Mod Ren'Py Between Two Worlds WT-Mod [Chapter 8][RiamMar]

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm so curious and excited to see how your mod will work in the current Chapter 8. I guess there won't be save game filtering, based on the response to this idea by Drooskati Games, but any QoL changes you may effect this time will be interesting. Glad to see you are still active in this mod thread.
Of course I'm active in my own mod threads. Well, if someone writes something, I tend to reply. :D

I didn't have much time to spend on this mod core this month or the month before (My Dorm got my updated stuff and I'm working on a different game now as well) and before that I was working on the new mod core seen in other mods I make already. If everything goes as planned, I will be able to roll out v5 for Chapter 9 (maybe make a pre-ch9-update, when I got the old content covered in the new mod core),

The save game filtering can be tricky and, the way I would implement it, wouldn't work retroactively (you would need to load a save and save it again, or I would need to implement a routine that loads and saves games automatically or something...). I will have to see what I can do about that.

So basically, Chapter 8 will stay as is, more or less. Chapter 9 will have the big mod update and chapter 10 would get some polishing (from what I think could be done better and trying to cover stuff from the feedback I got/get, of course). I will probably work on Chapter 8 content on Monday or Tuesday? Depending on my workload.

I'm also working on a tool that could be used to generate my mods with an UI. But to show something with it and having it be reliable is still something for probably mid to late 2024.

Since I'm doing this full time now, I hope to get a better grip on all the stuff. Not that I have more time now for myself, I'm just modding for work and as a hobby now.

Sooo: For 2024, expect a lot of mods, and improved ones at that, a game published by an established game dev with my code base and later that same year, my own game too (which will be slow in development, since it's my first own game and I have a lot of dev for the other game and the mods to do). :D

ClassicGamer221

Jun 27, 2023
Of course I'm active in my own mod threads. Well, if someone writes something, I tend to reply. :D

I didn't have much time to spend on this mod core this month or the month before (My Dorm got my updated stuff and I'm working on a different game now as well) and before that I was working on the new mod core seen in other mods I make already. If everything goes as planned, I will be able to roll out v5 for Chapter 9 (maybe make a pre-ch9-update, when I got the old content covered in the new mod core),

The save game filtering can be tricky and, the way I would implement it, wouldn't work retroactively (you would need to load a save and save it again, or I would need to implement a routine that loads and saves games automatically or something...). I will have to see what I can do about that.

So basically, Chapter 8 will stay as is, more or less. Chapter 9 will have the big mod update and chapter 10 would get some polishing (from what I think could be done better and trying to cover stuff from the feedback I got/get, of course). I will probably work on Chapter 8 content on Monday or Tuesday? Depending on my workload.

I'm also working on a tool that could be used to generate my mods with an UI. But to show something with it and having it be reliable is still something for probably mid to late 2024.

Since I'm doing this full time now, I hope to get a better grip on all the stuff. Not that I have more time now for myself, I'm just modding for work and as a hobby now.

Sooo: For 2024, expect a lot of mods, and improved ones at that, a game published by an established game dev with my code base and later that same year, my own game too (which will be slow in development, since it's my first own game and I have a lot of dev for the other game and the mods to do). :D
Impressive Happy New Year, RiamMar, and thank you.

Reactions: RiamMar

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Is this a language thing or did you mean AI? Or is there some kind of Universal Interface thing?

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
whjen the mod will be released more or less>?? tomorrow or in the week end?? thanks for your works.
p.s. i suggest update the first page cuz it only says walkthrough and not WT mod..:);)

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Today

Progress:
  • Checked old content:7/7
  • Fixed old content: 2/2 (no impact on story or need to replay)
  • Adding new content: 11/11 menus
  • Adding French translations
  • Testing: 8/8 Chapters
  • Fixing a visual bug in the preferences screen

Last edited:

Willy1975

Jan 6, 2021
Today

Progress:
  • Checked old content:7/7
  • Fixed old content: 2/2 (no impact on story or need to replay)
  • Adding new content: 11/11 menus
  • Adding French translations
  • Testing: 8/8 Chapters
  • Fixing a visual bug in the preferences screen
I appreciate your work. I found this game just a few hours ago, and being rated so high I was looking for a WT mod to get the most amount of content. So, I'll wait until you've finished your mod.

/Cheers :)

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Looks like most of the OP links are broken? Only pixeldrain is working.
Thanks for the info!

Somehow files.fm deletes some of the mods on a more or less regular basis, but always a different one. For that reason I canceled my membership there and seem to have overlooked on mod. Will re-up them shortly.

Reactions: SamWinters

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does this mod work with the Steam version? I'm asking because on other games WT mods can sometimes block achievements from triggering and just wanted to be sure. Thank you.