VN Others Completed Angel Beats! -1st Beat- [v1.0] [Key]

Feb 3, 2020
Normally they games have lot of end but here no "multiple end" tag, how many end this game have?
Personally, I view minor differences as unique ending. But there is atleast 3 main character ends, 1 side character(variant of normal end), normal end and like a few bad ends

Feb 3, 2020
Ah, one of those cheap-ass tear-milking factories disguised as games and anime?
Ew no.
I played this VN before, @ ♍VoidTraveler . Excluding bias for Angel Beats, the VN has more "choices" and diverging path than a usual VN. As a nostalgic fan, I recommend you to give it a try, maybe you might enjoy it even if you don't cry or feel the feels

What I mean:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: septacycell
Feb 3, 2020
So does anyone knows what happened with this VN? I remember getting excited when it came out god knows how many years ago and KEY themselves said that this game would expand the universe of the anime, since they had to cut corners because of the 12 episodes limitation, but after this was released nothing happened, no 2nd beat nor nothing.
Did this game did so poorly that they scraped the whole project?
The sales itself isn't that poor but i think it's lower than what they expect. Then Maeda actually got heart problem some years ago and had a surgery etc and in the end the whole project is in limbo. The only way to get the "full" story of Angel Beats are right now only from the manga. Though, if English release managed to sell really well then they might consider continuing it...maybe? Yeah, first sekai project need to move their ass lol
I still foolishly hoping for 2nd - 6th beat.

I don't think that was any accurate evidence about the sale, but personally, I feel they atleast made a profit considering how popular Angel beats, its predecessor and the quality of the VN is.

I know it is damm hard to make a sequel to a multiple ending VN so maybe that is one of the reason for the lack of 2nd beat. Like how does the sequel align with first beat if example, players played as an asshole and char X died?

This is indirect to Angel beats first beat, but angel beats is so well liked that Key is still monetizing Angel beats till this day. I have seen so many NSFW merch of kanade, yet they never sell stuff like a new figurine of all the cast, just more sexualized kanade...

The cast of angel beats are also appearing in Key's chibi anime S2, which got released recently. (Atleast this year)

For some reason they don't want to sell an English release or even a Japanese release on steam. While other older and newer projects gets english releases and are released on steam.

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
You can, and having only done her route, they did her dirty. But I guess you shouldn't expect anything from Key, just know that happy endings don't exist with Key Novels. Seriously though they have off screen sex and she becomes ghost pregnant, what the fuck did I just play.
Of course they exist. I played the VN Clannad and I played every single route and all of them were happy ends.

TheBlindSteve

May 14, 2017
Of course they exist. I played the VN Clannad and I played every single route and all of them were happy ends.
Ah, so you've never played the fandisc. Also doesn't the Protagonist, Tomoya end up dead in like every route, haven't played Clannad in like 10 years.

Neriathis

Feb 2, 2022
hen tie game translation? elon took over twitter? 2022? wake up son, it's 2010. It's time for more angel beats!

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
Well I hope the ending is better than in the anime, or at least better delivered.

It was emotional sure, for 5 seconds until you realize "wait that doesn't make any sense". :HideThePain:

Feb 3, 2020
Well I hope the ending is better than in the anime, or at least better delivered.

It was emotional sure, for 5 seconds until you realize "wait that doesn't make any sense". :HideThePain:
The VN ends after the anime's yui arc and before the shadow appearing arc so the VN doesn't have the anime ending yet or anything similar. It has a yui, matsushita the fifth and iwasawa arc ending plus some minor or bad endings, but none that reached to the point of the anime ending. (if you get what I mean)

Last edited:

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Well this is a good release. I won't play this because like a lot of people here I've already watched the anime and I think it was the first one that made me cry.
Really really good stuff.
Even if the anime series is original if I remember correctly the manga started first a year before or two... maybe it was the prequel of the animated series, i don't remember much because it was more than 12 years ago.
For who don't know what Angel Beats is I recommend it for at least one go. Is a unique experience.... at least it was for me and i don't regret it one bit.

Feb 3, 2020
Well this is a good release. I won't play this because like a lot of people here I've already watched the anime and I think it was the first one that made me cry.
Really really good stuff.
Even if the anime series is original if I remember correctly the manga started first a year before or two... maybe it was the prequel of the animated series, i don't remember much because it was more than 12 years ago.
For who don't know what Angel Beats is I recommend it for at least one go. Is a unique experience.... at least it was for me and i don't regret it one bit.
TBF there are new content in the VN compared to the anime, plus the matsushita the fifth and iwasawa's arcs and endings did not appear in the anime.

However, the VN ends after the anime's Yui arc so the VN does not have the content that was shown in the anime(Basically shadow appearing arc to the final ending)

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
Ah, so you've never played the fandisc. Also doesn't the Protagonist, Tomoya end up dead in like every route, haven't played Clannad in like 10 years.
Fandisc for Clannad? Never heard of that one. Clannad the main game pretty much concludes every characters story + the main story and the true end.
About Tomoya, no he doesnt. I think you might be confusing this with some other game?