2.40 star(s) 24 Votes

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
Honestly I find all the people complaining about the "difficulty" and saying the bugs make everything harder to be hilarious. I agree that this game has a couple of bugs (perhaps the prior release was worse since there are marginally less complaints about bugs and moreso difficulty following this new patch) but if you think the bugs are making it HARDER you're just straight up wrong. So long as you can get enough hearts for the GF to send you the maze, you can literally just brute force the game into letting you finish. How? Well after playing the game for 5 minutes I noticed the game doesn't force close your phone when you lose. Yeah there's an animation on the left, but tbh I blame player ignorance when you lose to the timer on the maze, while having the maze or ANYTHING on the phone open, and you somehow just decide to hit the play again button instead of messing around. That happened ONCE to me and I said f- it why not just full send it on the maze and see what happens.

Well I did, and guess who was able to just start up the next round and immediately go to download the image and respond to more texts? You know the answer. It was that easy. You can literally just get to the point where she gives you the maze and just not even worry about the timer. I do not know if the mother's game over screen has the same bug, but that wasn't something I explored since I never failed to her unless I was making abhorrently greedy timing decisions, which was only a few times as I was learning.

I agree with anyone and everyone who says that the game really should have had more on it's initial release if the developer was going to release it. It shouldn't have such major bugs regardless of whether they help or hinder the player. But that being said, any of y'all still complaining about difficulty after the recent update when the mother gives a walking audio cue, followed by a visual light cue, and yet ANOTHER audio cue of her about to open the door, and it doesn't even game over you if you're putting the phone down as it begins to open? And if you get unfairly repeat attacked by the mom you can just get caught by the GF and brute force the maze anyway? Nah. You're buggin. Pun intended. Game's easy.

I was curious if there'd be a reward for getting to the end of the week, but I decided since I got all the images it wasn't worth the effort to check, which is another negative for the game, because as a player I should have incentive to do so.
The hearts for the GF constantly lower when you're not responding to her, and the mother's room entering mechanic has no minimum cap on how many seconds there will be between entry, which means after beating the first maze (gf's hearts go down to 5) if the mother enters the room twice in a row (entirely possible and has happened to me a dozen times), you literally don't have enough time to swipe open the phone before all your hearts drain. The bugginess for unlocking the phone doesn't help either because it makes swiping the phone open even slower which, again, can make the game unbeatable. This absolutely leads to a difficulty increase due to bugs.

I didn't read the rest of your essay because lol

May 30, 2020
If you didn't bother to read what I said then I can't say I understand why you'd bother saying anything to begin with because I only bother to use the english language in order to convey ideas, and if you're choosing to ignore a chunk of that idea in the name of convenience you can't possibly hope to get the whole picture.

And in response to your complaint about the gameplay, I can only assume that you are suffering from something specific to your instance, because while the phone game is poorly designed what with the nodes being so small, it has not once bugged for me. They're just too small. That being said, I still think you are slow, because I have had the mother do exactly what you describe (i.e. back to back checks with no time inbetween), and that never stopped me from answering the text. It's only made me fail on the maze, which as I said in before, doesn't matter since there's a bug that makes it so that you can get game over and still complete the maze and it saves that progress. Although I suppose I shouldn't say "as I said before" because you've made your point that reading isn't your forte.

Edit: And I'd like to add that as I was responding to another comment, I remembered that if you get the easy phone unlock that's shaped like a 7, it is possible to open the phone and reply to the text even when the mother cracks the door since the gameover doesn't occur until partway through the animation of her opening the door.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020
In terms of game-breaking bugs, what I have noticed is that people have wildly different experiences in the very same release.
Since the game has only PC releases (and has presumably mostly Windows users), it leads me to believe that the difference comes from the type of operating systems they are using.

On Windows 10 x64, I literally can not move past the title screen. Moving the mouse results in a CTD error in v0.2.
I believe you that you're suffering from that bug as I have no reason to believe you would be lying, but if that's something you're experiencing I can say with confidence it has nothing to do with Windows 10 x64 because that is what I am running and the only bug I've had is that it lets me complete the maze despite gameover, and then one bug where the game just crashed for no reason. And allow me to reiterate if it wasn't obvious from what I said in the latter part of my post, but none of what I've said or will say is in defense of the developer dropping the game in this state, I'm simply saying that one bug I've had is a crash that happened once which has happened in most indie games at some point and even some Triple A games, and the only other bug I've had helped me beat the game easier.

Reactions: Dr. Lewdwig

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
I believe you that you're suffering from that bug as I have no reason to believe you would be lying, but if that's something you're experiencing I can say with confidence it has nothing to do with Windows 10 x64 because that is what I am running and the only bug I've had is that it lets me complete the maze despite gameover, and then one bug where the game just crashed for no reason. And allow me to reiterate if it wasn't obvious from what I said in the latter part of my post, but none of what I've said or will say is in defense of the developer dropping the game in this state, I'm simply saying that one bug I've had is a crash that happened once which has happened in most indie games at some point and even some Triple A games, and the only other bug I've had helped me beat the game easier.
Thanks for clearing that up. It's not the OS then. That's good information.
It's also nice to know that the game is at least functioning for some others regardless of the gameplay bugs.

When the game crashed for me right at the title screen, I came here to realize it has happened to at least one other person. This is the exact same error I got consistently:

View attachment 2767997
Game immediately crashes as soon as I try to move the mouse to the phone.
Then again, it might be some weird system/hardware specific error.

Birchwood64

Nov 1, 2020
This game looks right up my alley but all this talk of bugs is concerning. I don't want my first impression to be scuffed when there are so many other good H games :confused:

Raikoblast

Aug 10, 2017
Nah trying to do the later mazes is actually fucked, having 2 time constraints on them is killer. The puzzle timer itself is short af for how long some of them are, plus the fact that the step-mom can proc multiple times is mad. The fact the timer reduces before you've even first activated the maze as well sucks ass cos the mom keeps proccing just as I unlock it, so by the time I've unlocked the phone and opened it again I've lost half my time...

Reactions: 010900

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
This game looks right up my alley but all this talk of bugs is concerning. I don't want my first impression to be scuffed when there are so many other good H games :confused:
Don't let the talk of bugs deter you from trying this or any other game you find appealing.
This is a relatively light game with less than 500 MB of storage. People have different experiences. Bugs of different shapes and sizes do exist for sure, but from what I have read not that many people are getting the game-breaking ones. It may work fine for you.

The game's concept is cool. It could become a great game once it's completed and bugs are ironed out.

reilynn

Jan 16, 2018
So does the download thing do anything or the pictures get populated?...all I'm doing is replying to messages and not getting caught.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Jesus this shit is literally impossible. She opens the door 10-15 times in first 60s of play every time, and then the bitch that spontaneously manifests for no apparent reason. The download won't start. Not with my touchscreen, not with my touchpad, not with a mouse connected. And the maze is impossible. EVERY time I start it, mom shows up 2s later.

FSDL

Nov 29, 2016
I have an error pop-up windown open when I start version v0.3 of the game. The text in the window says

"Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.
"

I'm running the game in windows 10

I hope this helps.

MayorD

Mar 2, 2023
Cant you just make a button to open and close the phone?
I hover accidentally over the phone again when i want to close it and the mom gets me.

Gaias

Aug 22, 2016
I've had the thief and mom activate at the same time more than once which is kinda fucked.

2.40 star(s) 24 Votes