3D-Daz Big Brother: Art Assets

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
According to some people it seems the Bathtub's UVs are overlapped so that's why textures don't work. But here is the tub feel free to give it a try
I cracked open Daz and took a look and honestly, I have no idea what going on. I'm a Maya, Max, Blender, guy and the materials In Iray and Daz I find irritating more often than not. I tried applying the Uber shader and that had no effect. I'd have to pull it into a modeling program to see what's actually going on and I just don't have time for that.

MarcCollins89

Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I cracked open Daz and took a look and honestly, I have no idea what going on. I'm a Maya, Max, Blender, guy and the materials In Iray and Daz I find irritating more often than not. I tried applying the Uber shader and that had no effect. I'd have to pull it into a modeling program to see what's actually going on and I just don't have time for that.
It's okay someone was able to help me fix it

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
I thought I'd share this (I hope it isn't against forum rules, delete if it is), since it took a while for a newbie like me to figure it out...

So I wanted to turn the G3 Ann figure into Genesis 8.1 (don't ask why, I'm dumb, I think higher number = more awesome...), at first I tried the "script approach" to convert G3 figure morphs to be available for G8, it kind of worked, but there were some issues around the joints where skin wouldn't fold quite right, I couldn't find a way to fix all those problems (tried weightmaps, but it was very tedious and still couldn't get it quite right), so I took a plain G8.1F figure and shaped it using available morphs and Metamixer sculpting to mimic the G3 Ann figure as best as I could, then turn figure resolution to Base, delete everything under the figure so just the "Hip" bone is visible, export it to Blender, fixed some small problems with the mesh in Blender, exported the OBJ (the file that is attached here), and then this is ready to be imported back into Daz as figure morph.

If more experienced people are here and see flaws in this workflow, please do offer suggestions, I'd appreciate that
pictures contain few important instructions, I couldn't quite figure out yet how to make separate head/body morphs like original products have for instance.

edit, looks like the forum software doesn't want OBJ files attached, had to zip it (used 7zip)

TheGrinReaper

Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone!! Just starting rendering fanart of BB as a hobby. Downloaded the Mega folder for assets and am trying some quick renders to try assets out. I am running into an issue with Alice Hair [Jennifer Hair].

(If this not the right place to post this, please let me know where to do this and I will post it there... )

When I add Jennifer Hair to Alice figure, it says I am trying to fit an unsupported asset to a figure and a popup comes (included in attachment 'Alice hair want.png' ). Before I do anything in the popup, the braid / plait of the hair is properly pointing down..... but once I accept the popup and select the two values in the boxes (Genesis 3 female and Hair>Shoulder length hair) , the plait goes wrong (as in attachment 'bad hair 2.png).

Can anybody help me with what I am doing wrong / what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks a lot!! Looking forward to making a lot of fanart to polish my skills in the near future

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Hi everyone!! Just starting rendering fanart of BB as a hobby. Downloaded the Mega folder for assets and am trying some quick renders to try assets out. I am running into an issue with Alice Hair [Jennifer Hair].

(If this not the right place to post this, please let me know where to do this and I will post it there... )

When I add Jennifer Hair to Alice figure, it says I am trying to fit an unsupported asset to a figure and a popup comes (included in attachment 'Alice hair want.png' ). Before I do anything in the popup, the braid / plait of the hair is properly pointing down..... but once I accept the popup and select the two values in the boxes (Genesis 3 female and Hair>Shoulder length hair) , the plait goes wrong (as in attachment 'bad hair 2.png).

Thanks a lot!! Looking forward to making a lot of fanart to polish my skills in the near future
This is a common problem with autofit. Autofit will try to transfer the asset but it will get messed up, as soon as it comes to more complex or unprofessional designed skeletons. In the case of the Jen-Hair, you will have to transfer and convert it manually to get the skeleton and its morphs right. For a beginner, it would be easier to just stick to Genesis 3 for Alice. When you got the skillset to convert stuff, then you can use Genesis 8 on all your models.

Reactions: TheGrinReaper

TheGrinReaper

Feb 21, 2022
This is a common problem with autofit. Autofit will try to transfer the asset but it will get messed up, as soon as it comes to more complex or unprofessional designed skeletons. In the case of the Jen-Hair, you will have to transfer and convert it manually to get the skeleton and its morphs right. For a beginner, it would be easier to just stick to Genesis 3 for Alice. When you got the skillset to convert stuff, then you can use Genesis 8 on all your models.
Thanks for the help! I realized later that I was using the morphs on a G8F... I will try on G3F later today and try some renders. I got Ann working.... Here is a quick render I did as thank you (Sorry for the noob lighting... still going through tutorials for lighting and camera work) :

Ann: "I don't care if you paid for this vacation, Max!! One more night time wanderings and we are going straight back home!! It's too hot here anyways (Can't even sleep in lingerie... he probably planned it all!)"

Max: "Sorry Mom! It's midnight now, so I only wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's day!"

Lisa: "Yeah Mom! Look at his short pockets, it's bulging. He even brought you a gift!"

Ann: "..."

Max: "..."

Just wanted to say Happy Mothers day Mom.png

Ann: "Lisa I don't it's a ...."

Lisa: "A ... what?"

Ann: "It's not a gift, Lisa. Now go back to sleep. And you, Max! Go back to your room."

Max: "Well, you can have it as a gift if you want though, Mom ;-) "

Ann: "OUT, NOW!"

Peeking is an art form.png

Max: "Happy Mother's day once again, Mom :) !!" (She's getting wet, though)

DooRetsam

Oct 28, 2018

G3F and G8F shapes are basically the same. You don't need to convert - you can change the preferred base to keep bones, morphs, and whatnot. I'm not at my daz system, so this is from memory:

1. Load the hair into the scene - but make sure you don't have the figure selected. (it should just be floating somewhere - no autofit dialog)

2. Click on the hair asset in the scene tab. Then hit the context menu (Right facing arrow with a bunch of lines)

3. navigate to Edit -> Edit Scene Identification

4. A new window will pop up. Look for "Preferred Base" (the bottom one) hit the three dots to the right of it

5. Navigate to Genesis 8 . Hit the disclosure triangle to see options. Look for Female and click on it. Accept the changes.

6. Now you can "Fit" (right click on hair asset in scene tab) the hair to the G8F you wanted to in the first place.

All bones, morphs, and shapes will work for G8F just like they would on g3f.

DooRetsam

Oct 28, 2018
G3F and G8F shapes are basically the same. You don't need to convert - you can change the preferred base to keep bones, morphs, and whatnot. I'm not at my daz system, so this is from memory:

1. Load the hair into the scene - but make sure you don't have the figure selected. (it should just be floating somewhere - no autofit dialog)

2. Click on the hair asset in the scene tab. Then hit the context menu (Right facing arrow with a bunch of lines)

4. A new window will pop up. Look for "Preferred Base" (the bottom one) hit the three dots to the right of it

5. Navigate to Genesis 8 . Hit the disclosure triangle to see options. Look for Female and click on it. Accept the changes.

6. Now you can "Fit" (right click on hair asset in scene tab) the hair to the G8F you wanted to in the first place.

There is a similar process to do this for G3F clothing on G8F - but it's a touch more complex.

Jay Versluis and was supposed to make a video but I can't find it at the moment.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
[...] You don't need to convert - you can change the preferred base [...]
:ROFLMAO: This is the very definition of a conversion.

But yes, the process you describe is the first part and it will solve most problems. You don't have to go all the way to a new product for Genesis 8.

TheGrinReaper

Feb 21, 2022

Thanks a lot!! this was a good learning for a newbie like me!! Appreciate it !

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
all you need to do is fix weight maps after you autofit this hair on G8, to do that you load a G3 figure, fit the hair, and then switch between it and the screwed up G8 fit to see which weight maps look wrong, delete them and them copy them from the G3 figure, its a PIA process, but that is the only way I found to get this hair to work properly with G8 figure when you bend neck/head, it also solves the hair going crazy when you use adjustment sliders

DooRetsam

Oct 28, 2018
:ROFLMAO: This is the very definition of a conversion.

But yes, the process you describe is the first part and it will solve most problems. You don't have to go all the way to a new product for Genesis 8.
You're correct - but I was thinking of using the scripts/products designed to "convert" - so I misspoke. ;)

Valentin95

Aug 9, 2022
Just in case anyone is tempted to do re-enactement scenes or even a fandisc type thing, I was wondering whether we could identify the 3D assets that were used in making the game.

UPDATE: This post is by now far out of date, people where far more successful in finding and assembling (or, if all else failed, faking) most everything that's in the game. Kudos to all the people contributing, most of all FunFiction and celtic1138.
Bubbas has created a one-stop download where you can download all the art assets for recreating the characters .
Rich is planning on assembling the finished characters and rooms .
FunFiction has done the lions share of recreating the villa interior and exterior and has assembled the results in .

The rest of this post is no longer of much significance, I'm just leaving it here for historical reference.

I have created a foundation, hopefully some of you guys will be able to fill in some of the blanks:

Character / Skin / Face / Hair / Body
Max / / / / ?
Lisa / (previous misguessed as ) / ? / / ?
Alice / (my wrong guess was ) / / / ?
Mom / (I'm still not sure it's not just ) / / / ?
Eric / / ? / / ?
Kira / or ? / / / ?
Olivia / / / (previously misguessed as ) / ?
Kate / (my wrong guess was ) / ? / / ?

Clothing:
Early on, Max hangs out in the with .

Lisa's tee with the card is found in the pack. Later in the game she wears the set. Her pajamas seems to be , her bikini .
When heading out to a shopping trip, she seems to be wearing the jeans from the and the top from .

Kira arrives in the household wearing the with .
On occasion, she later sports the . When enjoying herself, she might be wearing the lingerie while hanging out atop the sybian included in .
If she decides to head out to party, the seems to be a consistent choice.
Should she be in a kinky bondage mood, are where it's at.

Alice starts out in . Later she wears . Her bikini is the generically named . She also can be seen in the (misguessed as gown earlier) and in the dress.
Her lingerie choices include the .
With Kate, she might try on the or the less outrageous .

When doing Yoga, mom prefers the , when preparing meal in the kitchen it's the apron and to go out shopping she's wearing the with . Her early everyday pieces include with and the with , later on also .
One of mom's underwear pieces is , her bikini of choice seems to be part of . She also keeps the around. Appearently she's into it when Eric puts some or a on her.
After taking a shower, you might spot her wrapped in the .
If Kate manages to convince her, maybe she'll try on at some point.

Kate enjoys wearing the and likes putting the into places.

Rooms and interiors:
General location:
Max' and Lisa's room:
Balcony: .
Yoga Mat:

Poses:
Alice smoking is included in the pack.

As you can see, quite a few blanks left to fill in.
All are my best guesses, so if you have a correction to make, feel free to do so.
Finally, as for interiors, I guess assets from other rooms were moved over to modern villa rooms to create a consistent look, so we're looking for the sets the assets were taken from.

Thanks!

I've added everyones contributions - huge thanks fly out to Techn0magier, bubbas, goutch, Keyr0s, celtic1138, because18 and FunFiction. You guys are awesome. :cool:
THANK you so much for assembling them all toghether!

Reactions: rezaf

halo17

Jun 5, 2017
Hi! Is it possible to convert these models to .obj or .stl files for 3d printing? Sorry for the stupid question I'm not familiar with DAZ, I only used Sketch, 3Dsmax and mostly for simple tools not for complex models.
If yes, how much afterwork needed? I mean poly mesh repairing for example.
Thank you

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Hi! Is it possible to convert these models to .obj or .stl files for 3d printing? Sorry for the stupid question I'm not familiar with DAZ, I only used Sketch, 3Dsmax and mostly for simple tools not for complex models.
If yes, how much afterwork needed? I mean poly mesh repairing for example.
Thank you
Unfortunately it would take a lot of work as there are thousands of tiny gaps in the models, to facilitate the clothing hair etc, and every one of them would need filling from what I've read, there was a plugin for it once, but I think it didn't always work.

Last edited:
Reactions: halo17