Mod Ren'Py Between Two Worlds WT-Mod [Chapter 8][RiamMar]

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I really like how you keep a running total right in the hints/choices. Very nice feature that adds convenience and helps a lot in the picking.
Thank you for your kind words!
I'm pretty sure — well, I know for a fact — that I'm not the first to have this feature, but I was very proud of myself when I added it. It's the small things, right? :D

Reactions: motseer

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 2572625

Overview:
Walkthrough mod showing change in character and relationship points as well as alignment.
Also shows which choice leads to a new achievement and helps with solutions in minigames.​

Updated: 2023-07-20
Game: Between Two Worlds Chapter 7
Creator: Drooskati | - - - -
Modder: RiamMar | on same
Mod Version: Chapters 7 (Mod Core 4.1.1)
Language: English, French
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Download:
- -

View attachment 2572614 View attachment 2572615 View attachment 2572616 View attachment 2572623
thank you for the update~ :LOL:

Reactions: RiamMar

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Well, I have to say, now I'm a bit more interested in seeing the what happens when I don't fight the demon lady ...

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
i must say, that's a damn gorgeous looking mod, both in visuals and provided wt usability
also looks complex as fuck, but it was definitely worth it

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Well, I have to say, now I'm a bit more interested in seeing the what happens when I don't fight the demon lady ...

It's worth making a backup of your save and replaying.

If my sleepy brain remembers correctly this is literally your positive alignment:
Should probably have added the number in parenthesis there as well. When I got there I had like +26 or so positive alignment with around +20 at the end of chapter 6 — yes, I'm a "good guy player".
If you have +13 or more at the end of chapter 6 it's impossible to get there.

So here's a hint about how the alignment is checked currently:
Alignment greater than or equal to 0: positive
Alignment less than 0: negative

Keep that alignment close to zero if you want to see branching paths!

Though it's also tracked on which arc you played and most of the decisions you made. We'll have to wait for chapter 8 to see if the arcs converged or if they continued.

i must say, that's a damn gorgeous looking mod, both in visuals and provided wt usability
also looks complex as fuck, but it was definitely worth it
Thank you. Though the look is mostly the official look of the game. I'm "just" adding a bit of text with a smaller font size.
There are some new conditionals, like the branching story arc above and one or two others, where I might need to upgrade my core. Those are related to the "If on this or that route". I'll have to figure out a nice way to do that without having to redo all of the mod. But I'm optimistic that it will be fairly easy.

Complex, but easy. that's how my "fresh out of bed" brain likes it. Drinking coffee hot and thinking hard!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Danv and Elhemeer

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
If my sleepy brain remembers correctly this is literally your positive alignment:
Should probably have added the number in parenthesis there as well. When I got there I had like +26 or so positive alignment with around +20 at the end of chapter 6 — yes, I'm a "good guy player".
If you have +13 or more at the end of chapter 6 it's impossible to get there.

So here's a hint about how the alignment is checked currently:
Alignment greater than or equal to 0: positive
Alignment lesser than 0: negative

Keep that alignment close to zero if you want to see branching paths!

Though it's also tracked on which arc you played and most of the decisions you made. We'll have to wait for chapter 8 to see if the arcs converged or if they continued.

Thank you. Though the look is mostly the official look of the game. I'm "just" adding a bit of text with a smaller font size.
There are some new conditionals, like the branching story arc above and one or two others, where I might need to upgrade my core. Those are related to the "If on this or that route". I'll have to figure out a nice way to do that without having to redo all of the mod. But I'm optimistic that it will be fairly easy.

Complex, but easy. that's how my "fresh out of bed" brain likes it. Drinking coffee hot and thinking hard!
I'm also thinking of a "savegame-mod" with the following feature:
  • Give your playthrough a name
  • Saves are made per playthrough
  • Option to filter the "Save/Load" by that playthrough-name
That way I could have a "good guy" and a "bad guy" playthrough without using the save naming. I also want to have a look at other parts, like the preferences screen and stuff. Now that the game is using Ren'Py 8.1 there's stuff I can do without frying my brain to code it.

Also, I don't want to do a "see both paths". That might be nice to have for certain scenes, but IF I ever do that, I will only do that for paths with no major impact on variables which will basically void all scenes in chapter 7. Though I recommend to save before a certain "lake scene branch" and playing all threetwo branches.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That way I could have a "good guy" and a "bad guy" playthrough without using the save naming. I also want to have a look at other parts, like the preferences screen and stuff. Now that the game is using Ren'Py 8.1 there's stuff I can do without frying my brain to code it.
:unsure::whistle::D
Also, I don't want to do a "see both paths". That might be nice to have for certain scenes, but IF I ever do that, I will only do that for paths with no major impact on variables which will basically void all scenes in chapter 7. Though I recommend to save before a certain "lake scene branch" and playing all threetwo branches.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

I do use the name saving to track branches and stuff, but I also use it just as much to highlight cool moments (Permission, Granted! might be a save name, for instance). Being able to have a separate, playthrough name that could be filtered? Such a cool idea, and one I'd love to see in SOOO many games*!

*If you ever decide you want to do your own walkthrough mod of Artemis, for example ...

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020

Only thing is that good/evil are just one over arching theme. There are a LOT of sub variables beneath those that dictate how the story goes.

Reactions: Elhemeer
Feb 17, 2022
I'm confused. I download the link for chapter 7 mod but in the games main menu it says chapter 6 mod and the game ends with the kidnapping. Is this how it's supposed to be?

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm confused. I download the link for chapter 7 mod but in the games main menu it says chapter 6 mod and the game ends with the kidnapping. Is this how it's supposed to be?
The ending is correct. I forgot to change the version number.
I fixed that and the files should be up-to-date in a minute. Though, if you played to the end, you don't really need to re-download the mod. :)

Edit: I'll probably remove this "Version X.Y" beginning with the next update. I always forget to update that and have to reupload later on. :D

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
The mod is not translated into French, it just allows you to play in this language, but the mod itself remains in English, is that right?

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The mod is not translated into French, it just allows you to play in this language, but the mod itself remains in English, is that right?
No, that's a bug. I will have a look at it, when I had my breakfast.
I updated the mod and it show the french options and WT now.

Please redownload the mod and try again. Fair warning, it's most likely bad French, since I'm not a native speaker. :confused:
2023-10-19 05_56_42-.jpg

If you're playing with the French translation, please let me know any errors in translation. Even if it's from the game itself. I can redirect those to the dev and correct the errors in my mods translation.
Merci beaucoup. :)

Last edited:

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Hi wondering if anyone has an Android port with the mod they don't mind sharing?
Thank you for your time :)

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I don't, but if anyone wants to add it to their port, they are welcome to do so.
Give me a bump if you do so, so I can add you to the OP.

Reactions: Wildbill5150

CamSolusar

Dec 5, 2020
Does this have a scene replay gallery? I could've sworn when I was playing the other day I saw it did, but now for the life of me I can't find it and I'm wondering if I'm insane.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Does this have a scene replay gallery? I could've sworn when I was playing the other day I saw it did, but now for the life of me I can't find it and I'm wondering if I'm insane.
There's a gallery with stills in the main menu, but no replay gallery afaik.
I'm also almost certain that the labels aren't really setup to support replays without the need to rewrite them per scene variant. If I make a replay gallery, it will take time.

ClassicGamer221

Jun 27, 2023
I'm so curious and excited to see how your mod will work in the current Chapter 8. I guess there won't be save game filtering, based on the response to this idea by Drooskati Games, but any QoL changes you may effect this time will be interesting. Glad to see you are still active in this mod thread.