• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Status Report 4/26

1714503561695.png

It’s been about 2.5 months since Episode 2 was released, and I’m finally hitting a stage where Episode 3 is starting to come together. The last thing I’m gonna do this time around is rush a release, but a clearer goal is starting to take shape and I never want the gaps between episodes to be too significant.

Above are just a couple generic previews of the Episode. I’m going to avoid anything too spoilery but as the finished product gets closer I’ll showcase some more unique renders. The episode is somewhat split between some calmer scenes in the first half followed by more plot-heavy content in the second, so some of those will be previewed soon.

As the progress tracker shows, the script is complete and I’ve done some editing towards a more finalized version. The first 50% of the editing/testing bar is editing alone and the final 50% will be the last thing I do as I test the fully put together Episode once it’s ready. Renders are close to done, I will finish up posing in the next ~week to week and a half, and then my computer will render as fast as it can so post-work can be finalized. Some decent coding has been done, but as mentioned before I have an itch to clean up some of the UI and visuals, particularly the codex, gallery, rewards system, and pop-ups. Again, that will result in somewhat of a delayed release as I will do that once the episode is put together but I’m just not a fan of how certain things look. Now that I have a somewhat better idea of how to code and create UI elements, I wanna do s bit of clean up. I’ve done very early and small work on animations, but that’s gonna pick up significantly once posing renders is completed sometime within the next 2 weeks. There are going to be quite a few animations, so I’ll give a better idea of how long they’re gonna end up taking once I start working on them.

All in all, I have hope that Episode 3 will be an improvement over the past two in a variety of ways. I also have given thought to my long-term plans of BTV regarding the game’s full length that I plan to share after Episode 3 is released. I’m reaching a point where writing future episodes would be difficult if I don’t know where the finish line would be. Regardless, their is a lot of content to come still so thanks for being patient as I develop.

Enjoy your weekend, I’ll be back next week with another report.

1714503571705.png 1714503581811.png 1714503594411.png 1714503606268.png

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Status Report 5/10

1715393095705.png

Good evening again all. I’ve made substantial progress recently, and as I inch towards having a release goal in my mind I thought I’d use this report to give a bit of detail about where I’m at and a general hope for what remains to be completed. Hopefully, this can give a slight idea of when an ideal window of release would be.

Rendering & Post-Work:

A few days ago I finished posing for the entire episode, other than if any replacements or extra renders are needed after play-testing. It will likely be around ~2 weeks, give or take a few days, for my computer to render them out. Once they’re all done, a couple of days of post-work and I’ll move them all into the game file and be a step closer to the release being ready. I’ll mark post-work down as about 80% at that point, as I will need to post-work the animations as well once they are finished. Once again though, that will only take a day or two.

Coding:

This is the one aspect I don’t have the best idea of how long it’s likely to take. The first 50% of the coding bar is coding the episode itself, which should be finished up in a couple of days. The other 50% is related to retouching the UI screens and codex/gallery, creating the codex updates for Episode 3, rewards, etc. I’m relatively optimistic that I can work pretty quickly, but I won’t know for certain until I begin on it. I’ll likely start the codex and rewards soon, then I’ll give an update on the status of the UI touch-ups.

Animations:

With posing the renders now finished, I’ve begun posing the numerous animations for Episode 3. While the renders are completing overnight, I’ll be able to spend some time during the next 2 weeks posing just about all the animations. Once the renders finish up, I’ll render the animations out and at that point, rendering will be entirely finished. I’m unsure of how long the animations will take to render, hopefully once I get them all posed I can give a better idea in the next report. This episode is going to have significantly more than the prior 2, so I’ll have to wait and see what the times look like.

In regards to editing, I’ve gone through almost the entirety of the script and consider it essentially completed. The final 40% of the bar is going to be for play-testing.

So once again, thank you all for being patient. I don’t enjoy having a release take this much time but I do hope it’ll end up being worth the wait. Have a nice weekend, and hopefully I'll be in a position to share some goalpost dates in the next post.

1715393335844.png 1715393385944.png 1715393412790.png

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes