The Nook Erotica

Creator of Becoming Prom Queen
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
Getting a blank screen after: Today's the day we finalize our costumes before tomorrow's class > Meet my friends :c
Hello!
What group have you chosen to join, can you link a save file so I can check out this bug? <3

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
I have played this game all the way through perhaps ten times, if not more. I have tried the BBC route multiple ways, which is fairly easy to travel the way the game is set up. At the party the MC can have a threesome with Jerome and Jasmine. The LGBT route is a bit trickier. I played one shooting for Eva and another shooting for Yara. Turns out you can get Eva over 40 points, but Yara stays stuck at 12. Your options at the party are a threeway with Yara and Eva or a night alone with Eva. If there is a way for the MC to have a night alone with Yara, I haven't yet found it. I tried to turn Leo into a love interest for the MC, but I couldn't make that work. The next thing I'll try is having the MC and Eric as a couple, and see where that goes. Eric seems like a boring guy. Will there be a way at some point in the game if she is hetero for the MC and Samuel to be a couple? He seems like the coolest guy in the story. Julio also is better than Eric. Too bad Leo can't be turned more masculine unless that's a slow task requiring patience and further updates. This game has a ton of potential.

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
I have played this game all the way through perhaps ten times, if not more. I have tried the BBC route multiple ways, which is fairly easy to travel the way the game is set up. At the party the MC can have a threesome with Jerome and Jasmine. The LGBT route is a bit trickier. I played one shooting for Eva and another shooting for Yara. Turns out you can get Eva over 40 points, but Yara stays stuck at 12. Your options at the party are a threeway with Yara and Eva or a night alone with Eva. If there is a way for the MC to have a night alone with Yara, I haven't yet found it. I tried to turn Leo into a love interest for the MC, but I couldn't make that work. The next thing I'll try is having the MC and Eric as a couple, and see where that goes. Eric seems like a boring guy. Will there be a way at some point in the game if she is hetero for the MC and Samuel to be a couple? He seems like the coolest guy in the story. Julio also is better than Eric. Too bad Leo can't be turned more masculine unless that's a slow task requiring patience and further updates. This game has a ton of potential.
Honestly reading that message very well might have made my day! You played the game almost the way I intended people to play it, trying out stuff and seeing which of the character you can get.
For Yara, the friendship cap is not at 12 but much higher. You'll have to click on the empty square once you reach higher than 10 in her info tab to be able to receive a message from her. Beyond that there's more scenes you can discover and even further a valentine ending with Yara too.
When it comes to Eric, while he is boring, he does have a long path ahead of him to really show his true colors, but I still haven't gotten around to writing his storyline or fully fleshing it out since I am still searching for inspiration for that.
With Leo too, there is possibility to follow a more masculine route, but as all content in the game it still needs to be further elaborated.
Samuel has grown on me too, and will potentially become a love interest. I need his story to get more compelling for that to happen but it's in the future plans for the game.
Again, thanks for playing the game and glad you've enjoyed it as much so far <3

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
Honestly reading that message very well might have made my day! You played the game almost the way I intended people to play it, trying out stuff and seeing which of the character you can get.
For Yara, the friendship cap is not at 12 but much higher. You'll have to click on the empty square once you reach higher than 10 in her info tab to be able to receive a message from her. Beyond that there's more scenes you can discover and even further a valentine ending with Yara too.
When it comes to Eric, while he is boring, he does have a long path ahead of him to really show his true colors, but I still haven't gotten around to writing his storyline or fully fleshing it out since I am still searching for inspiration for that.
With Leo too, there is possibility to follow a more masculine route, but as all content in the game it still needs to be further elaborated.
Samuel has grown on me too, and will potentially become a love interest. I need his story to get more compelling for that to happen but it's in the future plans for the game.
Again, thanks for playing the game and glad you've enjoyed it as much so far <3
I had no idea you could open up those info boxes in the lower right side of the screen. I just got the scene with Yara at the lingerie shop. I need to replay Save 4 from the beginning and keep my eye on that.

Reactions: The Nook Erotica

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
I found a game breaker glitch on Jasmine Pizza Night. I'll hit the back button and save it. I used a save editor and cheat on money, sub/dom, openness, and corruption. I doubt' that makes a difference on this. This is the same glitch you get when the MC shares that one BBC text to Leo.

Spawk

Jan 25, 2018
Am I the only one whose game breaks after every patch? I'm starting to get tired of going through the same segments over and over again. I think this is the last time I do this.

P.S. the game broke at the moment when you have to send something from insta to a potential femboy.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
Am I the only one whose game breaks after every patch? I'm starting to get tired of going through the same segments over and over again. I think this is the last time I do this.

P.S. the game broke at the moment when you have to send something from insta to a potential femboy.
That isn't exactly a game breaker. Just don't share that post with Leo. If you tried to just hit the back arrow in the upper left corner of the GUI and continue to play. There are plenty of other ways to feminize Leo that don't stop the game. The one I just reported doesn't totally break the game, but you can't finish the scene with Jasmine without losing points with her. If you want to minimize the grind, use this I suggest you don't go crazy changing everything. I use it for money, openness, corruption, and sub/dom primarily. I've played the game from beginning to end of content which is about 70 game days from January 8 to morning of March 18 about 16 times, maybe more. I keep finding new content. You can give up if you want, but the game is definitely playable as is. Note on sub/dom setting negative numbers make the MC submissive such as -20. Positive numbers make her dominant. She can be sexual when she is dominant or submissive.

• Red Heart

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023

Hey!
As Jim said, this is not a game breaking bug, and has been fixed for the upcoming iteration of the game.
Furthermore, the upcoming update will give you a mid-game jump so that you won't have to go through all the grind again while replaying.
The game is still in active development, so there are a few things here and there that are still to be improved on, and it's through comments and constructive criticism that we can continue to do so.
Thanks for your patience and for giving this game your time and trust <3

Reactions: tenklafan

Spawk

Jan 25, 2018
That isn't exactly a game breaker. Just don't share that post with Leo.
you are wrong as I can't continue the game after this. And how do you understand “just don’t do it”, maybe I shouldn’t play the game, then it will 100% not break?
Furthermore, the upcoming update will give you a mid-game jump so that you won't have to go through all the grind again while replaying.
Doesn't this mean that I won't be able to make any decisions, and also that this makes the beginning of the game useless? It may be worth paying attention to ensuring that the game does not simply break with each patch, since I do not observe these problems in other games.
The game is still in active development
I understand it. And I really like this game, I wouldn’t write about it if I didn’t care, the problem is that I need to start everything from scratch with every patch and after that I don’t have to wait for every update, but just wait when there version 10 will be released. Again, I understand that games in development may have problems after updates and saves from old versions, which is why I did not write about this, although I played the game from the moment it appeared on this site.

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
you are wrong as I can't continue the game after this. And how do you understand “just don’t do it”, maybe I shouldn’t play the game, then it will 100% not break?

Doesn't this mean that I won't be able to make any decisions, and also that this makes the beginning of the game useless? It may be worth paying attention to ensuring that the game does not simply break with each patch, since I do not observe these problems in other games.

I understand it. And I really like this game, I wouldn’t write about it if I didn’t care, the problem is that I need to start everything from scratch with every patch and after that I don’t have to wait for every update, but just wait when there version 10 will be released. Again, I understand that games in development may have problems after updates and saves from old versions, which is why I did not write about this, although I played the game from the moment it appeared on this site.
I appreciate you reaching out,
Definitely, had you not cared, you wouldn't have written anything here, so I definitely see you and appreciate your passion for the project.
It is for sure frustrating when you want to safekeep your progress but are unable to do so because updates are not backwards compatible. Unfortunately, I am not a coder by nature but rather a writer by trade, so I'm much more confident in that than any other aspect of the gamification of my fantasies. That being said, every solution I give is probably a half-solution, but a solution nonetheless to the issue I am facing for the time being. My ultimate plan is to have a full game by the end of the year that one can play in its entirety. Plans are always subject to change depending on how heavy a material I end up writing for the game.
That being said, allow me to alleviate some of the concerns that you've voiced:
You can move back from sending the picture to Leo and simply not send it to him in the current version of the game. This will make you miss out on one point in feminization or masculinization depending on their stats, but won't have any further repercussions in future interactions. That's why I wrote it is not a game-breaking bug. This bug has been fixed for the upcoming update.
When it comes to the mid-game jump I mentioned, I have also included stats that you'd fill out to point out where you are in every storyline. That means any progress and story you've experienced in previous updates will still be there, but you can always continue further down the road than you were previously on. Your stats will carry over since you can decide how many points in each you'd have. This measure is made because every 0.x update introduces a new month of content, with the whole story reaching up to 6 months by the end. Each update takes 3 months of development give or take across every storyline and character, which makes that each 3 updates you'll have all the content for that given month. That in itself is reason enough for updates not being backwards compatible out of game logic rather than my personal preferences or unwillingness.
In other words, what use is there that update 0.3.1 and 0.3.5 are compatible since they both elaborate on content in the same month, content that often impact each other on the long run? Food for thought.
Every update brings something new, elaborates on things that are already there, and brings me closer to understanding coding even more. If there is one thing I can promise it's that I'll keep learning and improving my skills until I ultimately can apply the knowledge I gain here while entertaining you in my future projects.
Again, thank you for your time and passion. <3

confettigun

Nov 6, 2023
I've been quite enjoying this game and have only done one playthrough at the moment but I am definitely interested in doing more.
I have come across a couple of bugs so far.
1. Sending Leo the instagram post bring the phone interface into main window behind the pop-up phone interface and I there is no way to get out of it except for iterating back in history
2. Working out with Leo on Wed or Sun he says he can no longer workout on Wed due to a class I am not given any text link to progress out of the message so I essentially have to just skip that workout stage every time now
3. I've bought the items from Nexus Toys but the message doesn't change when masturbating from suggesting I buy them to something else.
4. I found some images were missing from the valentines event for the threesome with Jerome+Jasmin. They weren't in my zip at all. Will check again next update

I've attached a save if that helps at all

Looking forward to the continued development, its great so far!

• Red Heart

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Can you actually go to valentine party with Eric? I accepted his proposal to go together but on the day of the party I get offer from Eva as if I rejected Eric's proposal.

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
I've been quite enjoying this game and have only done one playthrough at the moment but I am definitely interested in doing more.
I have come across a couple of bugs so far.
1. Sending Leo the instagram post bring the phone interface into main window behind the pop-up phone interface and I there is no way to get out of it except for iterating back in history
2. Working out with Leo on Wed or Sun he says he can no longer workout on Wed due to a class I am not given any text link to progress out of the message so I essentially have to just skip that workout stage every time now
3. I've bought the items from Nexus Toys but the message doesn't change when masturbating from suggesting I buy them to something else.
4. I found some images were missing from the valentines event for the threesome with Jerome+Jasmin. They weren't in my zip at all. Will check again next update

I've attached a save if that helps at all

Looking forward to the continued development, its great so far!
Thanks for all of those and the kind words, these have been worked on <3

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
Can you actually go to valentine party with Eric? I accepted his proposal to go together but on the day of the party I get offer from Eva as if I rejected Eric's proposal.
In all cases, you go with Eva to the valentine party, but once there you'll have access to different scenes if you chose Eric as a date. Eva always goes there with you, but different scenes are available once you're there.

Reactions: Skylark21

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
In all cases, you go with Eva to the valentine party, but once there you'll have access to different scenes if you chose Eric as a date. Eva always goes there with you, but different scenes are available once you're there.
I guess my playthrough is bugged thn cause I can't find Eric at party even though I accepted his proposal, plus Eva's proposal shouldn't have been triggered if MC accepted Eric's cause she was there and bit dejected when it happened.

• Red Heart

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
I guess my playthrough is bugged thn cause I can't find Eric at party even though I accepted his proposal, plus Eva's proposal shouldn't have been triggered if MC accepted Eric's cause she was there and bit dejected when it happened.
I love how people's different approaches to the game has brought to light bugs I had no idea to think would exist
One small letter of difference made a flag not trigger in the latest version for all things Eric related. Now it's been fixed, and will be out in the upcoming release <3

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes