Agents of L.O.K.I. Active Development

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
Seems interesting. On the subject of the characters would you be focusing more on have as much content on a small number of the females and getting as many scenes for them first before starting on adding more girls? I do remember that for a time over at SU there were a few mutterings some time back when they were adding new heroes with each updates but the early girls were left untouched for a while.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Seems interesting. On the subject of the characters would you be focusing more on have as much content on a small number of the females and getting as many scenes for them first before starting on adding more girls? I do remember that for a time over at SU there were a few mutterings some time back when they were adding new heroes with each updates but the early girls were left untouched for a while.
So the current running idea is that we won't upload a new version until the current girl has her base content 100% completed. What this means is that the girl has all of her Strip Club, Brothel and Dungeon content done. Once that's finished we'll put it up as a downloadable and then have the community vote (either here or somewhere else, but most likely here) on who the next girl should be.

Depending on the feedback we get from that first version will determine whether combat will be feasible or not. What this will change is the total number of girls you can Capture for that triplet of content, 20 (non-combat) or 28 (combat). Once we hit that number we'll be moving onto the next form of content, whether it be heists, female villain content, special events, summonables, R63's, using their powers for specific sexy scenes, etc etc will also be voted on by the community, then the process will repeat.

We also have multiple ideas for post game content we can do to build more into this game for more fun and more content, alongside some ideas for similar style games for different franchises. But those are all not anything we're focusing or fleshing out right now because this one isn't even finished yet.

This could be very interesting, since I suppose Marvel is a lot more popular in comparison to DC. The UI look great, can't wait to see how this will develop!
Why is something more interesting to u simply because one franchise is more popular than the other

Doesn't make sense
Mainly I think it's just the different area's of media. That is, DC generally tends to make better cartoons and live action series', while Marvel generally tends to make better movies. But honestly both are good and bad at different areas and are typically pretty popular either way, so idk.

On another note, I'll be making that recruitment post in a few minutes so here's hoping someone is interested!

Symph-E34

Apr 27, 2021
Hello you degenerates, I'm Symph the current programmer. It's cool to meet yall so if you have any questions feel free to ask, just know, I know fuck all about marvel even though I'd like to know more. But I'm here for any questions I have the ability to answer

Sep 21, 2020
Hey, I’ve got a couple of question for you guys.

So, in Something Unlimited you use money to build and upgrade your mind control devices. From what I’ve read in Unknown’s older posts, Loki will be using the scepter with the mind stone to control the heroes, which will run off of “scepter power”. Mechanically speaking, how will this function in game and, assuming there’s no combat items, what will we use money for?

Also, what location are you planning to use for Loki’s “dungeon”? Will it also be in the Bar with No Name, or do you have another location in mind (like Stark Tower or a defunct SHELD Helicarrier)?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Hey, I’ve got a couple of question for you guys.

So, in Something Unlimited you use money to build and upgrade your mind control devices. From what I’ve read in Unknown’s older posts, Loki will be using the scepter with the mind stone to control the heroes, which will run off of “scepter power”. Mechanically speaking, how will this function in game and, assuming there’s no combat items, what will we use money for?

Also, what location are you planning to use for Loki’s “dungeon”? Will it also be in the Bar with No Name, or do you have another location in mind (like Stark Tower or a defunct SHELD Helicarrier)?
So in the casing of the Sceptor Power and mind control, you'll be spending Sceptor Power to upgrade the Mind Control levels on different heroines, alongside some other content we've been considering but won't put out there yet since it's not solid yet. After all, both game wise and just context wise, it'd be pretty bad if Loki went out on the streets and one of the heroines he mind controlled just tossed themselves on him and started calling him master and all that.

Think of it as he learned his lesson due to the MCU events, and he's also decided to be more subtle as it'd be much more satisfying. And it'll be even more satisfying when they willingly decide to work with him too (thus dungeon content), if he can convince heroines to become his willing allies without the sceptor at all as well, then even better!

Money will be used to hire villains and send them on jobs (thefts, heists, captures, etc) alongside upgrading building and the like. When you set up a capture for example, you decide the target, what villain to send, a consumable if you want to use one, and it'll give you a total in Money and Sceptor Power (money for the villain to use on resources to capture the heroine, Sceptor Power for Loki to use to mind control them once they're captured.

In terms of the tower for his Dungeon, we're gonna be using Stark/Avengers Tower. In the context the Avengers have moved onto the Helicarrier and Stark has moved everything out of the tower, leaving the tower itself up for sale. In game you'd save up enough money to buy it (maybe do a thing where if you take too long a company like AIM or a group like HYDRA buys it first and you have to deal with that instead, interesting idea for my female villain content, will get back to you on that).

Once you have the tower, you'd explore it to find new areas that Tony had done (Labs, rooms, storage, etc etc). Then once you've done that, you can use Money and Sceptor Power to build more underground areas while keeping it off of any kind of plans that someone like the Avengers could get (thus the Dungeon for instance). Afterwards, with assistance from Enchantress, you'd hide it using magical means.

Alongside that, Money would also be used to buy consumables that I described early that you can use on Captures, Heists or even heroines in dungeons for alternate costumes or events. Later on you'd also use them to buy materials to let you do R63 and Summonables, or as gifts to various female villains/villains in general for additional content or to progress through certain aspects of content. (Like for instance, once you unlock Magneto's Island, you can gift Magneto certain items to increase his trust with you, allowing you more access to his island and thus more content and possibly more villains/female villains to hire/have fun with.)

Course, the latter half of what I described is for much later. At base version it'd just be captures, hiring villains, upgrades for buildings, and consumables to help make said captures easier alongside buying things like Stark Towers and getting the expansion, the works.

Sep 21, 2020
Sounds cool! I like the idea of slowly unlocking different areas in Loki Tower, gives the players a sense of progression. That being said, having Loki save all this money to buy the tower raises the question of why doesn’t Loki just mind control some rich dude to buy it for him? Maybe a supervillain should just buy it from the jump and they agree sign it over to Loki in return for him doing a quest for them.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Sounds cool! I like the idea of slowly unlocking different areas in Loki Tower, gives the players a sense of progression. That being said, having Loki save all this money to buy the tower raises the question of why doesn’t Loki just mind control some rich dude to buy it for him? Maybe a supervillain should just buy it from the jump and they agree sign it over to Loki in return for him doing a quest for them.
On the point of some rich dude buying it for him via mind control, Loki's trying to do it subtly so if he buys it without the mind control, less backlash on him. If any superheroes try to stop him his argument is literally "You want to stop me, from buying property??" which they can't do in any capacity. The idea of a supervillain buying it from jump and signing it over in return for a favor or some debt he has to repay eventually could be a really interesting idea that could lead into some additional content later.

For now, we'll keep it as Loki buying it himself, and then later we'll most likely give the player an option to either save up and buy it themself, or have that supervillain that offered to buy it for him in exchange for a debt of some kind, maybe even give 2-3 options of supervillains you can choose one to buy from for a psuedo shortcut to that section of content but in return you have to do a really hard task/favor within a time limit or has high risks if you fail. I enjoy giving players options. Like for example the choices being Magneto (which would give access to the Magneto's Island and thus Brotherhood content faster), Osborn/Green Goblin (which would give access to the Spiderman sections of content faster), or Grandmaster (which would give access to the space/Guardians of the Galaxy/Hulk sections of content faster).

An interesting option to think on and go with for later. Thanks for suggesting it!

Also as a heads up, we've made a Patreon, just waiting for it to get approved, but we're just using it as a devlog of sorts. You don't need to pay at all to see updates nor download the official version when it comes out (obviously). The only difference between tiers is that one gets access to beta versions and the highest one gives access to the dev livestate, but this could change.

Even if we did get money for it now, me and the programming have agreed that it'd mainly go to commissioning artists as without their work we can't actually go anywhere to be completely honest.

Once/if it's approved, I'll probably make a new thread for this project somewhere. I'm not seeing a "Game Dev/In Dev" section or tag anywhere on the server, so any suggestions as to where to put that thread would be appreciated. If we can't then I'll just hold off till the first public downloadable version is out and about first.

And as I posted this, it got approved, so here's a link:

I'll start posting devlogs to it tomorrow.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
posted the 3 devlogs and the livestate download for those Watcher tier despite how barebones it is! Now to go back and find an artist with a bit more free time!

Void-Lock

Mar 22, 2021
Stay safe, and the best of luck! I hope you quickly find a new place (with a friendlier landlord!)

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Thanks for the well wishes! And yea, we're hoping for a friendlier landlord as well! Was real surprising when they moved up our eviction date by an entire month, through everything out of wack and we haven't even found a new place to move into!

For a more game related update, SC is rewriting a bit of the game because it's already looking a bit messy and they want to avoid that, alongside getting some other things set up for the VN aspects, but it's taking longer then he'd like because of college issues on his end.

Symph-E34

Apr 27, 2021
Heres an update from the dev team (me). So as Unknown mentioned I do plan on redoing alot of the base that I have for the game right now. I'm doing this because I know now how to do some of it better or just in a more organized way. The plan is to get started on that once the saving system is in place. The other half of the rework is going to be the integration of what I am using for the VN stuff so we might even have a build I feel comfortable posting up on the Patreon. And who knows maybe I will try and include some stuff for the lovely people who for some inscrutable reason want to support us.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Sounds good. Have you guys had any luck finding an artist?
Unfortunately not yet, I've tried to contact my friend multiple times but it appears that college kicked her ass more then I thought so she's been trying to de-stress more then anything. Which is understandable, but still a bit of a set-back.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Will there be a bordello where you can watch all your women get fucked by the cretins of the world? Or will it be pure Harem?

Will getting the women be super easy, thus creating a shallow experience without depth, or will getting the women actually be a challenge?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Will there be a bordello where you can watch all your women get fucked by the cretins of the world? Or will it be pure Harem?

Will getting the women be super easy, thus creating a shallow experience without depth, or will getting the women actually be a challenge?
There'll be a Bordello, though it'll be called a Brothel instead because of Loki's culture mainly. Getting the women themselves will have varying difficulties depending on the women themself, but depending on if we do combat or not this could change into something else. Like having to fight them and over the course of the fight utilize Loki's Sceptor slowly until it finally finishes it's job and Loki pieces with a job well done.

Earlier posts we've made talk a bit more in depth about these, feel free to search back if you like.