• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Patreon is meant to support the developers and artists so they can focus on making a better overall product, it's not so much about the product itself but the people behind the product and therein lies the hangup with some folks. Whereas with a AAA development team they have a budget and timetable from the getgo, patreon devs don't have that luxury or limitation and really rely on people donating to keep their work going. More money = more freedom for a better end result, but that is not always the case (there are too many examples of milking to list). Anyway, if you like the product or the developer, please support their work.

As for adding sound, it could be a nice touch. Snowdaze added voice acting and sound and it served to only enhance what would've been a run of the mill visual novel into something greater (art is nice too even though it's exaggerated, especially with the mom). On the flip side My New Life uses some sound and it can be considered not so good. One of the first sex scenes has some strange duck noises. When the MC is thrusting away all you hear is: quack quack quack. It made the scene unintentionally hilarious which probably detracted from the original intent. The females all sounding the same, like little asian girls, is offputting too.

Reactions: TechCarmin

chengue

Feb 26, 2017
I think that is absolutelly normal, my opinion is the same - 40 dollars is too much... my opinion is that 1 dollar is reasonable price for update and help in game development (not taking into account mexican guy I would really feel bad if he would spent 1 dollar on game instead of his dinner). If every player who liked the game and can afford it paid 1 dollar maybe we could have real woman voices in game.

So question is would you donate 1 dollar? I think not, therefore I am very grateful that there are people who can afford and are willing to pay 40 bucks and are taking bullet for 39 others ;) And you can be even grateful to them too because you will receive already tested game... ;) Real Patreons of the game what else we can say?

By the way I am curious guys would you like to have real women voices in game (small samples of sighs, moanings etc.)? I got opinion only of my Patreons.
I blame my corrupt country we are so corrupt that we do not even hide it

primsteg

May 8, 2017
" teach my girlfriend to render in order to provide you with more animation content :D" good, good. im sure she can moan? *wink, wink* haha

really like this game.. sad im cheap bit*h lol

Reactions: T4bbo

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I think that is absolutelly normal, my opinion is the same - 40 dollars is too much... my opinion is that 1 dollar is reasonable price for update and help in game development (not taking into account mexican guy I would really feel bad if he would spent 1 dollar on game instead of his dinner). If every player who liked the game and can afford it paid 1 dollar maybe we could have real woman voices in game.

So question is would you donate 1 dollar? I think not, therefore I am very grateful that there are people who can afford and are willing to pay 40 bucks and are taking bullet for 39 others ;) And you can be even grateful to them too because you will receive already tested game... ;) Real Patreons of the game what else we can say?

By the way I am curious guys would you like to have real women voices in game (small samples of sighs, moanings etc.)? I got opinion only of my Patreons.
I am ok with voices as long as they are not the usual ones you hear in like every other Renpy type games it gets kinda old.

JackSatcher

Jul 3, 2017
I'd prefer money spent on art and animations that voice. Not having voices lends a certain... immersion to the game. Like you can decide what the characters sound like according to your own preferences. It's a visual novel after all.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017

Definitely a very reasonable answer. To me, $40 support per month (or per update depending on which creator) is really for those who can afford to do so and willing to support the creator. The $40 tag is not the "price" for the update, but the amount of "donation" instead.

People also need to remember that game developer companies often have deals with supplier, sponsors, etc too so that the price of the actual game ends up costing low (video game is definitely an item which price is pretty much unaffected by inflation which is CRAZY). On the other hand, solo creator in patreon has no such thing. They just rely on whatever donation that people are willing to pay. For those willing to pay extra (in this case, $40), they most definitely deserve to get something extra in return.

As for the question about voice, to be honest, I play with sound being muted. I prefer the storytelling to be done with great writing instead of via sound. A great voice acting can definitely enhance the game, so don't misunderstand me, but a sub-par voice acting can also very much ruin the game.

sansusername

May 4, 2017

For $1, if you give the newest update right away, that is a great deal. I may even consider donating to that.

Mentioned above is that patreon is about supporting the creator, not necessarily the product, but to me they are one in the same. Supporting you at $40 a month is awesome when you get it, but I can't separate the product from the creator sometimes. Like, if you put out updates that were an hour long or even had two games in development with updates for both, that would be with a bout of money. But that's just my opinion. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'll give creators money for the final product OR if they are truly producing something that is beyond simple updates.

Can't wait for more, I hope that your donations make it stop that you can thrive by making this game!

paladin07

May 28, 2017
When is the next update to this?
The next update was actually on July 2nd at 6 p.m., but it's only for the $40 patreons and none of those have posted it to this site. There is actually a request link on another thread and you can post a plus one there if you want to join in asking for the update.

SholBlerk

May 11, 2017
Concerning voice acting, I'm totally in favor to it.

For me hearing a woman moaning and/or panting during the act it is clearly an additional factor to the excitement and I like it in this type of games, and particularly in this game where has been made the effort of enriching its environment with sound effects and animations (even animations in dialogue scenes where other characters are facing you), I think it is a logical step. But it has to be done carefully, because as some said, doing it wrongly can make it off putting and even hilarious in some cases. I think it has to be personalized for each character and be applied some variation depending on the context.

In the end of the day, it is a matter of good sense and good taste, and with this game you are presenting us, I'm sure you hold those qualities. ;)

Reactions: T4bbo
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes