Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
If you can afford the GTX1080, it has twice the video RAM that the GTX970 does. (8MB instead of 4MB) That can make a significant difference if you're rendering scenes with lots of props and figures - if the textures in the scene exceed your VRAM, you're back to CPU rendering (forever and ever and ever). Note that having 2 cards doesn't double your VRAM - DAZ can use two cards in parallel, but the whole scene has to fit into each. (Not to mention, of course, the 1080 having 50% more CUDA cores than the 970.)
I can testify to the need for VRAM, see my post earlier today. My 1060 has 6GB and that is not enough to be able to render 5 women and their vaginas at poolside with the Main Room / Kitchen visible through the window. That weak sauce won no ribbons at the state fair.

penecultor

May 4, 2017
Good to know, thanks for the tips. I thought i could multiply x2 the vram and cudas using 2 gtx 970..meh i'll get a 1080 or ill wait a bit more for a 1080ti.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I can testify to the need for VRAM, see my post earlier today. My 1060 has 6GB and that is not enough to be able to render 5 women and their vaginas at poolside with the Main Room / Kitchen visible through the window. That weak sauce won no ribbons at the state fair.
The issue is almost always textures. You might try "turning off" portions of the house that aren't visible - that will cut down on the textures that get loaded. Past that, is very useful - only in extreme closeups do you need the kind of texture resolution that most PA's provide with their characters.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Good to know, thanks for the tips. I thought i could multiply x2 the vram and cudas using 2 gtx 970..meh i'll get a 1080 or ill wait a bit more for a 1080ti.
Common misconception. What DAZ does is set up the (full) scene in both cards, and then use one card to render one part of the final image while it uses the other card to render other portions. You don't quite double the speed, but it comes close. But the full scene has to fit in the card, since Daz (well, Iray) assumes that everything that's in the scene affects everything else. So you come close to doubling the CUDA's, but not the VRAM. (I think one of the reasons you don't quite double the speed is that Daz has to spend the time loading up both cards, so you spend some additional "overhead" time up front. Once it gets past that, however, it's pretty close - there might be some other small overhead issues.)

Reactions: penecultor

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
The issue is almost always textures. You might try "turning off" portions of the house that aren't visible - that will cut down on the textures that get loaded. Past that, is very useful - only in extreme closeups do you need the kind of texture resolution that most PA's provide with their characters.
I had eliminated every object that was off camera or didn’t cast a shadow or reflect light that would be visible in camera, still no dice. Not only did Iray fall back to CPU, the system RAM was also taxed by the scene. “New Genitals for V7” appears to cost about 2GB RAM per instance and I was trying to render 5.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Who doubted, when she said, that she would go back to college?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sadly I overlooked a prop in the foreground, that now looks like a dust layer. -_-
And it looks a little bit grainy b/c my trusty rusty 750Ti reached the timelimit before the 5000 sample mark. (Maybe it is time for an upgrade. -.-)

Props tested here:
Eclectic Hair for G3F (Josie 7 Pro Bundle)
Librarian Outfit for G3F by ironman13
Converted Librarian pose and expression. (original by ironman13, conversion style by SickleYield Tutorials)
Library Environment by ironman13
Kitty Shoes for G8F (Josie 8 Pro Bundle)
Cum on Me for G8F by SF-Design
Alice Character Morph and Materials by Celtic1138

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
“New Genitals for V7” appears to cost about 2GB RAM per instance and I was trying to render 5.
"New Genitals for V8" takes a different approach than NGV7 does to the whole issue of different G3F characters having different UV sets, and is compatible with G3F, despite being titled for "V8." Wonder if that would help you.

Reactions: Born2game
D

Deleted member 136795

The gray concrete between pool and house isn't a variation in lighting. I kept the lighting the same (there's a fill light on the left because most of the faces are in shadow of the sun). The only minor difference would be light bouncing off 5x dat ass in the foreground render would not be seen on objects in the separate background render. I was referring to the lack of the girls' reflections in the window.

Here are the reverse angles for this family portrait. I claim no talent to make natural looking (or even biologically possible) poses, and I got tired of avoiding clipping.

View attachment 21797 View attachment 21802
how do you get the models to make these images? do you extract them from the game files or what?

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes