VN Others Completed Angel Beats! -1st Beat- [v1.0] [Key]

DatGuy88

Apr 30, 2018
While I've heard good things about the VN, sadly it's only part 1 of what was supposed to be a multi-part VN. And it sounds like it's unlikely we'll get any more given it's been years with no news at all :(

Reactions: Mack_Kane

YabenoHkmr

Jun 6, 2018
So does anyone knows what happened with this VN? I remember getting excited when it came out god knows how many years ago and KEY themselves said that this game would expand the universe of the anime, since they had to cut corners because of the 12 episodes limitation, but after this was released nothing happened, no 2nd beat nor nothing.
Did this game did so poorly that they scraped the whole project?
The sales itself isn't that poor but i think it's lower than what they expect. Then Maeda actually got heart problem some years ago and had a surgery etc and in the end the whole project is in limbo. The only way to get the "full" story of Angel Beats are right now only from the manga. Though, if English release managed to sell really well then they might consider continuing it...maybe? Yeah, first sekai project need to move their ass lol

Mack_Kane

May 28, 2022
While I've heard good things about the VN, sadly it's only part 1 of what was supposed to be a multi-part VN. And it sounds like it's unlikely we'll get any more given it's been years with no news at all :(
There is only a part 1 to life my man, and....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mack_Kane

May 28, 2022
To all of you that stopped by and took the time to leave a comment or a like, whether it be positive or not, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to make a response! This community rocks!

Mack_Kane

May 28, 2022
did anyone know how to play it on Android?
I wish I could answer this for you now, however I just uploaded it a few hours ago but, I will be looking into making this available to a wider audience in the future by exploring cross-platform possibilities. If anyone already knows/has the solution, by all means post it here.

Reactions: Trecore

Weatherholt

Jul 18, 2017
RIP Angel Beats.
We'll never get part 2 or 3

It already took like 4 years to even get part 1 translated because they just didn't want to do it.

arkhemis

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2019
My feeling of sorrow still lingering after watch this anime years ago... The story is hurt so much plus best girl never win because of loli monopoly and this game not better than the anime with that "fantasy n offscreen seqz" everywhere... Also This one kinda like kinetic novel n just 1 part of the game no continuity, so yeah... :cry:

Nope...

Yotsuyu

Nov 2, 2017
It closely follows the Anime....
Hopefully not too closely. The anime started off great but, devolved into a train wreck towards the end. Super rushed hacked together, skipping all sorts of buildup to just get it over with. I remember being rather disgusted at the time as that was far from the level of quality I expected from Key.

Well, ackshully...

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
For anybody wondering there are 3 "main" routes: Iwasawa route, Yui route (you have seen it in anime) and Matsushida route (judo guy). You can only romance Iwasawa, other girls weren't developed. Though you can make Otonashi go simp after Yuri, or go gay after Hinata or even have freaking square with him, Yuri, Hinata and Kaede for giggles. Also if you will be friendly with Noda and gay with Hinata then the first one will become jealous of you

Last edited:
Reactions: septacycell

SakuraKoi

Oct 22, 2020
I understand where these people come from but you could argue that any other visual novel/game/book does something to this extent.
The irony is that Key is the most obnoxious, where you have to suspend your disbelief by far the most and yet the most popular.

The term 'Nakige' which they supposedly coined is actually just drama done badly, in terms of normal writing. It is rather genius considering that it's so manipulative that many get overwhelmed by the vast increase in pace that they have no time to think about all the bulldung that happens (since one bad thing happens after another) and forces the drama.

Usually good writing would have few premises, few coincidences and even fewer unlikely coincidences while letting drama happen naturally, not supernaturally. Key sure loves its supernatural shenanigans and countless odds stacked against the cuties.

It's similar to the Grisaia Series actually: Good SoL/Comedy and terrible Action/Drama writing where the route which is one large flashback with an utterly forced survival situation is considered the best by the majority.

Reactions: VVVrextt4343