Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Thanks, I feel special :giggle: I usually stick with games with a female protagonist but like I said earlier even when it's a male protagonist I still typically see myself as the girl(s), and since cute pregnant girls are a little weakness of mine, I'm really excited to see where you take this, especially if there will be an optional female POV. That sounds pretty hot and exciting actually!

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Thanks, I feel special :giggle: I usually stick with games with a female protagonist but like I said earlier even when it's a male protagonist I still typically see myself as the girl(s), and since cute pregnant girls are a little weakness of mine, I'm really excited to see where you take this, especially if there will be an optional female POV. That sounds pretty hot and exciting actually!
Glad to hear. I honestly meant what I said about honoring my tiers. I won't name who, but someone here was awesome enough to slap me with a 50bill and I loved it. Now they requested a character in the game since it's a tier privilege. And they will get exactly what they asked for once a month. My point is, if there is something specific and you wish to support me down the road it's always an option. Otherwise feel free to make suggestions and I will do my best to please.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i feel free to make suggestions..pregnant Asian wife material..HAHAHA...j/k..in all seriousness though..i noticed the drop in graphic quality in the switch to ren'py..BUT..the game itself is so much more fluid fast and easy to tinker to your needs(i do not play with music and have text immediate)...i think thats why i prefer ren'py games over all other formats by a huge margin...i have a "say" in how i play..kind of..lol..i'm ok with the "less perfect" graphics though so its no biggie...i did spot something goofy though..when our MC(cop) first appears on the scene..with his hat on..he is a bald man...(or has a shogun topnot..HAHA) yet later in the hospital has a nice full head of hair..i do not know if those little "quirk/errors" matter to you but thought i'd point it out if you are a perfectionist.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
i feel free to make suggestions..pregnant Asian wife material..HAHAHA...j/k..in all seriousness though..i noticed the drop in graphic quality in the switch to ren'py..BUT..the game itself is so much more fluid fast and easy to tinker to your needs(i do not play with music and have text immediate)...i think thats why i prefer ren'py games over all other formats by a huge margin...i have a "say" in how i play..kind of..lol..i'm ok with the "less perfect" graphics though so its no biggie...i did spot something goofy though..when our MC(cop) first appears on the scene..with his hat on..he is a bald man...(or has a shogun topnot..HAHA) yet later in the hospital has a nice full head of hair..i do not know if those little "quirk/errors" matter to you but thought i'd point it out if you are a perfectionist.
Yeah that was thanks to stupid hair not wanting to stay inside the hat lol. So i finally got rid of it entirely. Because of that i even scraped some hospital scenes sadly :(

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Correct! I don't want to bite more than I can chew. But if the support I am getting from you lovely people keeps coming. I may not even need my 2 jobs anymore. If that becomes a reality, I will work 7 out of 7 days a week on the game with a smile from morning to 5 PM man's gotta rest you know. 9-5 is all I will do. I will slap on a script that says ( perv.rpy) and in the said script I will drop a ton of naughty Santa suits (seriously Santa girls are my thing) as in female dressed in the sexy Santa suit, where you get to ummm unwrap your present! So yes, I will aim to please, however as you mentioned to a point. I will never make any MC forced content. That is a hard limit for me. What other people do in life I can't really control (hence why if a story villain does it it's out of my hands) Sub, dom, hell yes, Sign me up! o wait never mind I am the one making it...

Reactions: ThunderRob

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
While I continue to steadily work on the next update as we speak! Here is some background on mentioned characters.

I'll add spoiler simply because some people may wish to only learn these details in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think this is enough for now. If I go on any further I might as well close up shop and write a story here.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Correct! I don't want to bite more than I can chew. But if the support I am getting from you lovely people keeps coming. I may not even need my 2 jobs anymore. If that becomes a reality, I will work 7 out of 7 days a week on the game with a smile from morning to 5 PM man's gotta rest you know. 9-5 is all I will do. I will slap on a script that says ( perv.rpy) and in the said script I will drop a ton of naughty Santa suits (seriously Santa girls are my thing) as in female dressed in the sexy Santa suit, where you get to ummm unwrap your present! So yes, I will aim to please, however as you mentioned to a point. I will never make any MC forced content. That is a hard limit for me. What other people do in life I can't really control (hence why if a story villain does it it's out of my hands) Sub, dom, hell yes, Sign me up! o wait never mind I am the one making it...
There are plenty of games on Patreon where the dev(s) are making enough money that they can work on their game full-time and not worry overmuch about their income. Your Patreon page shows that you already have 4. Not bad for a game that was posted here on Friday, and your rep (stars) is as good as it can get -- and well deserved. Keep being responsive to the community, keep writing great dialogue, and making renders that people want to see and you'll be golden. Literally.

Asides from paying off any critical bills that may be affecting you IRL, your first purchase with your Patreon funding should go towards a better video card (or a second one) so that you don't spend a week on each render (or however long it's been taking you). Which reminds me that few devs make an effort to tell folks what sort of rig they're using to create renders (I see devs posting that they're using a laptop and need better hardware), but almost none of those that have real, serious rendering rigs tell us what sort of hardware they're using. I'm curious as to what it takes. Just curious, as I have no artistic ability at all beyond being able to judge the work of actual artists. If I were to decide to create a game it'd have to be a HTML text-based thing, or find someone else to do the artsy stuff and collaborate with me.

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
There are plenty of games on Patreon where the dev(s) are making enough money that they can work on their game full-time and not worry overmuch about their income. Your Patreon page shows that you already have 4. Not bad for a game that was posted here on Friday, and your rep (stars) is as good as it can get -- and well deserved. Keep being responsive to the community, keep writing great dialogue, and making renders that people want to see and you'll be golden. Literally.

Asides from paying off any critical bills that may be affecting you IRL, your first purchase with your Patreon funding should go towards a better video card (or a second one) so that you don't spend a week on each render (or however long it's been taking you). Which reminds me that few devs make an effort to tell folks what sort of rig they're using to create renders (I see devs posting that they're using a laptop and need better hardware), but almost none of those that have real, serious rendering rigs tell us what sort of hardware they're using. I'm curious as to what it takes. Just curious, as I have no artistic ability at all beyond being able to judge the work of actual artists. If I were to decide to create a game it'd have to be a HTML text-based thing, or find someone else to do the artsy stuff and collaborate with me.
I am honest, perhaps to a flaw. But I would rather be honest with you guys than ebeg for money. If you think my work is worth it, then I thank you for your support. By you, I mean whoever the individual is not you personally of course. My specs are decent now. The first few renders as many of you noticed were rushed, and kinda low quality. They were painful to make both in terms of graphics (what they show) and time. I was using an I7 3770 it took me months not weeks to get everything to the hospital scene done. At which point I caved in. Got a second job as if one wasn't enough... Then slapped a Ryzen 7 1700X a beast compared to my aged I73770. Even on just CPU alone, my render time was cut down by 80%!! But even that wasn't enough. I dug deeper into my already empty pockets and went on to the credit card. Maxed it out with a GTX 1070 Zotac Mini 8GB no less. For a low low price of fucking 600$ My entire 2 weeks pay. 32GB of DDR4 new Mobo power supply, and then of course props, characters, clothing, music licenses, license to breathe etc. They need a license for everything nowadays. So in total, I have spent 2400$ I say go big or go home. I went big/broke and I hope one day it will all pay off. And yes, I am very thankful to those brave souls who took a chance on me. I will not disappoint. At least when it comes to releasing. But I would never say no to a second GPU, like say a 2K series Nvidia (Drools) that's my goal to run two of those. Then ask me again how fast do I render when I also buy a thread ripper. Or next year 7nm CPU 16core.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for sharing your specs. I'm surprised that you're using a GTX 1070 for rendering. I have a GTX 1070 8Gb (like you), but I use mine just to play RPGs (like Fallout 4, Dishonoured 2, etc.), and an i5-8400. Since rendering is almost all GPU, you'd certainly benefit from switching to one of those (pricey) GTX 1080s, and later on a second (and perhaps a third). Once your patrons are providing you with the funds to do so, of course. I would certainly not front that expense out of pocket (IOW, from your day job) were I in your shoes, as you have thus far.

BTW, I paid $423.50 for my GTX 1070 on Amazon a couple of months ago. Most expensive piece of the $2000 gaming rig that I built, even more than what I spent on the 1TB m2 SSD I use as a boot & app-hosting drive. Since little of what I do is CPU intensive, I went for the far cheaper i5. I can always drop in an i7 later on if I need to. Your choices to go Ryzen 7 and 32Gb RAM was wise IMO, given that you need a powerful system for rendering.

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
I live in Canada sadly. So that means get screwed with US pricing. I pay the USD equivalent. I also have an m2 but only 256g as well as SSD & HDD.
And yes indeed. I chose Ryzen for the cores. In Daz and blender/luxrender which I was using before I got the GPU upgrade CPU was a god. And you're welcome. Fun fact, the GPU was on discount 100$ when I bought it LOL. So it would be 770+ with tasty Canadian 15% taxing.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Well, since I only spent money on 16GB of 2666 RAM rather than 32GB, I used my "savings" to splurge on the SSD. I also have an 8TB HDD, but that's for storing videos and other files that don't get used much. The cost difference between a 256GB SSD and a 1TB is pretty much the same as what I would have spent to double the DRAM on the mb.

I checked the price of each item daily on Amazon and tracked the ups and downs over a period of a couple of months, then bought when they hit their lowest points. I just bought a new set of speakers yesterday when their price suddenly dropped by $40 (from $120 to $80). Previously they'd never gone below $100, and they've been at $120 for well over a month without budging. Pays to be patient. heh

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Well, since I only spent money on 16GB of 2666 RAM rather than 32GB, I used my "savings" to splurge on the SSD. I also have an 8TB HDD, but that's for storing videos and other files that don't get used much. The cost difference between a 256GB SSD and a 1TB is pretty much the same as what I would have spent to double the DRAM on the mb.

I checked the price of each item daily on Amazon and tracked the ups and downs over a period of a couple of months, then bought when they hit their lowest points. I just bought a new set of speakers yesterday when their price suddenly dropped by $40 (from $120 to $80). Previously they'd never gone below $100, and they've been at $120 for well over a month without budging. Pays to be patient. heh
It does indeed. But in my case had I been patient I would have paid more days later. Plus I would not be having this conversation with you now. Since I would be back in the stone age rendering...

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
UPDATE: I hope you guys are happy with the following news. Work has already begun on the next scene. We pick up where we left of (Mr obvious here.) MC will have to make a hard choice, with serious consequences, and yet undecided possibility of a bad ending as in you failed, goodbye come back as another person you monster. Thank you all for the input, criticism, love, and support. Sadly I work all week, but I will try to squeeze in a few hours a day and with some luck, I'll have something ready in a few days.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Since I would be back in the stone age rendering...
Out of curiosity again, how long does it take for your rig to render each still pic? And how long does it take for you to sketch each pic (or whatever you do to create the base image)? Since I'm not an artist, and have never used any 3D image software (except for dabbling with AutoCAD several decades ago), I have very little idea of what's involved. I should probably be asking you all of this in private, so as to not clutter your game's thread, but perhaps other people might be interested and benefit from your answers. I hope.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Out of curiosity again, how long does it take for your rig to render each still pic? And how long does it take for you to sketch each pic (or whatever you do to create the base image)? Since I'm not an artist and have never used any 3D image software (except for dabbling with AutoCAD several decades ago), I have very little idea of what's involved. I should probably be asking you all of this in private, so as to not clutter your game's thread, but perhaps other people might be interested and benefit from your answers. I hope.
Well, I don't mean to toot my own horn. But I have spent almost a year nonstop working with Daz like I mean religiously. It used to take normally 3-15 hours to get everything set up how I want it. Nowadays anywhere from 30min - 5 hours. Depending on the pose, scene size assets placements etc. As far as rendering goes, it relies heavily on 3 things. LIGHTING! It's key, hair length and material of it. Fibermesh for example kinda harder to load etc. distance from the character being rendered. Plus I use a lot of realism, as you may have noticed veins etc. Those are basically more work. Boils down to detail, screen size (720P 1920 2K 4K etc. Fastest decent render for me today was 1.5hour. 1920x1080.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
So 0.5-5 hours to "sketch" the pic, then however many hours for the 3D rendering to fill in the "sketch" (mesh). And people bitch/whine about how long it takes for developers to release updates. Never mind however long it takes to think up story arcs and write dialogue. Having done some writing myself (and tons of professional editing), I know it takes a lot longer to do things right than most folks think. And that's assuming you aren't a grammar nazi like I am, who gets OCD when reading bad writing.

Most people have no clue how much work is involved in making a game. Especially for a solo creator. Kudos for doing what you do. And for being so dedicated to wanting to do right by your fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneManVN and Hyped
3.50 star(s) 78 Votes