Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply, I can indeed open and close the guide via the quick menu but it doesn't clear the "press g" screen unfortunately.
Is that what is says exactly "press g"? If not give me the exact phrase and a bit to open that project and see what I can do for you.

CaptainHarrison

Feb 19, 2023
Give me a bit. I don't have that particular screen code so I'm going to have to pull a rabbit or two out of my cowboy hat. Standby...
Would deleting the mod, starting season 2 and clearing that screen, then reinstalling the mod with the save fix work? Or is there a better solution? My skills are minimal and I wouldn't want to delete the wrong things.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Would deleting the mod, starting season 2 and clearing that screen, then reinstalling the mod with the save fix work? Or is there a better solution? My skills are minimal and I wouldn't want to delete the wrong things.
There's an easier way but in theory, yes that would work for new games. Here's what I think is going to happen without me being able to see the actual code (because I know how the dev works). My guess is that you only see that "thank you" screen once... and after it's closed it likely has a persistent variable that sets so that the game doesn't say "thank you" every single time you start a new game. If so your theory would work. If not then it won't. It is possible the dev nags you with thanks every single time but I would seriously doubt it... that'd be like getting junk emails from the same folks constantly.

CaptainHarrison

Feb 19, 2023
There's an easier way but in theory, yes that would work for new games. Here's what I think is going to happen without me being able to see the actual code (because I know how the dev works). My guess is that you only see that "thank you" screen once... and after it's closed it likely has a persistent variable that sets so that the game doesn't say "thank you" every single time you start a new game. If so your theory would work. If not then it won't. It is possible the dev nags you with thanks every single time but I would seriously doubt it... that'd be like getting junk emails from the same folks constantly.
Oki doke, thank you. Happy to wait for an easier solution though if possible.

CaptainHarrison

Feb 19, 2023
Can you tell me if that nag screen pops up when you load a previous save? Or does it only populate when starting a fresh new playthrough?
It's my first playthrough, it popped up when I finished season 1 and went to season 2. I've tried loading an earlier save in season 1 and carrying on from there but the screen pops up again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's my first playthrough, it popped up when I finished season 1 and went to season 2. I've tried loading an earlier save in season 1 and carrying on from there but the screen pops up again.
Ok, then it pops during both a new playthrough AND when loading a save... got it. Give me a bit, maybe I can grab this rabbit's ears...

Reactions: CaptainHarrison

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hopefully my last question bud (apologies but I'm coding this blind): If you start a new playthough, do you see the very first text on screen: "There are mini-games in this game." BEFORE that guide nag screen? This is imperative as (hopefully) the nag screen comes later so I have at least one frame to work with.

CaptainHarrison

Feb 19, 2023
Hopefully my last question bud (apologies but I'm coding this blind): If you start a new playthough, do you see the very first text on screen: "There are mini-games in this game." BEFORE that guide nag screen? This is imperative as (hopefully) the nag screen comes later so I have at least one frame to work with.
No need for apologies, and yes I do see the mini games screen when starting a new playthrough.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - BaDIK Official Guide Fix

*** This is outdated, do not use with the latest mod Core. Please see post here instead. ***

Okay, this should be you sorted. In theory this should work with SanchoMod for either S1/S2 or S3 of the VN (either one or both) and I'll do my best to remember to keep this compatible going forward.

Installation:​
  1. Close the game (obviously)
  2. Extract the attached and copy it's file inside your "/game" or "/SanchoMod" folder (whichever you prefer).
  3. Start a new playthrough OR load a previous save, either should be fine, and test.
  4. Your new SanchoMod ChoiceGuide hotkey is Alt-G (Shift-G is already taken).
  5. Lower-case "g" should work as originally intended by the VN developer.
Note: This only works if you are using SanchoMod. The file is NOT compatible otherwise.

Mention: CaptainHarrison

Last edited:

CaptainHarrison

Feb 19, 2023
SanchoMod - BaDIK Official Guide Fix

Okay, this should be you sorted. In theory this should work with SanchoMod for either S1/S2 or S3 of the VN (either one or both) and I'll do my best to remember to keep this compatible going forward.

Installation:​
  1. Close the game (obviously)
  2. Extract the attached and copy it's file inside your "/game" or "/SanchoMod" folder (whichever you prefer).
  3. Start a new playthrough OR load a previous save, either should be fine, and test.
  4. Your new SanchoMod ChoiceGuide hotkey is Alt-G (Shift-G is already taken).
  5. Lower-case "g" should work as originally intended by the VN developer.
Note: This only works if you are using SanchoMod. The file is NOT compatible otherwise.

Mention: CaptainHarrison
That's done it! Thank you very much pal, that was fast!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2407380

what does this even mean? did you put nonsense there just to mess with us?
Well, let me simplify it for you on a more Dawe level including pics.

MansionGame Notes (expanded):
  • 1677016516340.png Get the FreeRoam Library job from Bella (I can't elaborate more than that)
  • 1677016379285.png Accept the VIP Pass (this is optional but I recommend it for more content, you don't need the extra $ for mansion windows, but it being "optional" you do you)
  • 1677017552734.png In the next DIK FreeRoam, go upstairs to the area known as "UpperArea2" (according to the MansionGame map) and clean the wall (this way you don't have to spend manhour resources doing in via the MansionGame)
So, you'll notice that condensed info on Notes is in all other guides and detailed as noted in the above bullet pics. Make sense?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello I don't know if you answered this before but will the 0.8.3 mod work for the compressed version? it says it's on 0.8.2
v0.8.3 was a patch for v0.8.2 which contained no new images but some bug fixes and the music changes. The fixes are technically in the mod so yes, you should be fine applying the mod inside the compressed version of 0.8.2. I built the latest version of the S1/S2 mod with a base VN build of the compressed v0.8.2 plus the v0.8.3 patch, so those scripts are included in the mod package.

Regards.

mikeyv

Jul 29, 2020
Help please, error occured in Season 8 after talking to Dusty about ordering the window. Using Sancho mod

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 34, in art_unlock_orders
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 17, in setup_art_shop
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpyc", line 41, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode8/ep8_freeroam_diks_room.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 34, in art_unlock_orders
  File "game/season2/scripts/new_phone/apps/art_2d/mphone_art_app.rpy", line 17, in setup_art_shop
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Wed Feb 22 15:39:01 2023
Tried looking up but can't find this exact fix. Thanks in advance for any assistance

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes