Mod Big Brother: Save Editor

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
Quick warning by TCMS:
This thread is for you to ask for changes to the save editor / post what problems you might have with the it / save editor discussion. That's the only thing allowed on this thread.

Any off topic conversation and you're getting warned.
//-//

I've created a save editor. It's fairly simplistic, but it will let you modify most things in a save file. Of course, the first thing people likely think of is changing the amount of money.. but that's just a start. Don't like Eric coming around? Fine. Change his schedule so he doesn't come around. Don't like everyone going shopping? Remove that interrupt, and change the schedules and no one should go shopping. Want to see the breakfast table without Aunt Kira? Remove that Art Change and viola! Got a save where Lisa is locked in her room and you don't have an option to open or peek? You can remove the lock! Want to see a specific scene, and don't want to start a new game to get there? Use the dialog file to figure out what the variables need to be, and you can set them appropriately.

For most things, to edit them you simply double-click on the item you wish to edit. For the Art and Link changes, you can't edit them.. you have to add one and remove the one you want it to replace.

-- Notes --
- BACK UP YOUR SAVES FIRST
- Do not save the files with a break in the naming scheme. If your latest save is 'save32.save', you can use any filename between 'save0.save' and 'save33.save' (I suggest 'save33.save').
- If you have more than $9,000 between days 10 and 13, the game will reset your money to $0 if you go to buy something. So, don't give yourself more than $9,000 before day 13.

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions let me know.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES FIRST, REALLY. DO IT.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Currently supports: 0.4, 0.6
Current version: 0.6a

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
Can we get eric back if we get rid of hım?
I don't see why not. Everything you take out can be put back the way it was. If you don't remember how it was set up, looking at a previous save should remind you.

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
anti virus spazed out and refused to download it, is this safe ?
Some antivirus suites mark software they've never seen as 'suspicious' the first time someone scans it. I just tossed it in virustotal and it appears Avast, AVG and Symantec do this (I knew about Symantec previously -- if you look at the virustotal and Symantec marks it with "ML.*" it's "Machine Learning" which marks something as suspicious until some point in the future). All the others (such as the AV that I use - ESET, and Kaspersky) have no issues with it.

Edit: I just checked it again, and apparently Symantec's already cleared it. Avast and AVG mark it 'suspected' of 'Win32:Evo-gen' which is a generic detection. I bet if you give it a few hours it'll show clean.

Last edited:

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
This doesn't seem to work on 0.6.0.010, I edit the money value and it shows ingame but as soon as I reach for the laptop to order stuff the money resets to $0... doesn't happen in the courses screen only in the order online one.

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
This doesn't seem to work on 0.6.0.010, I edit the money value and it shows ingame but as soon as I reach for the laptop to order stuff the money resets to $0... doesn't happen in the courses screen only in the order online one.
Works perfectly fine here. I just tried it with two different saves at two different parts of the game. Gave myself $31337, went in and bought cigarettes.. had $31327 remaining. I'll look through the game's (decompiled) source to see if I can find anything that might cause that.. but I don't think it's going to be an issue with the save editor.

Edit: I think I found it.

If you open the shop with more than $9,000 after day 10 and before day 13, the game will set your money to $0. So.. get past day 13 then give yourself some money, OR give yourself less than $9,000 to work with until you get past day 13.

For other source viewers: this can be found on line 1434 of GUI.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroLimits

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
It did fix by "itself", since the only menu that would reset my money was the online shop I'd spend time and money on courses, so after perhaps a day or two of courses and paying for advertisements in the web tab the game must have "accepted" the fact I had $50k so... happy now but that was a glitch for me in the very first day. Thanks nonetheless.

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
It did fix by "itself", since the only menu that would reset my money was the online shop I'd spend time and money on courses, so after perhaps a day or two of courses and paying for advertisements in the web tab the game must have "accepted" the fact I had $50k so... happy now but that was a glitch for me in the very first day. Thanks nonetheless.
I found it. I edited my reply above detailing what the issue is.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
There's a variable called no.pants.alisa (alice)which never fired in any of my games, that makes her go without panties witouth effing up my save? what about the variable "maskbj"?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
There's a variable called no.pants.alisa (alice)which never fired in any of my games
This is only compatible with the early on part. When aunt joins this can no longer be used. It's when you "ask" her to stop using panties while smoking. After that you can't ask her... because she's only wearing a t-shirt.

Stuffz

Jun 27, 2017
Could someone help me out and tell me what do I have to do change in the save editor to initiate the scene with aunt kira and lisa?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pothos

May 8, 2017
Could someone help me out and tell me what do I have to do change in the save editor to initiate the scene with aunt kira and lisa?
Its only available on the lisa GF route, after you train kissing with Kira and practice with Lisa an option with Kira will trigger. kiravisit, kiranight and pos.sed are all adjusted after each visit but the key is the Lisa GF route.

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
file doesn't download keep getting malware warning
Avast and AVG are trigger happy. I've put a build up that isn't triggering them (according to virus total). For more information, see the note at the bottom of the OP.

Last edited:

Nineonewon

Jul 12, 2017
Quick warning by TCMS:
This thread is for you to ask for changes to the save editor / post what problems you might have with the it / save editor discussion. That's the only thing allowed on this thread.

Any off topic conversation and you're getting warned.
//-//

I've created a save editor. It's fairly simplistic, but it will let you modify most things in a save file. Of course, the first thing people likely think of is changing the amount of money.. but that's just a start. Don't like Eric coming around? Fine. Change his schedule so he doesn't come around. Don't like everyone going shopping? Remove that interrupt, and change the schedules and no one should go shopping. Want to see the breakfast table without Aunt Kira? Remove that Art Change and viola! Got a save where Lisa is locked in her room and you don't have an option to open or peek? You can remove the lock! Want to see a specific scene, and don't want to start a new game to get there? Use the dialog file to figure out what the variables need to be, and you can set them appropriately.

For most things, to edit them you simply double-click on the item you wish to edit. For the Art and Link changes, you can't edit them.. you have to add one and remove the one you want it to replace.

-- Notes --
- BACK UP YOUR SAVES FIRST
- Do not save the files with a break in the naming scheme. If your latest save is 'save32.save', you can use any filename between 'save0.save' and 'save33.save' (I suggest 'save33.save').
- If you have more than $9,000 between days 10 and 13, the game will reset your money to $0 if you go to buy something. So, don't give yourself more than $9,000 before day 13.

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions let me know.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES FIRST, REALLY. DO IT.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Currently supports: 0.4, 0.6
Current version: 0.6a

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AVAST AND AVG USERS:
Your antivirus software is giving you a false positive. It has something to do with my 'Release' builds in VisualStudio. I've put a debug build up.
Is there anyway to play a scene without the requirements. I wanna play scenes that can only happen earlier in the game that i missed.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote