Tool Ren'Py Alternative/ Second save location for RenPy 7.7.1 / 8.2.1 SDK in Android Ports

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Small update, You can use these bare file packs over your existing "ready to go" install
If you've customised the files - you will need to make the changes in these too.

Will import config.version every time you run "Configure" from Android tab in RenPy SDK
Allow letters/names/numbers in version
Removed the horrible "seconds since 01/01/1970" versionCode from name

RenPy 8.2.0 Bare files pack with configuration naming fix + open version name format

RenPy 7.7.0 Bare files pack with configuration naming fix + open version name format

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey Wills. first of all, hope you have a good day/good night.

Secondly, will you have the renpy 7.4.11 sdk with the modified saves location please?
I don't have a complete 7.4.11 with Alternative Saves built in but here's the zip with bare files for 7.4.10 and 7.4.11.

TbH if you can use the 7.5.0.242n. it's compatible with 7.4 unlike the latter 7.5 builds and contains serval fixes for Android.

Ille.

Sep 12, 2022
I don't have a complete 7.4.11 with Alternative Saves built in but here's the zip with bare files for 7.4.10 and 7.4.11.

TbH if you can use the 7.5.0.242n. it's compatible with 7.4 unlike the latter 7.5 builds and contains serval fixes for Android.
I will try, because I tried to port VN 7.4 on renpy 7.6 and some of them didn't work correctly, I will try with 7.5.0.242n. Thanks for your time!

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
Is there any way to skip step that checking file when try to build APK?
I try to use your alternative compressor to create .RPA to reduce build big file size apk
But with game "Jury" it's alway show missing image when building APK (the image is include in RPA)

Sorry don't have error code to show but it say like missing file ***.png

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Is there any way to skip step that checking file when try to build APK?
I try to use your alternative compressor to create .RPA to reduce build big file size apk
But with game "Jury" it's alway show missing image when building APK (the image is include in RPA)

Sorry don't have error code to show but it say like missing file ***.png
I've never had a problem when building, even if the RPA is not in game folder, never had a file check
Perhaps look in options.rpy or even though the whole script and see if that file is called for something other than a scene.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I have a somehow weird behaviour with later RenPy versions and my Android ports (8.1 and up, the ones with the added sync feature):

I add in most of my ports a button to be able to delete the save (like using the "del" key on PC). That does seem to work in the game. But when you close and start it again these deleted saves are suddenly back. I checked that in my second save location. These saves are deleted as intendet first. But as said "magically" recovered when restarting the game. I therefore think they are somehow not deleted in the games main save folder and restored back into my second save location when starting the game - but that's only an assumtion from me.

Not sure it's my Mod addition, but for me that looks more like a Renpy bug. Someone else had that issue, too?

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
I have a somehow weird behaviour with later RenPy versions and my Android ports (8.1 and up, the ones with the added sync feature):

I add in most of my ports a button to be able to delete the save (like using the "del" key on PC). That does seem to work in the game. But when you close and start it again these deleted saves are suddenly back. I checked that in my second save location. These saves are deleted as intendet first. But as said "magically" recovered when restarting the game. I therefore think they are somehow not deleted in the games main save folder and restored back into my second save location when starting the game - but that's only an assumtion from me.

Not sure it's my Mod addition, but for me that looks more like a Renpy bug. Someone else had that issue, too?
I don't have any issues using 8.2.1 but i also remove sync since i don't find any utility using that, but i can test it later

Reactions: KoGa3

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018

The magic is that the file gets written back from the android/data/game.name/saves folder on the next start.
It's been bugging me for a while but not excessively. Aside from occasional Google backups the old android/data location serves no purpose.

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The magic is that the file gets written back from the android/data/game.name/saves folder on the next start.
It's been bugging me for a while but not excessively. Aside from occasional Google backups the old android/data location serves no purpose.
Thanks, I somehow assumed it's the games own save location causing that. Maybe they changed something in the later versions (with adding the "sync" feature) since I'm pretty sure it was working until 8.03. Anyway, I better deactivate the delete button again in my newer ports to not confuse the players.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks, I somehow assumed it's the games own save location causing that. Maybe they changed something in the later versions (with adding the "sync" feature) since I'm pretty sure it was working until 8.03. Anyway, I better deactivate the delete button again in my newer ports to not confuse the players.
Nah, just tell them they're holding their finger wrong!
It is one of the things on my list for when I have time

• Haha
Reactions: doujin1 and KoGa3

Dark563

Aug 18, 2020
Hello, sorry, how can I have the fe renpy versions 7.4.11, 7.5.3 and 8.0.3, I have the originals in case you need them.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello, sorry, how can I have the fe renpy versions 7.4.11, 7.5.3 and 8.0.3, I have the originals in case you need them.
Bare files pack for 7.4.9 - 7.4.11
Ready to go 7.5.3
Ready to go 8.0.3

Reactions: Dark563

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Hello Wills747 thanks for making wonderful versions.
I wanted to ask is there a way to remove sync folder and security keys.
I'm using 8.2.1-sdk version.

If you guys know guide me please....

Edit : found it because of the latest Ren'Py version

Last edited:

Arthas Menethil

Apr 7, 2019
Wills747
I have a question regarding the version of renpy to use to compile the game apk.
I was building with renpy 7.70, the android port for "cabin the lake that is made in version 7.46
When I build it, I install it on my cell phone with Android 12, it doesn't run, it quits.
What will it be?

• Haha
Reactions: estrada777