OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Fun fact: I initially intended to kill of Melissa at the hands of Ronny (First encounter as seen in 0.3) However after seeing what the character looked like when I had finished working on her for 4 hours straight. I simply did not have the heart to do it. So I ended up with a lot more work having to keep her alive (300.000 extra words now.) But by god, she is worth it. And I believe many of you would agree with me on that.

Ever wondered why you never got to hear what Michael and Alison spoke about in 0.3? Well here is a hint. I've never done anything in this game without a good reason. With 0.3.1 you get to learn what they spoke about. And here is your last spoiler. If I'm spoiling you guys. It's because you're worth it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now on to a more serious note. Work is going very well one whole scene done tonight! 8000 words and counting. I am a creature of mood, and when I am in a good mood I work 10x as efficiently as I normally would. Thankfully I have been in a great mood ever since the 16th of last month. When I first released that abomination in tyranobuilder. Which you still liked (The game.) Ever since then I have been showered with praises and some constructive criticism. With a side dish of assumptions by some people.

I don't believe I deserve all the praise. But I do intend to get to that point with my work. I am by default, someone, who strives for perfection in the things he loves. So instead of words, here is some action. From now on all Important renders will be 4K downscaled to 1920x1080 where possible of course. (Within reason.) Some scenes may take 4-8 hours in 4K if they're big/crowded.

In closing, I would like to say that I am really looking forward to you guys trying out 0.3.1 which will be almost perfect in grammar and spellchecking. Like I said before, actions not words. I've invested the money that I get from the wonderful people who have decided to support me (My sexy patrons <3 you wherever you may be.) On grammar check, spell check which I now use to write my entire scenes. Thank you all of you for your continued support and valuable feedback. Ttys no doubt.

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Fun fact: I initially intended to kill of Melissa at the hands of Ronny (First encounter as seen in 0.3) However after seeing what the character looked like when I had finished working on her for 4 hours straight. I simply did not have the heart to do it. So I ended up with a lot more work having to keep her alive (300.000 extra words now.) But by god, she is worth it. And I believe many of you would agree with me on that.

Ever wondered why you never got to hear what Michael and Alison spoke about in 0.3? Well here is a hint. I've never done anything in this game without a good reason. With 0.3.1 you get to learn what they spoke about. And here is your last spoiler. If I'm spoiling you guys. It's because you're worth it.
Now on to a more serious note. Work is going very well one whole scene done tonight! 8000 words and counting. I am a creature of mood, and when I am in a good mood I work 10x as efficiently as I normally would. Thankfully I have been in a great mood ever since the 16th of last month. When I first released that abomination in tyranobuilder. Which you still liked (The game.) Ever since then I have been showered with praises and some constructive criticism. With a side dish of assumptions by some people.

I don't believe I deserve all the praise. But I do intend to get to that point with my work. I am by default, someone, who strives for perfection in the things he loves. So instead of words, here is some action. From now on all Important renders will be 4K downscaled to 1920x1080 where possible of course. (Within reason.) Some scenes may take 4-8 hours in 4K if they're big/crowded.

In closing, I would like to say that I am really looking forward to you guys trying out 0.3.1 which will be almost perfect in grammar and spellchecking. Like I said before, actions not words. I've invested the money that I get from the wonderful people who have decided to support me (My sexy patrons <3 you wherever you may be.) On grammar check, spell check which I now use to write my entire scenes. Thank you all of you for your continued support and valuable feedback. Ttys no doubt.
Never realized how long it took to render one picture sometimes! And thank you for your continued work, we love the game!

EDIT: Someone needs to make you a signature too lol :unsure:

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Never realized how long it took to render one picture sometimes! And thank you for your continued work, we love the game!

EDIT: Someone needs to make you a signature too lol :unsure:
That'd be awesome :) And thanks! Edit: And yes depending on a lot of things. But most importantly hardware, a render at 1920 x 1080 can be anywhere from 5 minutes (empty background for example.) to 10 hours with a room full of characters 5-8 HD characters. Add 2560 x 1440 or 3840 x 2160 time increase. And you are looking at hours/days.

Reactions: ive_got-problems

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
That'd be awesome :) And thanks! Edit: And yes depending on a lot of things. But most importantly hardware, a render at 1920 x 1080 can be anywhere from 5 minutes (empty background for example.) to 10 hours with a room full of characters 5-8 HD characters. Add 2560 x 1440 or 3840 x 2160 time increase. And you are looking at hours/days.
I can't imagine how long that would take on my POS laptop, probably a week lol.

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
How did I miss this? It reminds of of Depraved Awakening. Bit brutal start, but the story is interesting. On my list, one more good release and you are on my supported list.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
How did I miss this? It reminds of of Depraved Awakening. Bit brutal start, but the story is interesting. On my list, one more good release and you are on my supported list.
Well, I guess I'm in luck. I just so happen to have started the actual game with next update. So far it was all warm-up phase. ;)

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Let's try to summon the wonderful @Krull into this thread. Maybe he's in a good pre christmas mood and has the time to make a signature for your so far great VN.
Thanks for Willow by the way lol
You're welcome, buddy. Working my way towards Moria (storywise.) Hey, whatever happened to that other guy @Ignatz Was it? I wonder if he tried the latest update or not... Anyhow if you have unlimited bandwidth and don't care about redownloading. Here is an experimental build. I've started shrinking the games as much as I can without losing quality. As well as making separate folders for audio, chapters etc.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I just downloaded it (told you I would keep an eye out), though I won't be able to get to it before the weekend.

Reactions: OneManVN and Moria

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I just downloaded it (told you I would keep an eye out), though I won't be able to get to it before the weekend.
No worries, I simply wanted to know if you had a chance to try it is all :) As promised, with the new update I did clean up my entire own mess. All fillers were removed. Only one thing that was not removed was at the very start. That's Michaels character builder, it's going nowhere. Hope you like it.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I can't imagine how long that would take on my POS laptop, probably a week lol.
Very likely weeks for some of the scenes I've rendered :D My goal is to get enough support from these lovely Yaaaaaaaaar rum and booty lovers. To build a second PC, which I intend to dedicate to animations! 24/7 it'll run alongside my rendering work. Which means by the time my next update is ready, I would have at least 5-10 animations of 5-16 seconds per scene. Right now I can't do anything animation wise. I would be locked down for 6-72hours which means at least 6-40 renders missed.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
@Moria I can't believe you didn't send any help. Now I'm trapped inside a bathroom with this manipulative succubus.

Ever heard of stuck between a rock and a hard place? Well, forget about that boring crap.

Now you're stuck with a boner in hand between a wall and a soft place. I don't know what you guys will do. Me on the other hand 10/10 times I'll choose the soft place. That wall seems a bit cold and hard.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I've decided to switch to webp for images from now on. However, they will retain as much quality as possible. going with webp 90 quality. As well as PNG build for me, and whoever else doesn't care about file size. Tested webp on one of the builds and file size for the game is at 243mb. That's 1 3rd of the previous build.

PS Never going to lower quality beyond this point. So don't ask me.

Now here is that look you get when you tell her "No way you can take it."

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
I'd say you hit the sweet spot, don't wanna go lower than that. But I'll download whatever the hell you put out as long as the story is good lol. Well...that's a lie, I don't want you to get too crazy just to test it :p.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I'd say you hit the sweet spot, don't wanna go lower than that. But I'll download whatever the hell you put out as long as the story is good lol. Well...that's a lie, I don't want you to get too crazy just to test it :p.
No worries. I'm sure someone else will release a compressed version for those who want it. As for you, I'll make sure to link you to a build that has the game 4 times in the same zipfile. Just to see if you will download it :p

3.50 star(s) 78 Votes