importing the save when you wish to play it again. For Levi, yes you need to train a cow lady to have a special trait or two. You can check in your quests, it should have Levi on it and be marked as a quest or have no time limit. Kay has 1 scene far into the late game as a random event when visiting the beach, but it is not with You.

Rickodo

Nov 17, 2018
Completely dead. Artist split and is on Cloud Meadows found on steam if you like the art. I don't know the exact issue you're having with saves, but you can circumvent it by saving, exporting the save, then importing the save when you wish to play it again. For Levi, yes you need to train a cow lady to have a special trait or two. You can check in your quests, it should have Levi on it and be marked as a quest or have no time limit. Kay has 1 scene far into the late game as a random event when visiting the beach, but it is not with You.
That is sad. Well maybe someone else take care of the game in the future.Would be nice.
And yeah I knew that so war with Levi. But how I train the cow?

Ho229

Nov 7, 2019
I forget the specifics. If you need a trait you don't have yet, you have to order a monster with that trait from the town office building the tutorial lady and religious saint stay at. It's right next to Levi's place. Click on the bulletin board to see that option for ordering monsters with a trait of your choice. I recommend NOT making it a cow, but a male species like a wolf to breed with a cow. If you don't have the GP to order, donate monsters or talk to the saint to donate time by doing public service. Then you wait a few days and the monster will appear in the market to be purchased.

May 3, 2022
That is sad. Well maybe someone else take care of the game in the future.Would be nice.
Would be nice but won't happen, Spurp made sure the game died when he left it and probably would legally challenge any attempt to restart it. It's sad the game is dead but we do now have Breeding Farm, Breeders of the Nephelym, and Cloud Meadow as spiritual successors. None of them may be Breeding Season but together they do fill the void.

Rickodo

Nov 17, 2018
Would be nice but won't happen, Spurp made sure the game died when he left it and probably would legally challenge any attempt to restart it. It's sad the game is dead but we do now have Breeding Farm, Breeders of the Nephelym, and Cloud Meadow as spiritual successors. None of them may be Breeding Season but together they do fill the void.
Are these games similar to the Breeders game?
Need to take a look
Well maybe someone take inspiration from that game here and make a new one.
Everything can happen. ^^

F1forhalp

SOTD: P.J. Harvey - Man-Size
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
And yeah I knew that so war with Levi. But how I train the cow?
try the gp solution: you could use some guild points at the guild HQ, and order a Holstaurus, with the requested trait. that only works if the trait is already Unlocked, it shows in the dropdown list. click on that notebook in the HQ. if it's not there, you may have to cheat it in, or fulfill top tier (purple background) requests until it's unlocked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the rest is more or less self explanatory from there. it takes up to a week iirc until some ordered monster shows up in the shop. you might want to make sure there's enough space (increase shop size).

Would be nice but won't happen, Spurp made sure the game died when he left it and probably would legally challenge any attempt to restart it.
someone could make that happen, just without using the art. it's his, and he can do whatever he wants with it, including forbid any use of it.
story goes like this;
they probably could have tried with another artist, and animator and the rest of the team. they all went out on Hbomb, for reasons manifold.. some of the back'n'forth behind the scenes was leaked for a time. they went other ways without looking back, would have left Hbomb to run up a new team, which he could have done. he didn't care to try. rather it all went blame games. it's really convenient to just blame someone.
that's the story, more or less, very compressed.
i pity those who still kept throwing money at it, weeks and months after breakup. well, a little.

May 3, 2022
Are these games similar to the Breeders game?
Need to take a look
Well maybe someone take inspiration from that game here and make a new one.
Everything can happen. ^^
Breeding Farm is heavily inspired by Breeding Season with a bit more visual novel approach, but the core gameplay loop remains the same with you buying and breeding monsterpeople together. Lacks the futa from BS though which is a bit of a shame.

Breeders of the Nephelym is more or less a 3D version of Breeding Season. Less story focused (not that breeding season had that much story) and more of a casual gameplay loop. Great models and monster variety, has futa, animation is pretty good though it is a bit limited in variety. The biggest difference is that you go out to collect the monsters from the wild yourself by having sex with them or giving them sex fluids that they like, which is pretty hot though it gets tedious eventually. You can breed your own though once you've collected some you want.

Cloud Meadow is Spurp's project, when he left Breeding Season he took half the remaining funds from that patreon and poured them into this new project. It keeps the art style with a whole new cast of characters. At its core though the gameplay shifted pretty heavily from monster ranching to crop farming, cooking, and some dungeon crawling. Think Stardew Valley with some monster breeding. It's an alright game but I preferred the approach BS had, and although Cloud Meadow has a huge variety of monster people in it the vast majority are just npcs, the variety of actual breeding monsters is very limited. Futa content got limited to a single species.

I should mention that all three of them are still very much work in progress. Breeders of the Nephelym is free on steam btw.

Last edited:

Rickodo

Nov 17, 2018
Breeding Farm is heavily inspired by Breeding Season with a bit more visual novel approach, but the core gameplay loop remains the same with you buying and breeding monsterpeople together. Lacks the futa from BS though which is a bit of a shame.

Breeders of the Nephelym is more or less a 3D version of Breeding Season. Less story focused (not that breeding season had that much story) and more of a casual gameplay loop. Great models and monster variety, has futa, animation is pretty good though it is a bit limited in variety. The biggest difference is that you go out to collect the monsters from the wild yourself by having sex with them or giving them sex fluids that they like, which is pretty hot though it gets tedious eventually. You can breed your own though once you've collected some you want.

Cloud Meadow is Spurp's project, when he left Breeding Season he took half the remaining funds from that patreon and poured them into this new project. It keeps the art style with a whole new cast of characters. At its core though the gameplay shifted pretty heavily from monster ranching to crop farming, cooking, and some dungeon crawling. Think Stardew Valley with some monster breeding. It's an alright game but I preferred the approach BS had, and although Cloud Meadow has a huge variety of monster people in it the vast majority are just npcs, the variety of actual breeding monsters is very limited. Futa content got limited to a single species.

I should mention that all three of them are still very much work in progress. Breeders of the Nephelym is free on steam btw.
Thanks for the information :)

May 3, 2022
Is this game worth playing fully knowing it's abandoned?
That depends, if you enjoy the core gameplay loop of breeding monsters together (knowing that only some interactions have scenes, many do not have scenes particularly the more exotic ones) then sure. NPCs also have some working quests and scenes done. If it bothers you that there is no endgame or goal besides filling the farm with your favorite monsters or if your favorite monsters don't have working scenes, then no.

There are games now that offer similar content (all of them wip atm) but none have the same breadth of monster variations. Some lack futa, some have no variations in facial features, none of them have the feral or neoteny. And since none of them are finished yet they aren't necessarily better to play right now. I personally preferred a lot of the designs here in Breeding Season over the ones in Cloud Meadow, which despite being the spiritual successor to this game is basically a different game altogether.

Last edited:
Reactions: bardhorseman
4.90 star(s) 9 Votes