• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Beyond the Veil [Ep. 2] [Gateway Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Donald_Punch

This game is a real letdown. While some of the renders are decent, the gameplay is just plain awful. Progression crawls at a snail's pace, which is a major letdown for a game in this genre. It's so dull that I can't even muster up the interest to see what's next.

And don't even get me started on the writing – it's laughably bad. The characters feel completely unrealistic, and the dialogue is cringeworthy.

Hey, developers, if you're reading this, don't let a negative review get you down. There's always room for improvement, and if this game evolves and addresses its issues, I'll be the first to bump up my rating. Keep pushing forward, keep refining, and keep striving for better. Your dedication will pay off, and I'll be right here, ready to give credit where it's due.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

Really really promising game with a unique premise. There's multiple factions all vying for something, but it's not revealed quite what it is yet and there's still the mystery of whether this is supernatural, sci-fi or what so there's a lot of mystery here if you love this thing. The girls are all really hot and unique, though there are a couple of exceptions (namely the typical slutty ones). The writings good aside from some very minor spelling errors occasionally, and the flow is good though sometimes scenes kind of jump ahead without filling in the blank. (I need to get dressed quick, instantly dresses and the scene proceeds, no walking off or anything like that). My biggest complaint is probably going to be the points system. I get what it's going for, with being able to get the type of girls you want based on the choices you pick, however the choices don't specify exactly what you are going to get, so it's a lot of scrolling back and forth fishing for points. This also means that you are going to need to do multiple playthroughs to see all the content which is not ideal as I'd like to just do one serious playthrough and move on, not have 1000 saves and replays to see everything. Hopefully it opens up more to just being able to have all the girls and then have the attributes influence your behavior through dialogue or something. Lust is more flirty, loyalty is more protective and caring and charisma more smooth talking or convincing. I think maybe that might be a bit better but who knows. Overall, a really promising game that isn't quite getting the attention it deserves. PS: could really use a walkthrough.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

burbero

The story while not unique is intriguing and, combined with the school life, adds to the game's appeal. Most of the characters are intriguing and not boring. Although there are some ordinary events that we are used to, it was very enjoyable to play in general.
    Rating 4.5
  4. 5.00 star(s)

shadow5

The game tries to use themes like trust and mystery which are very original in my point of you. The characters are nicely introduced and the animations are well done. Overall I had a good time with the game and will wait for the next part for sure
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Floga

Agree with the below review, I was surprised to see no reviews so far and thought to bring some attention to the game.
    No reason why this should be anything other than 5 stars. Models are unique, and plot is an interesting blend on school life + supernatural elements. Quite a lot of content for just two episodes. Will be wishing the dev the best and keeping a close eye on it.
    Sidenote: I'm always on the lookout of cheating games as I feel they are severely under-represented. And when they are, it's usually a throwaway one character among a plethora and it's usually because the cheater's partner is a douche/scumbag/cheater himself and they usually separate very quickly into the cheating. Cheating in this game is what I've been looking, where the cheating happens not because their partner is a jerk [the partner is actually quite decent tbh, even though he appears like a douche], and the cheating occurs because of the attractiveness/charisma of the MC, rather than the douchiness of the [sorta] antagonist. Excited to see where the storyline with Olivia leads.
    There's also the taboo sneaking around with your best friend's roommate which is quite hot as well. Long may the sneaking around continue!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

sunaboz

Second episode and still no reviews? Time to change that. The game is really good, it has very good renders, enjoyable sex scenes, plethora of women to choose from and decent dialogues. The plot is interesting enough and it's definitely above average title. The only flaw I've found are some occasional typos (like "now" instead of "know") so all in all I highly recommend it. Goes to my watch list, if the dev will keep it up it might become one of the classics.