• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020
I downloaded the Game a long time ago and now I see that there is a new Modern AA2 guide-2024 Edition. Is it worth downloading and installing this again?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
SleepW4lker "A long time ago" is too vague to provide you with a definitive answer: a month ago? A year? 3 years? The game went through several iterations, including unofficial ones (AAU), and even some file format changes. Also, could you clarify what the word "worth" is supposed to indicate? More content? Better performance? Modding complexity? What would be the "not worth" side of things? :unsure:

Having said that, it would most likely be a safe bet to start from scratch, especially if you plan on adding custom content like mods and user-created cards. As long as you pay attention to instructions on the tsukiyo page the Modern Guide links to - you should be up and running in no time. In the event of hiccups, though - welcome back. :)

P.S. ignore the Mini version linked in OP of this thread: it was obsoleted by MiniPPX, which is being kept up to date and provided at the aforementioned tsukiyo page.

Reactions: JustAl

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020
SleepW4lker "A long time ago" is too vague to provide you with a definitive answer: a month ago? A year? 3 years? The game went through several iterations, including unofficial ones (AAU), and even some file format changes. Also, could you clarify what the word "worth" is supposed to indicate? More content? Better performance? Modding complexity? What would be the "not worth" side of things? :unsure:

Having said that, it would most likely be a safe bet to start from scratch, especially if you plan on adding custom content like mods and user-created cards. As long as you pay attention to instructions on the tsukiyo page the Modern Guide links to - you should be up and running in no time. In the event of hiccups, though - welcome back. :)

P.S. ignore the Mini version linked in OP of this thread: it was obsoleted by MiniPPX, which is being kept up to date and provided at the aforementioned tsukiyo page.
Sorry for being vague on that. I think I downloaded the 2020 minippx. Because many of the new character cards don't work (clothing or invisible hair errors) I will try to install the new one. I will let you know of any problems, thank you :)

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020

Ohh yes and another question to completely delete the old version of the game, just delete the folder and that's it? no other instance is required. records or folders hidden in Roaming. What could cause incompatibility?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
SleepW4lker If Add/Remove Programs section of your OS does not contain the game - yep, just delete the game folder. Current version is definitely portable and does not install anything; back in 2020 - I cannot say, I started playing the game in 2022 and am unaware of how things worked prior to that.

Small experiment you could try: if you are sure that your old version of the game is the PPX version and feel adventurous, you could try keeping that folder and simply updating as per their instructions. That might actually be enough to get you up and running. Chances are, AAU is going to work just fine. The catch is, if you have any mods attached to that old version - they are extremely likely to be outdated (clothing ones - guaranteed). In other words, if you add no more custom content to the old version - it will probably work, but if you do start adding stuff - probably going to hiccup eventually.

Still, bear in mind that the above is more "try if you feel like it" than anything - at the end of the day, I would go with "start from scratch" either way, since I would be adding user-created character cards for sure.

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
there's a mod that make male char into futa. Does that mod will still work with aa2 mini?
I think the futa starter pack has a readme you should read, if not just do some reverse engineering in a recent futa card and youre done

Khami514

Jun 19, 2017
I think the futa starter pack has a readme you should read, if not just do some reverse engineering in a recent futa card and youre done
this is the mod i was talking about:
its on bottom made by futaboy

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
Now that's a blast from the past. Judging by the file names, these packs look like they're meant to be used with the illusion Wizzard. Alas, at the end of the day they are still just compressed archives, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I tried downloading the assets from the webpage you linked but was unsuccessful (clicking on the files results in a failed file retrieval; has the file host deleted them?), so I can only guess here. But knowing Futaboy, the mod is probably a set of hard model replacements, similar to their Fleshy Dildo mod (which I still have, and have posted about in this thread before). If you're somehow able to retrieve the files, you should be able to deploy them by adding them as part of a sets folder that mimics the original game's relevant file structure.

Even if you manage to get this set up, though, you may want to temper your expectations. Old mods like this are often prone to bugs and demand very strict conditions to work correctly.

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020
SleepW4lker If Add/Remove Programs section of your OS does not contain the game - yep, just delete the game folder. Current version is definitely portable and does not install anything; back in 2020 - I cannot say, I started playing the game in 2022 and am unaware of how things worked prior to that.

Small experiment you could try: if you are sure that your old version of the game is the PPX version and feel adventurous, you could try keeping that folder and simply updating as per their instructions. That might actually be enough to get you up and running. Chances are, AAU is going to work just fine. The catch is, if you have any mods attached to that old version - they are extremely likely to be outdated (clothing ones - guaranteed). In other words, if you add no more custom content to the old version - it will probably work, but if you do start adding stuff - probably going to hiccup eventually.

Still, bear in mind that the above is more "try if you feel like it" than anything - at the end of the day, I would go with "start from scratch" either way, since I would be adding user-created character cards for sure.
Thanks for the help. I decided to install the new version from scratch. but I'm having trouble downloading The Harderlinker file. Because it is in mega and I can't download it, I tried using VNP but the limit still stops my download. Is there any other way to download it through another mediafire server, etc.?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Thanks for the help. I decided to install the new version from scratch. but I'm having trouble downloading The Harderlinker file. Because it is in mega and I can't download it, I tried using VNP but the limit still stops my download. Is there any other way to download it through another mediafire server, etc.?
Rather than trying to download the entire harderlinker folder all at once, you could try doing it in smaller batches as download limits permit

Reactions: Tsugumi

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
why using a mod so old if you have overrides AND A NEW UNCENSOR? thats why most of the builds used by f95 dudes tend to break, just follow the guides, the community made those for a reason you know?

faiz made a mediafire zip with all the textures... iirc he update it last month (or at leats before maker may i think)

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
faiz made a mediafire zip with all the textures... iirc he update it last month (or at leats before maker may i think)
Would you happen to know where this Faiz person "made/updated" their pack? "It exists" is of little help without knowing who/what/where it is.

Reactions: JustAl

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
Would you happen to know where this Faiz person "made/updated" their pack? "It exists" is of little help without knowing who/what/where it is.
srry sometimes i kinda take for granted some of you check the 4ch thread or at least the google doc made by stupid hair.....

Reactions: JustAl and Tsugumi

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Zadke Thanks a bunch.

Completely unrelated and a separate topic: is there a way to deal with the following problem?

What I have is as a teacher, and a male student as PC with several modules and a few vanilla tweaks (e.g., different personality). When the teacher gets enough love points with PC, one of her lines reads "I love you. Does that not make you happy?". Here is the issue: regardless of which answer I pick (yes/no) the low-poly models play rejection animation (pushing away with their hand) and her JP dialogue goes along the lines of "your problem if you regret this later" (even though the text reads "....I am glad", so the subs for this are clearly borked); in other words, as far as the LLDH points are concerned the result is always a negative.

Is there any way to fix this problem, or at least pinpoint the source? For example: is it a game mechanics thing (e.g., "no teacher/student relationship" or "no lovers because high virtue and no date yet") or one of the cards is broken? If the latter - what IS broken, exactly? I am going to try pairing her with a 100% vanilla card, but if the issue reoccurs - where can I go from there? Aside from the "suck it up" and "delete the card" last resorts, naturally. Assuming my knowledge of modding AA2 is non-existent.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Zadke Thanks a bunch.

Completely unrelated and a separate topic: is there a way to deal with the following problem?

What I have is as a teacher, and a male student as PC with several modules and a few vanilla tweaks (e.g., different personality). When the teacher gets enough love points with PC, one of her lines reads "I love you. Does that not make you happy?". Here is the issue: regardless of which answer I pick (yes/no) the low-poly models play rejection animation (pushing away with their hand) and her JP dialogue goes along the lines of "your problem if you regret this later" (even though the text reads "....I am glad", so the subs for this are clearly borked); in other words, as far as the LLDH points are concerned the result is always a negative.

Is there any way to fix this problem, or at least pinpoint the source? For example: is it a game mechanics thing (e.g., "no teacher/student relationship" or "no lovers because high virtue and no date yet") or one of the cards is broken? If the latter - what IS broken, exactly? I am going to try pairing her with a 100% vanilla card, but if the issue reoccurs - where can I go from there? Aside from the "suck it up" and "delete the card" last resorts, naturally. Assuming my knowledge of modding AA2 is non-existent.
I've seen that dialogue before with the Empress personality. If I remember correctly, they ask you that when they're asking if you want to be a couple, and the "...I am glad" response is supposed to be when you reject them. I can test with one in my game and see if that interaction works correctly

Monosomething

May 24, 2019

Sounds like its the Empress personality. This one is fucked in terms of responses. As for this specific one ("I love you. Does that not make you happy?") is simply her asking to be lovers. Gotta spend some time to "read past" what is actually said with those new personalities to know them. Ive placed a bunch of new personalities and i have NO idea what theyre talking about most of the time.

Im afraid there are no fixes to these. Ive looked for something as simple as subs, but found none of the HEXA batch (that has a few without overworld subs). So yeah... "suck it up" sounds about right...

EDIT: Grim beat me to it lol

Grim

Aug 17, 2016

So I tested with in my game, and for the no response to that question I got the "... I'm glad" with the pushing animation, but for the yes response where I agreed to be a couple I did not get that animation. The dialogue was also different. The way I interpret the "... I'm glad" is it's basically them try to act like your rejection doesn't bother them

Reactions: JustAl and Tsugumi
4.50 star(s) 17 Votes