VN Ren'Py Abandoned Blairewood [Prologue Rework] [BlackFeather]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

!Berserker!

Jun 8, 2023
We didn't abandon the game. Just struggling with some things, and yes, LOL, we didn't know it was going to be this overwhelming, but of course, we are not going to give up. Just wait for a bit. I realize I took a lot of time like a LOT. Hell, it's already been a year or so since the rework release. I know you guys deserve better for the support you guys have been giving us, and I heartily thank you all for sticking with us noobs. Also, I'm extremely sorry for this big of a delay.
Release in 2024 ?:unsure:

!Berserker!

Jun 8, 2023
Damnnn the quality don't know why this taking so long about 1.3 Yr already passed :(the dev.will receive high amount of support if he keep us updated on patreon and update the game after 2 or 3 months of developement...the renders looks damnn realistic
AngieFlood_2FFW.png

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Damnnn the quality don't know why this taking so long about 1.3 Yr already passed :(the dev.will receive high amount of support if he keep us updated on patreon and update the game after 2 or 3 months of developement...the renders looks damnn realistic
View attachment 3158359
If I were the developer, I would quickly gather whatever content I have and release it. It doesn't necessarily have to be a meaningful chapter ending. I believe that the support he will get after the first episode will be huge because he is already a very good creator and his art is great. It is certain that he will gain more income and motivation with new supporters. But instead he has been playing around with a prologue and pictures for 2-3 years. But I find it hard to believe that he is sincere and serious about developing this game, I am angry because his work was very good.

Reactions: Deadpool DP

!Berserker!

Jun 8, 2023
If I were the developer, I would quickly gather whatever content I have and release it. It doesn't necessarily have to be a meaningful chapter ending. I believe that the support he will get after the first episode will be huge because he is already a very good creator and his art is great. It is certain that he will gain more income and motivation with new supporters. But instead he has been playing around with a prologue and pictures for 2-3 years. But I find it hard to believe that he is sincere and serious about developing this game, I am angry because his work was very good.
Yeah same dude don't know maybe it's not his first priority for the income maybe he job irl...that can be a case but if not then i don't understand why this getting so much delayed like it's nearly abandoned.
I know the dev. is watching just waiting for his reply for the clarification regarding the new update eta or something.....

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

( This is a personal rant where I spilled some information about the game along with it. Don't read if you don't wanna get bored to death. )
First of all, I owe you guys one big apology for both being AFK and also being a douche for taking a goddamn year to finish making the update. So this year did start well for me but turned into a complete mess at the end. I mean, just look at the monthly wallpaper order. I screwed up big time this year. Not only with that and the update but also in real life.
Hell of a year:
A lot of things happened this year. 2023 started pretty well for me, with lots of support from you guys and a big payout in January. I was so happy that I could help a little for my family to pay my brother's college tuition. We bought some appliances for the house, and I was excited and confident that I too could make a good story. I continued the story and started writing the script for the chapter, but I got stuck with the script. so many times.
Overwhelmed:
I have the whole outline of the story, but I don't know how to convey it right. It was a "look before you leap" situation for me. It just felt too deep for me. A lot of guys warned me about the commitment if I started working on a game. Not only did I get to know why, but I also got the full experience of why they warned me at that time. I just kept on thinking about the stuff I needed to add to the game and the dialogues I should add and writing them down in Notepad. and when I tried to add them, there were doubts: Is it cringe? Is that right? Should Angie sound like this? Should MC sound like this? And the branching, oh dear...
Criticisms:
And in the middle of all this, I started reading the criticisms of the prologue. They hit me hard, and there was a crack in my confidence. But at that time, I didn't know why some people were so mad about the prologue being small and too confusing. I mean, it's a trailer, like just an outlook: "Something's about to happen, and this is why." But yeah, I agree I should've given you guys more to get a clear picture of what's what. I realized that when I wrote the script for Chapter 1, I could've added a lot of scenes I wrote in Chapter 1, and after some point, I felt burned out. My mind went blank. Sometimes I had to strike a whole scene down, and sometimes I had to strike them after I rendered a chunk of scenes, but eventually, I got the whole script ready and even a chunk of Chapter 2. I think every developer went through this stuff, but am I the only one being this dramatic about it?
Real Life:
Meanwhile, in real life, I had to help my father with his work. He's a truck tire mechanic. It went down from early morning to evening, and I tried working on the game, wallpapers, and customs at night, but most of it I just hit the sack right after I came home. This is one of the reasons for the messed-up monthly wallpaper order this year, apart from my laziness. I worked for 3 months with my father and finally got back to work on the game after my father hired a new guy. Just 2 weeks later, they dragged me back to help my uncle's family for my cousin's wedding. After all the freakshows, I ended up with 2 months to finish the update, but I think God has other plans. I was finishing up the new UI, and the coding was going on. I almost finished setting and rendering scenes and animations, but, not gonna lie, I lazed around a lot during this time. and Here comes god's plan, Earlier this month, our town got hit by a cyclone (Michaung), gave us a red alert, and went full blackout for a week.
And I made a cute render of Angie and Mc during a flood.
Now we have recovered and are back on track. So see you soon with the update. I will be posting public previews again and will post one last preview from Chapter 1.
See ya.

Bobhanw

Feb 8, 2023
Had honestly forgot about this game since its been so long but after seeing some of the rework renders shared it looks like it might have been worth the wait

• Red Heart
Reactions: Deadpool DP
3.80 star(s) 12 Votes