VN Ren'Py Onhold Andromeda [v0.5 Part 2] [Triangulum Games]

LegacyUser

Author
Sep 11, 2018
Congrats on the desire to make a game. Tried 4.5 and the dev is getting better with renders towards the latest update but the story. Man. Visual 'Novel'. Requires a degree of storytelling and this is ugh. I hope you spend the time and rework the entire intro cuz it is just not good. Admiral in apartment, Vice Admiral swings by and knocks on the door, driving to dullas on the wrong side of the road. Face Palm.

I do wish you good luck though and hope you can turn this ship around. The space stuff wasn't bad and the animations are better than most early dev tries. You can do it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I think a good source material for the dev to see how to write some more believable military sci-fi setting would be the Lost fleet from Jack Campbell
My go to would be The Forever War by Joe Haldeman.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Found an issue while playing....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Scripts/Chapter4p2.rpy", line 515, in script
    jump sex1_nonvirgin
ScriptError: could not find label 'sex1_nonvirgin'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Scripts/Chapter4p2.rpy", line 515, in script
    jump sex1_nonvirgin
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'sex1_nonvirgin'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
Andromeda 0.4.5
Fri Jul 29 21:25:25 2022
[/CODE]

Last edited:

Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
Are there any good Mililtary Sci-fi games here? All the ones I can think of think the "Military" bit means "They've got guns lolol" and stop here, like Oppai Odyssey where you sell out the location of Earth for a footjob... At least with Melatonin Magiks the comedy is intentional.
The only ones that come to mind and might be something you're looking for are:
Callisto
Terminus Reach: Sentinel 1 & 2
Savior
(All are Sci-fi and sorted from most to least in what I could call Military.)

Reactions: Vollezar

DJenser

May 8, 2018
Hope this one turns out better than that other Andromeda game...
View attachment 1788590
As a person with Asperger's, and a parent of a child on the spectrum, I am highly insulted...

...By that game... I mean SERIOUSLY!!! The idea that people would consider that steaming turd a part of the franchise just because Bioware slapped a "Mass Effect" label on it is nothing less than a blatant "fuck you" to their fan base.

Oh, and that poor girl wasn't autistic, she just had strabismus. At least she didn't have ricketts like her crewmates. You'd think, by that time, they would know about the importance of vitamin C during long voyages...

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
Actually, Andromeda is a pretty good game, if you show a little imagination. Just think, you arrive in a new, uncharted galaxy and your dad dies in the first couple hours of the game, leaving you alone with your sister, who is lying in a coma. I always imagined that we went to this new galaxy hoping that there we could love each other and raise a child without fear of being persecuted for our pure and innocent sibling love. I loved visiting her in the medical ward and imagined having sex with her.
If only there wasn't so much racism, xenophobia and intolerance.
I agree, it was still a fun experience. I was not impressed by how unpolished it was at release, but that didn't trigger me like it it did some. In fact I played thru it as many times as the other ME games if not even more. Doesn't have to be perfect to play it anyway. Maybe it helped growing up with Atari.
It amazes how some people will try to convince you that their opinion is a fact that others must abide.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Triangulum Games - the remasters are much much better. Will definitely have to replay once 0.5 is out.

IMO (a suggestion) you should introduce Andromeda as the AI for the ship. Had me going for a while at the beginning, wondering who is this Asian chick. Do we get to bang her btw...she looks good.:whistle:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Andromeda 0.5 Release

Hello everyone, this first part of 0.5 is finally out. I don't really have much to say this time. This update, as previously mentioned, is focused on filling out the background of the main cast. With this update, and part 2 in hopefully just a few months, we will soon be leaving Terran Space and start running into the wide open unknown. When that happens we will of course start running into aliens more often, and get some of the usual Sci-Fi shenanigans.

No Android release provided by me this time, I am having some issues with Ren'pys built in tool for building the Android apk file.
Changelog:
  • 127 images
  • 4 animations
  • 930 lines of Code (dialogue, etc.)
PC/Linux: -
Mac: -

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Andromeda [v0.5.0] [Triangulum Games]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Andromeda-0.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
is the bi/lesbian relationship going to be avoidable seeing as Alma is already being set up to chase Ayaka

Reactions: Sayajin2205