Tool Ren'Py Alternative/ Second save location for RenPy 7.7.1 / 8.2.1 SDK in Android Ports

Somnis

Sep 5, 2019
LewdCid_ I've created the exact same thing from my build and it seems ok
Out of curiosity is it possible to designate something like that on an SD card? Looking at setting RPAs onto the sd card cause the internal memory is way lower

iamnamedCid

Apr 17, 2023
Ok, just tested it and I can't even find log.txt
Not sure what but you've done something wrong there.
LewdCid_ I've created the exact same thing from my build and it seems ok
I found the issue now, did not properly change the directory names in all modified scripts and just did to 2 rpy files... :FacePalm:
now it works great.
Thanks though!

Reactions: Wills747

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Out of curiosity is it possible to designate something like that on an SD card? Looking at setting RPAs onto the sd card cause the internal memory is way lower
You need to set the default storage to SD card, reboot then install the game.
It has to be a good quality card or it will slow the game down.

Reactions: Somnis

Somnis

Sep 5, 2019
You need to set the default storage to SD card, reboot then install the game.
It has to be a good quality card or it will slow the game down.
Thanks! it's not as fast as the default memory but it's four times the capacity lol and won't slow down the device if it starts getting filled up.

mg219

Jan 24, 2019
estrada777 Wills747 I got some questions:

1. Can your port mod file be used in any game, or does it need to be edited. (The one that gives transparency/text slider, QM and mods)

2. While porting a game and then it's subsequent updates, how to ensure that the updates, update the already installed apk

3. Is it possible to edit an existing apk (with an apk editor) to have a second persistent save.

Last edited:

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
estrada777 Wills747 I got two questions:

1. Can your port mod file be used in any game, or does it need to be edited. (The one that gives transparency/text slider, QM and mods)

2. While porting a game and then it's subsequent updates, how to ensure that the updates, update the already installed apk
1. This doesn't add any modification to gameplay or UI, this creates a persistent saves location, easily accessible and won't get deleted if the game is uninstalled.
Mods or UI changes may be added to the game directory in the saves folder.

2. Your APK signed with the same key and same package name as the existing APK for an in place update, otherwise users need to manually move saves to a safe place, uninstall the original, install the new, run the game then move the saves to the new folder.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
estrada777 Wills747 I got some questions:

3. Is it possible to edit an existing apk (with an apk editor) to have a second persistent save.
Aaaand,
3. No