Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Help please, error occured in Season 8 after talking to Dusty about ordering the window. Using Sancho mod

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 34, in art_unlock_orders
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 17, in setup_art_shop
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpyc", line 41, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 34, in art_unlock_orders
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 17, in setup_art_shop
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Wed Feb 22 15:39:01 2023
Tried looking up but can't find this exact fix. Thanks in advance for any assistance
Good evening. Apologies for late reply as I've been working another VN update all day.

That particular looked familiar not long ago so I searched and this fella had the same issue but never replied back. I cannot replicate on unmodded game play nor pure SanchoMod game play so I need more info. Like were and when exactly does it occur, etc. There's something going on with your installation or save file... that list for the Art Shop is original code, I don't fuck with it.

mikeyv

Jul 29, 2020
Good evening. Apologies for late reply as I've been working another VN update all day.

That particular looked familiar not long ago so I searched and this fella had the same issue but never replied back. I cannot replicate on unmodded game play nor pure SanchoMod game play so I need more info. Like were and when exactly does it occur, etc. There's something going on with your installation or save file... that list for the Art Shop is original code, I don't fuck with it.
I made a screen video of the scene to the error.

can be found here:

Hope this helps. Ignore closes the game completely.

mikeyv

Jul 29, 2020

I did reinstall the game, I may have used another mod that was available at the time, honestly I do not remember. I restarted from season 7 and had no issues. It just started at the point I showed in the video above.

I have attached my saved file if that helps you even further as well. Hope it does. I'm assuming the save file format goes by page followed by which box it is.

I appreciate your assistance and hoping my feedback is of any use to you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did reinstall the game, I may have used another mod that was available at the time, honestly I do not remember. I restarted from season 7 and had no issues. It just started at the point I showed in the video above.

I have attached my saved file if that helps you even further as well. Hope it does. I'm assuming the save file format goes by page followed by which box it is.

Give me a bit to open the project and see what's going on with your file. That index (hell, all of the Shop's functions) are unmodified in SanchMod and I can't think of any reason why another mod would modify them, even if were to unlock all the shop items as that's a bit too brute force of an attempt to do so. I'll have to dig into it a bit so give me some time (it's 2300 hours here currently and I'm not on my best performance level being this late).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

For fuck's sake. As soon as I reply to you I see the problem immediately. Yes, you used the other mod and it's fucked up your save/playthrough. Don't fret though, I took my personal time to resolve the issue even though it has nothing to do with me. See the post here and follow the instructions exactly. Once you do that, start the VN, load that save and you're done. You're welcome.

mikeyv

Jul 29, 2020
For fuck's sake. As soon as I reply to you I see the problem immediately. Yes, you used the other mod and it's fucked up your save/playthrough. Don't fret though, I took my personal time to resolve the issue even though it has nothing to do with me. See the post here and follow the instructions exactly. Once you do that, start the VN, load that save and you're done. You're welcome.
Thank you very much for the fast reply. I was afraid that I would have to start the game over, which really wouldn't be a horrible thing.

I'll try that file later on today and let you know.

Again, thanks for the help.

Maxiruas

Nov 25, 2018
Im probably blind, but cant you change the stats/choices you have made with this mod (and MC name). I couldnt find my saves, so I had to download a save and I would like to change somethings.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Im probably blind, but cant you change the stats/choices you have made with this mod (and MC name). I couldnt find my saves, so I had to download a save and I would like to change somethings.
You didn't mention which Season but the process is the same:
Either open SanchoOptions from the MiniMenu then choose SanchoCheats, or simply press the "c" key while in-game. This is the S1/S2 cheat screen, S3 is similar:
1677867506766.png

Pmaria

Mar 30, 2022
9.1 gallery mode is messed up

Even if you change the MC name, in the dialogues is always Stevan ...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
9.1 gallery mode is messed up

Even if you change the MC name, in the dialogues is always Stevan ...
What in the world did you do on your own after installing the mod as instructed? ... and who the heck is Stevan?

Changed name to "Stevan-Test" for funzzies and chose several of the scenes, in this particular case the one I chose is circled:
1678243075470.png
Here the MC's name is circled to prove the code is solid as a rock:
1678243151075.png

yhdje123

Feb 13, 2023
View attachment 1673141

Overview:
SanchoMod Fully Cocked - In-game mod for Being a DIK
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

S1/S2 - SanchoMod Core v7a
S3 - SanchoMod Core v6a3
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development .

This mod is huge in content and size.
Note: older processors will experience some lag simply due to resource demands.
Everything has been tested to be rock-solid as you've come to expect from SanchoMod.
Welcome to my personal sandbox, free of cat shit and fleas, shared to SanchoMod fans. Enjoy.

Updated: 12-21-2022
Game/Creator: Being a DIK / DrPinkCake /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: S2 v0.8.3 / S3 v0.9.1
Game Version: S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.9.1
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port). S1/S2 Includes dynamic variable and mini game cheat options.
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split.
  • Dynamic MiniStat guide for FreeRoam, DnG, Hangout events, Mansion events and more.
  • Way too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

SanchoMod GUI/Features (S1S2)
View attachment 1673164 View attachment 1673165 View attachment 1673166 View attachment 1673167
View attachment 1673168 View attachment 1673169 View attachment 1673170 View attachment 1673171 View attachment 1673174
Dynamic ChoiceGuide (S1S2)
View attachment 1673175 View attachment 1673176 View attachment 1673177 View attachment 1673178 View attachment 1673179 View attachment 1673180
SanchoCheats (S1S2)
View attachment 1673209 View attachment 1673210 View attachment 1673211 View attachment 1673212 View attachment 1673214 View attachment 1673213 View attachment 1673215 View attachment 1673216

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1673222
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.
This is really a very cool mod. i would like to ask, i am working on the translation of the game, and after installing the mod, the game has a series of bugs. Is this operable?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is really a very cool mod. i would like to ask, i am working on the translation of the game, and after installing the mod, the game has a series of bugs. Is this operable?
It's currently bulletproof PC/English.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
I made the 0.8.2 with the FR translation and its mod, everything worked perfectly, generally its mods are compatible with the translations. If it bugs, it's the translation file that is at fault. (y)

By the way, the files to put back the musics still exist, because I lost the links... :(

Once again, thank you for your monstrous work, Sancho1969.

Last edited:

yhdje123

Feb 13, 2023
I made the 0.8.2 with the FR translation and its mod, everything worked perfectly, generally its mods are compatible with the translations. If it bugs, it's the translation file that is at fault. (y)

By the way, the files to put back the musics still exist, because I lost the links... :(

Once again, thank you for your monstrous work, Sancho1969.
First of all, thank you very much for your answer, but I have some doubts, the mod itself seems to be untranslatable, because the selection item does not show the translated language

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
At first I used the 0.82 version of the game, the translation language is Chinese
Is the Chinese translation up to date or has it stopped at version 0.8.2 ? For example, in my case, the team in charge of the French translation has not updated their patch for version 0.8.3 and is still in 0.8.2, which makes Sancho's mod incompatible and prevents the game from working.

It may also depend on how the translation has been coded...

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes