Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Face the truth guys....this game is abandoned but the fun fact is it can't be abandoned bcz it's been never released.....lol View attachment 1043316 sad truth is, we'll never be able to see evelyn in live action .....the dev just fooled us with some juicy high quality renders
Damn, she didn't skip leg day or boob day. :oops: Thicc
And the Karen haircut is the icing on the cake. Too bad it's in eternal development. Well, at least it's nice to look at the occasional render that pops up. Thanks for sharing.

Griswold420

Oct 30, 2020
Damn, she didn't skip leg day or boob day. :oops: Thicc
And the Karen haircut is the icing on the cake. Too bad it's in eternal development. Well, at least it's nice to look at the occasional render that pops up. Thanks for sharing.
At the end of the day, its the nice renders coupled with Dark Neighborhood that just makes this never coming out being so wildly disappointing. Awful bummer

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
At the end of the day, its the nice renders coupled with Dark Neighborhood that just makes this never coming out being so wildly disappointing. Awful bummer
Yep, that's the way it goes sometimes. But there's always a bunch of new games coming out. With the way CG is constantly improving, it's only a matter of time before we see another game with models similar to Apocalust with (hopefully) a dev that is committed to releasing timely updates. Anyone who does that is guaranteed to make a lot more money.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
What makes you think this project is even real? all we have really seen is a few images.
I think it is real based upon that short example video (diner scene?), but IMHO, he slowed or stopped work on it because of his own expectations (maybe also some real life issues and aggravations). He has shown himself to be very self-critical and prone to sensitivity based upon his posts, so the longer he drags out his silence, the worse he feels about it and the project. Snowball effect.

The crazy part is, if he released even a 5-minute intro in December, I'd bet he would have tripled his income instantly (enough to quit his day job probably), but now that ship has sailed. Even if the story sucks ass, the visuals and animations would have been enough to make this very profitable. Some of the highest rated games on the site only release every 5 months or so yet have very supportive fans and the devs rake in a lot of money. It's all about communicating with the audience and keeping promises. You do those two things and you'll be all right.

franzo

Sep 30, 2017
Face the truth guys....this game is abandoned but the fun fact is it can't be abandoned bcz it's been never released.....lol View attachment 1043316 sad truth is, we'll never be able to see evelyn in live action .....the dev just fooled us with some juicy high quality renders
why do you always add an image when posting? feeding the crowd with hope?
is it you psycho?

Arcanw

Jan 26, 2021
Just briefly UPDATE

first post in here is on Jul 24, 2019
last post on patreon is on 29th Nov 2020
recently patreon income fluctuating around $ 1000
Patreon goal defination seems to be revised.. ( not sure -there are 4 goals )
-$ 500 (Reached)
- $ 1000 Hardware and programs upgrading/building a better hardware setup
- $ 2000 Long Term: can then afford to do this in a full time capacity my games, like commissioning animators for
scenes, hiring someone for original music for new Chapters and possibly getting a permanent coder to get over those
scripting/design humps
- $ 3000 Dedicated animation rig

No game but only photos.

Ps: Just interesting case in the forum therefore just checking time to time.
Forget about the trailer, pal. We should have gotten a demo, a trailer, but we got nothing.

I took a look at his discord.
1. " Game-previews " tab hasn't been updated since 16.11.19.
2. "announcements " tab hasn't been updated since 28.02.2020.
3. "News " tab ? Inexistent. News are probably not important....
4. Only " general tab " is active and I didn't see any relevant info there. Just guys sharing memes and having a blast. :)

Still, the only interesting thing I noticed is that almost all his defenders that I saw in this thread are also there. This explains a lot of things, like the subjectivity on some comments or the bad reactions objective people get by showing their dissatisfaction. Anyway, who I am to complain ? I'm no patreon. Nothing will change.

Reactions: uhhhok

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
- $ 2000 Long Term: can then afford to do this in a full time capacity my games, like commissioning animators for
scenes, hiring someone for original music for new Chapters and possibly getting a permanent coder to get over those
:unsure: Hmm, commissioning animators. The problem with committing to animating every little thing in a visual novel is, you can't really go back once you've started that trend in chapter 1. It's a Pandora's box. But, since the game hasn't been released, there's still time to scale back those nice looking but labour intensive and gig hungry, non-lewd animations.

I like Philly Game's method. Lewd scenes are animated obviously, but then he occasionally sprinkles in some non-lewd animations. The key word being...occasionally. I think he's found the perfect balance for AVNs, and I believe that method would work very well in a game like Apocalust.

hazzi

Oct 10, 2017
Imagine the release follows up Scamdrop example and we get some sort of musical shit for the first release. LMAO. Man, I would lose 10 kg just by laughing that day.
im looking forward to that release just for the memes. that thread will be amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: Kakato

madrid3423

Nov 21, 2017
Seems like the dev is not active anywhere recently. I think it's time to accept that it might not ever get released, which is a shame because this seemed like something that might replace the Milky city void.

Status
Not open for further replies.