• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Blooming Love [v1.0] [Bright Sun Studios]

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
PC, mega download
I downloaded that version to see if the uploader messed it up, but it's working perfectly fine. Which .exe file are you trying to run? Because there are multiple ones in the subfolders of the game, but there is only one of them that you should actually be trying to run.

And does the game launch and immediately crash? Do you get an error message? Or does nothing happen when you run the game (in that case, does is still show up in your task manager?)

Jun 26, 2017
You clearly don't like large breasts lol cuz there are plenty of women out there with natural breasts as large or larger than the characters in this game.

You felt the need to post in a game review thread to tell me that I don't know what I like, and tell me that my subjective measurement of what constitutes 'large' is wrong.

I won't even waste time writing a defense.

Reactions: supermanz95

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017

You felt the need to post in a game review thread to tell me that I don't know what I like, and tell me that my subjective measurement of what constitutes 'large' is wrong.

I won't even waste time writing a defense.
I think it was more in reference to your comment about "realistic". He is right that there are women around with quite large natural breasts.

Reactions: yoyomistro
Jun 26, 2017
I think it was more in reference to your comment about "realistic". He is right that there are women around with quite large natural breasts.
I think I see the crux of the matter. When I used 'realistic' I think he took it too literally to contain the set of all theoretically possible outcomes, rather than the intended usage of 'within statistical probability.' I was discussing the subject within the bounds of norms.

In my post I clearly (through the use of 'Guinness territory') acknowledged that such exceptional individuals do indeed exist (thus establishing that I wasn't using the strictest literal sense of 'realistically.')

The clear difference here is that you and I are discussing grammar and whether I communicated my ideas clearly or not. His post was merely arrogant and dismissive, and proceeded to tell me that I didn't know what I liked, and that somehow I am not qualified to express my subjective opinion of what constitutes merely 'large' as distinct from 'ginormous' or 'nuclear bazooka' sized.

I would never presume to post to you and tell you that your estimation of what 'large' is was wrong*, or imply that you lacked sufficient life experience to make a judgement call.

That was what I found objectionable, and toxic to a community where people come to express themselves and their kinks, without being bashed with negativity for doing so.

*unless it was a fact-based scientific discussion of the distribution of breast sizes in a given female population. And even then it would be a respectful, data-based discussion.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Yea, I was referring to realistic, I should have been more specific.

I think I see the crux of the matter. When I used 'realistic' I think he took it too literally to contain the set of all theoretically possible outcomes, rather than the intended usage of 'within statistical probability.' I was discussing the subject within the bounds of norms.

In my post I clearly (through the use of 'Guinness territory') acknowledged that such exceptional individuals do indeed exist (thus establishing that I wasn't using the strictest literal sense of 'realistically.')

The clear difference here is that you and I are discussing grammar and whether I communicated my ideas clearly or not. His post was merely arrogant and dismissive, and proceeded to tell me that I didn't know what I liked, and that somehow I am not qualified to express my subjective opinion of what constitutes merely 'large' as distinct from 'ginormous' or 'nuclear bazooka' sized.

I would never presume to post to you and tell you that your estimation of what 'large' is was wrong*, or imply that you lacked sufficient life experience to make a judgement call.

That was what I found objectionable, and toxic to a community where people come to express themselves and their kinks, without being bashed with negativity for doing so.

*unless it was a fact-based scientific discussion of the distribution of breast sizes in a given female population. And even then it would be a respectful, data-based discussion.
And just as I wasn't specific enough, you weren't specific in your original post. For example, in my family, most women on my mother's side have "large breasts" I don't know their measurements nor am I particularly interested lol, but I would estimate the low end would be around an F or a G cup size or so, which most people would consider large, but not unrealistic. The way people use the word "realistic" on forums like these (well especially this forum, idk why) tends to be closer to a slur, like if they're not a size I like then they're basically fake fetish funbags. And at that point technically falls under the site rules against fetish bashing, which is why I point it out when I see it.

It comes up in almost every game thread with a decent story but with characters with large breasts. Something along the lines of, "Oh why do the have to mess up a good story with unrealistic breasts," or some nonsense like that when 1) there are plenty of good VNs with characters with D or smaller cup sizes 2) they aren't really unrealistic at all, they're just not to the person who's complaining's liking. And it also tends to be the same few people spamming it in these threads so I have taken to responding in kind.

Reactions: supercheese123

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Hold on a minute there - YOU started the objectionable discussion. To quote:

This is an opinion and an ask - could the MCs in your next game have more... realistic proportions. I totally get that some people love absurd breasts, and if that's what revvs your engine, then do what inspires you.
"I totally get that some people love absurd breasts" coupled with "have more... realistic proportions" implies that you think the characters in BL have absurd and unrealistic breasts.

has stats on bra sales by cup size. A not inconsequential portion are very large cup sizes. So the characters in BL do NOT have unrealistic and absurd breasts.

I get that you'd like to see some characters with smaller breasts. That's fine, just don't go about requesting it in such a confrontational way, and don't pick fights with people who call you on it.

Jun 26, 2017
Hold on a minute there - YOU started the objectionable discussion. To quote:

"I totally get that some people love absurd breasts" coupled with "have more... realistic proportions" implies that you think the characters in BL have absurd and unrealistic breasts.

has stats on bra sales by cup size. A not inconsequential portion are very large cup sizes. So the characters in BL do NOT have unrealistic and absurd breasts.

I get that you'd like to see some characters with smaller breasts. That's fine, just don't go about requesting it in such a confrontational way, and don't pick fights with people who call you on it.
Your data does not support your conclusion. Cup size is not a measure of breast size. It is related, but it is only meaningful when paired with band size, because it is supposed to be a differential measure between band size and bust size. A 'G cup' on a tiny 28" band is a about a C cup on a more averaged-sized 34" band. Also cup size is not standard, and what qualifies as a G cup in the US is not the same as the UK. It doesn't even stay the same in the same country across manufacturers. All your data shows is that small women buy bras for proportionally larger breasts than average sized women, which seems reasonable to me. Beyond that, the distribution is more normal. In the US, the MC of BL would have a J or K cup, which your own data shows objectively is in the 96-99th percentile.

My wife of 20 years is a 36G. Her breasts are large, but nowhere near as large as the MCs. I know whereof I speak.

I submit that it is entirely reasonable to describe breasts in the 96th percentile as 'absurdly large.' If you disagree, that's 1/25 women, so OK. No problem here- It's subjective.

... but if you take offense, then that's on you.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Your data does not support your conclusion. Cup size is not a measure of breast size. It is related, but it is only meaningful when paired with band size, because it is supposed to be a differential measure between band size and bust size. A 'G cup' on a tiny 28" band is a about a C cup on a more averaged-sized 34" band. Also cup size is not standard, and what qualifies as a G cup in the US is not the same as the UK. It doesn't even stay the same in the same country across manufacturers. All your data shows is that small women buy bras for proportionally larger breasts than average sized women, which seems reasonable to me. Beyond that, the distribution is more normal. In the US, the MC of BL would have a J or K cup, which your own data shows objectively is in the 96-99th percentile.

My wife of 20 years is a 36G. Her breasts are large, but nowhere near as large as the MCs. I know whereof I speak.

I submit that it is entirely reasonable to describe breasts in the 96th percentile as 'absurdly large.' If you disagree, that's 1/25 women, so OK. No problem here- It's subjective.

... but if you take offense, then that's on you.
You say my data does not support my conclusion. But you missed my point entirely. I said it in the first sentence. YOU started the objectionable discussion. "I totally get that some people love absurd breasts". You're bagging on other people's kinks, which is a big no-no at F95zone.

As for "A 'G cup' on a tiny 28" band is a about a C cup on a more averaged-sized 34" band.", according to cup size is the difference between band size and bust size, measured in the L shape. So a 28G means 28" band size, and 35" bust size. The same bust size as a 34A, but not the same breast size. Stick those big boobs in an A cup...yeah, won't work. 28G is demonstrably NOT the same breast size as 34C.

As for absurd - the girls don't look much bigger than Christina Hendricks. She's a 32F.

says the average bra size in America is 34DD (same as 34E). Again, I say the boobs on the BL girls are not absurd.

Now, you may think when I say "breast size" I mean "band size" or "bust size". I do not. I'm referring to the size of the boobs, sans chest. You know, the parts you called absurd.

Jun 26, 2017
This has gotten ludicrous. I shared my subjective opinion on how I would describe the size of a fictional woman's breasts. You choose to interpret that how you wish. I'm sorry you feel I'm not entitled to my opinion. I'm done derailing this thread.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
This has gotten ludicrous. I shared my subjective opinion on how I would describe the size of a fictional woman's breasts. You choose to interpret that how you wish. I'm sorry you feel I'm not entitled to my opinion. I'm done derailing this thread.
The word "realistic" does not imply subjectivity lol. You need to review your own language on that front. And this is a forum, people are allowed to respond to other people's opinions/facts/etc. And you chose to assess those fictional women on your own sense of what would be "realistic" on a non-fictional woman, and were responded to on that premise.

I assume you made your opinion known as a form of feedback, with the potential goal of having the dev go in a different direction in the future. On that basis, people who disagree with your feedback will of course respond in kind to deter the dev from taking your feedback into account in future work. Anyway I usually respond to people who want devs to change their work based on their individual taste whether it be on NTR, body proportions, sexual orientation, protagonists' gender or gender identity, personality, or anything else that's potentially related to the devs vision as I don't think vision should be dictated by whims of consumers.

No one feels you are not entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to be unchallenged on it in a forum.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
That is a well-reasoned reply delivered without rancor. A rare and welcome event on this site. Kudos!

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
In case anyone is interested, today I semi-switched my Patreon page to reflect my new game (High School Crush Simulator). The Patreon banner and Patron reward images have changed... which sort of introduces the romance option/new character from that game? So there you have it. If you want to see all characters from HSCS in a single picture, check out the banner here:

Also... yes, I know her eyes look a bit weird. That's on purpose.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
The ginger looks like Alloy from Horizon
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I guess she does. Their names both even start with 'A'. Alloy does look a bit older though. But this isn't a bad thing, right? Alloy looks fine as hell.

That reminds me... I should get back to Horizon Zero Dawn sometime in the near future. My copy has just been collecting dust, but I've been wanting to play it for a while.

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't even notice the similarity to Aloy until you pointed it out. +1 that Aloy looks great, and so does your model. Is the blonde the one you think has 'wierd looking eyes?' They look normal to me, but the make-up makes them look strange because it makes them look pointy and stretched.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I didn't even notice the similarity to Aloy until you pointed it out. +1 that Aloy looks great, and so does your model. Is the blonde the one you think has 'wierd looking eyes?' They look normal to me, but the make-up makes them look strange because it makes them look pointy and stretched.
Yeah, like supermanz95 mentioned, I was talking about Ella, the black-haired girl on the right.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 26, 2017
Huh, I've known people with extremely pale irises, so that didn't strike me as too off. Though upon reflection, I should amend that to say I've known one person, and have heard of others. That might make it rare enough that yeah, I can see that looking 'off' to someone who'd never seen that before. c.f. the girl with the really pale blue eyes in

In very bright lighting that person's eyes might look nearly white.

Edit: That said, I agree with you, of them all, that one looks the most unusual.

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes