Unreal Engine Abandoned Aiee Story [v0.0.6] [BoredMan]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Just a suggestion....
A lot of people see the "No Sexual Content" tag and just hit "ignore" without even reading any further.
I am usually one of those people, but for some weird reason, I happened to scroll down a bit and see the first few lines in the description and found out it has "strong sexual content." I would ASSUME that means it doesn't have it yet, but you have plans to add the sexual content later. But, the approach of tagging it no sexual content until that content is added can actually run people off. Seems to me like you wouldn't use the no sexual content tag and just add future planned tags in the below notes.
Again...just my 2 cents. Take it as a grain of salt. lol

BoredMan

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2017
Just a suggestion....
A lot of people see the "No Sexual Content" tag and just hit "ignore" without even reading any further.
I am usually one of those people, but for some weird reason, I happened to scroll down a bit and see the first few lines in the description and found out it has "strong sexual content." I would ASSUME that means it doesn't have it yet, but you have plans to add the sexual content later. But, the approach of tagging it no sexual content until that content is added can actually run people off. Seems to me like you wouldn't use the no sexual content tag and just add future planned tags in the below notes.
Again...just my 2 cents. Take it as a grain of salt. lol
That's a good point, if you addressing me - i don't even have control over this thread, and looking into rules it doesn't seems like it can be transferred =\

Emoon

May 4, 2017
That's a pretty old description, i was inexperienced and naive. Despite building systems as much procedural and configurable as possible this stuff is already so complex in its core that's usual concept of modding is not really applicable. And UE don't have any native modding framework, there is workarounds, but it is pointless at this stage, while not all the systems is done and overall structure is not set in stone.
But I'm still really like concept of community involved in creations process, so I'm willing to share sources like textures, models and rigs to those who wants to add something, but it will require for me to include and setup it into a game manually at this point.
There is which is quite good and easy enough for modders to use BUT i don't know how there stance is on more explicit type of games. But if you want to look into it give it a go.

Reactions: BoredMan

BoredMan

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2017
There is which is quite good and easy enough for modders to use BUT i don't know how there stance is on more explicit type of games. But if you want to look into it give it a go.
Thanks, that's definitely interesting, i will take a look.

Reactions: Emoon and F1_V10

BoredMan

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2017
Sadly, this is just a mod delivery framework. It doesn't solve internal UE limitations, which is the main problem.

Reactions: Emoon

Emoon

May 4, 2017
Sadly, this is just a mod delivery framework. It doesn't solve internal UE limitations, which is the main problem.
That's unfortunate. Mind going a bit deeper in what limitations you're facing? Mayer there's something that can be done. If you don't want to dive into tech talk here in the thread fell free to shoot me a PM. :)

Reactions: BoredMan

BoredMan

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2017
That's unfortunate. Mind going a bit deeper in what limitations you're facing? Mayer there's something that can be done. If you don't want to dive into tech talk here in the thread fell free to shoot me a PM. :)
Spent some time researching. My primary concerns was about animations, seems like it actually can be done, but there is a lot of uncertainties like asset registry, soft and hard references, async loading, and such. That's a lot of work and tests to be done, and that is something i don't have time for at this stage. Definitely will look into it when there is an actual solid base to fiddle with.

Reactions: MrMelenas and Emoon
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes