Agents of L.O.K.I. Active Development

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Earlier today I managed to convince another artist friend of mine to tentatively join on as a UI artist, which means our team has all slots filled. However she's tentative because she wants to see what art style is chosen and how development goes before she fully joins on.

Speaking of art style, unfortunately Bee has run into complications with her college courses and major needing to be rearranged, so it'll take longer before we can get her started, it does take precedence after all.

Symph managed to get a bit more work on the game done for placeholder proof of concepts, so here's screenshots of that:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
Hey, this seems pretty cool! I’d like to echo the sentiment that combat sounds fun as long as it’s not too grindy. Perhaps a “story-focused” mode or a cheat code could be included for those who don’t like combat. I also kind of agree with thephantasm; seducing heroes through unique dialog options sounds like a lot more fun than what we do in SU. It also works thematically with Loki being a Trickster and seducer.

Since you asked for character ideas, here’s my two cents: as Loki is our protagonist, I think at least two Asgardian characters (such as Enchantress, Hela, Thor (Jane Foster), and Valkyrie) should be included in the initial roster, or added soon afterwards.

Edit: Somehow, I missed the post where you explicitly said that Enchantress would be in the game, and would be one of the first villains you hire. My bad.

Some other characters that I’d love to see:

Heroes:
-Dagger
-Domino
-Gerturde Yorkes (and Old Lace)
-Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy)
-Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
-Hepzibah
-Ironheart
-Jessica Jones (although, given her backstory, she may be too depressing to consider for a game like this)
-Mirage
-Misty Knight
-Monica Rambeau
-Miss America (America Chavez)
-Namora
-Negasonic Teenage Warhead
-Nico Minoru
-Rachel Summers (She’s like Jean Grey, but Punk Rock with tat’s and piercings!)
-Silk (Cindy Moon)
-Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)
-Stature (Cassandra Lang)
-Tigra
-Valkyrie (movie or comics version, both are cool)
-Vampire-by-Night

Last edited:
Reactions: Unknown72
Sep 21, 2020
Villains:
-Callisto
-Cassandra Nova (if that’s your thing)
-Elektra
-Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen (she’s like Jean Grey, but a clone and crazy!)
-Lady Deathstrike
-Lady Bullseye
-Lady Mastermind (and possibly her sisters)
-Lilith (Dracula’s daughter)
-Madam Masque
-Scarlet Witch
-Screaming Mimi ( I prefer her Songbird costume tbh)
-Selene, the Black Queen
-Silver Sable (less villainous, more morally grey)
-Spiral
-Typhoid Mary

Secret/Joke characters:
-Arachne (Julia Capenter)
-Aunt May
-Blink (Exiles)
-Danger (x-men)
-Dazzler
-Deathbird
-Delphyne Gorgan
-Echo (Maya Lopez)
-Elsa Bloodstone
-Gwenpool
-Jean Grey, The Black Queen (She’s like Jean Grey, but brainwashed into thinking that she’s an 18th century aristocrat!)
-Jubilee (vampire version)
-Lady Punisher
-Mariko Yashida
-Madam Web
-MODAM
-Olivia Octavius (from “into the spider-verse”)
-Pepper Potts
-Red Sonja (yes, she’s a canonical marvel character)
-Rogue, from the 90’s (Wild, untamed hair! Sexy Bomber Jackets!)
-the Stepford Cuckoos
-Storm (vampire version)
-Squirrel Girl
-Veranke the Skrull

Edit: Loki's Organization for Kidnapping and Intervention was the best that I could come up with.

Last edited:

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Hey, this seems pretty cool! I’d like to echo the sentiment that combat sounds fun as long as it’s not too grindy. Perhaps a “story-focused” mode or a cheat code could be included for those who don’t like combat. I also kind of agree with thephantasm; seducing heroes through unique dialog options sounds like a lot more fun than what we do in SU. It also works thematically with Loki being a Trickster and seducer.

Since you asked for character ideas, here’s my two cents: as Loki is our protagonist, I think at least two Asgardian characters (such as Enchantress, Hela, Thor (Jane Foster), and Valkyrie) should be included in the initial roster, or added soon afterwards.

Some other characters that I’d love to see:

Heroes:
-Dagger
-Domino
-Gerturde Yorkes (and Old Lace)
-Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy)
-Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
-Hepzibah
-Ironheart
-Jessica Jones (although, given her backstory, she may be too depressing to consider for a game like this)
-Mirage
-Misty Knight
-Monica Rambeau
-Miss America (America Chavez)
-Namora
-Negasonic Teenage Warhead
-Nico Minoru
-Rachel Summers (She’s like Jean Grey, but Punk Rock with tat’s and piercings!)
-Silk (Cindy Moon)
-Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)
-Stature (Cassandra Lang)
-Tigra
-Valkyrie (movie or comics version, both are cool)
-Vampire-by-Night
Villains:
-Callisto
-Cassandra Nova (if that’s your thing)
-Elektra
-Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen (she’s like Jean Grey, but a clone and crazy!)
-Lady Deathstrike
-Lady Bullseye
-Lady Mastermind (and possibly her sisters)
- Lilith (Dracula’s daughter)
-Madam Masque
-Scarlet Witch
-Screaming Mimi
-Selene, the Black Queen
-Silver Sable (less villainous, more morally grey)
-Spiral
-Typhoid Mary

Secret/Joke characters:
-Arachne (Julia Capenter)
-Aunt May
-Blink (Exiles)
-Danger (x-men)
-Dazzler
-Deathbird
-Delphyne Gorgan
-Echo (Maya Lopez)
-Elsa Bloodstone
-Gwenpool
-Jean Grey, The Black Queen (She’s like Jean Grey, but brainwashed into thinking that she’s a 17th century aristocrat!)
-Jubilee (vampire version)
-Lady Punisher
-Mariko Yashida
-Madam Web
-MODAM
-Olivia Octavius (from “into the spider-verse”)
-Pepper Potts
-Red Sonja (yes, she’s a canonical marvel character)
-Rogue, from the 90’s (Wild, untamed hair! Sexy Bomber Jackets!)
-the Stepford Cuckoos
-Storm (vampire version)
-Squirrel Girl
-Veranke the Skrull

Edit: Loki's Organization for Kidnapping and Intervention was the best that I could come up with.
Goddamn, quite a lot of these are already listed down, but there's also a hefty amount that I didn't even know existed lol. I'll look 'em up and see what they're all about!

Also that's an awesome abbreviation and we're absolutely stealing that, thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
...Also that's an awesome abbreviation and we're absolutely stealing that, thanks.
No problem, glad you like it!

If you’re also looking for possible locations, I was thinking you could use “The Bar with No Name” as the area where you hire villains, kind of like how the Legion of Doom headquarters operates in SU. Better yet, you could make it a strip club, so it’s like you’re combining the Grand Slam and the LOD headquarters into one location! If you want upgrading it to be part of the game, like it is in SU, you could have a storyline about how Daredevil busted up the old bar, and now the owner is looking for a new business partner to help him rebuild it. (Which is basically what happens in SU, now that I'm thinking about it.)

I think the Hellfire Club would also be a good location to include, especially since it’s based off of a Perhaps it could function similar to the Meta Bordello, but with some political intrigue as you work your way up the Hellfire club hierarchy.

I also though of some more characters to recommend. I know you’ve almost filled the roster for the .01 release, but I’m having too much fun to stop now!

Here are some characters that I didn’t think of last night:

Heroes:
Athena
Blindfold (x-men)
Excalibur (Faiza Hussain)
Hummingbird (Aracely Penalba)
Husk (x-men)
M (Monet St. Croix) (Don’t try to read her backstory, unless you want a headache)
Maria Hill
Medusa (inhumans) (a must have if you’re into hair stuff.)
Motormouth (Harley Davis)
Night Nurse (Linda Carter) (if there’s going to be combat, this would be a great NPC to have on staff.)
Pixie (x-men)
Roma (Merlin’s daughter) (The universal guardian of order, she'd make a great antagonist for Loki.)
Sage (x-men)
Sif (I can’t believe I forgot her.)
Stacy X (I don’t really like this character, but I figured I’d mention her as her defining characteristic is that she used to be a prostitute.)

Villians:
Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
Hala the Accuser
Kraven the Hunter (Ana Kravinoff)
Shriek (Fances Barrison) (Remember her from that Spider-Man game on the Sega Genesis? No? Oh well.)
Titania
Wraith (Yuri Watanabe) (vigilante. Unhirable, you’d have to capture her like a hero.)

Secret/ Joke:
Brood Queen (Hannah Connover) (From a really shitty x-men miniseries in the 90’s. She is the only brood queen that I can think of that has a name, but Wikipedia tells me there’s one called “No-Name” from the planet Hulk storyline, so that one’s probably more well known.)
Deadgirl (if you’re going to do an image search, make sure you include the terms “comics” or “X-Statix”)
Lady Stilt-Man (Yes, this is a real character)
Nocturne (Exiles)
Scream (Remember HER from that spider-man game on the Genesis?)
U-Go Girl (X-Statix)
Venus Dee Milo (X-Statix)

Edit: I think having a comedic tone would probably be for the best. I can't imagine taking a game like this seriously.

Last edited:

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
The current plan was just to have Loki be able to communicate with them via magic, thus the hireable villains stuff being a side menu. But converting The Bar with No Name into the Strip Club is actually a really good idea.

Utilizing the Hellfire Club as some additional content with different benefits, hireables and (potentially) lewds could be a good idea. Alongside having Madripoor as an additional location for some other content later as well could be fun.

Maybe Loki has to scout out a villain using The Bar with No Name before he can communicate with them, but he only has to scout once, as the magic requires him to at least know their name to communicate with them. The villain you scout could be random, giving a bit of variety, and each scout could be progressively more expensive as you have to find more esoteric information as you milk all of the info out of the club itself? Could also lead into potentially contacting some other villains/neutrals that lead to other locations or mechanics, like the Hellfire Club, Madripoor, Magneto's island, Von Dooms country, etc etc.

All really cool ideas for later once the captureables are done!

Sep 21, 2020
The current plan was just to have Loki be able to communicate with them via magic, thus the hireable villains stuff being a side menu. But converting The Bar with No Name into the Strip Club is actually a really good idea.

Utilizing the Hellfire Club as some additional content with different benefits, hireables and (potentially) lewds could be a good idea. Alongside having Madripoor as an additional location for some other content later as well could be fun.

Maybe Loki has to scout out a villain using The Bar with No Name before he can communicate with them, but he only has to scout once, as the magic requires him to at least know their name to communicate with them. The villain you scout could be random, giving a bit of variety, and each scout could be progressively more expensive as you have to find more esoteric information as you milk all of the info out of the club itself? Could also lead into potentially contacting some other villains/neutrals that lead to other locations or mechanics, like the Hellfire Club, Madripoor, Magneto's island, Von Dooms country, etc etc.

All really cool ideas for later once the captureables are done!
Sounds good to me!

I don’t know how much of the combat system you have planned out, but I had a few ideas I wanted to run past you.

So, to me it, it’s important that the combat and the harem management aspects of the game feel interconnected. I also don’t want to spend hours grinding characters in the Danger Room to make them useful. With that in mind, and taking into consideration the stuff said you wanted in the game, here is my proposal:

Combat functions much the same as a standard jrpg, with your party consisting of Loki, a Hero, and a Villain. Each character also has the standard rpg options: Attack, Defend, Special, and Item.

What differs Agents of L.O.K.I from most jrpg’s are two mechanics: Leadership and Conviction.

You can think of Leadership as Loki’s ability to lead his team and handle himself in combat. Whenever you win a fight, Loki gains exp and his Leadership goes up. The Agents that work for you, both heroes and villains, don’t gain exp individually, rather, they each have base stats that are then modified by Loki’s Leadership. So, when Loki reaches level 10, it’s like your entire team has reached level 10. This means that a character that you’ve never used before is potentially as viable Boom Boom or Shadowcat, who were with you from day one. What makes the difference is Conviction.

Conviction is how much respect/loyalty/love an Agent has for Loki. In this example, we’ll imagine Conviction as a scale that goes from 0 to 5 for each character. Each Agent you recruit starts with 0 Conviction: Heroes resent you capturing them, Villains are only in it for the cash and both refuse to do any special moves, and instead will only Attack, Defend, or use Items.

However, you can increase an Agent’s Conviction in Loki by talking to them and choosing the right dialog options (in the “dungeon”, not while you’re in combat), buying them special items (like alternative costumes), and (in special cases) completing side quests/activities for them.

As their conviction levels up, you start to unlock new moves for them, both in combat and in the bedroom, as well as new dialog options and passive stat increases. When you reach max Conviction for a character, a special cut scene plays, all their moves become unlocked, and they become a willing follower of Loki. Heroes no longer need to be actively mind controlled and villains either join L.O.K.I full time, or ask to be paid solely in “favors” later on. (you know, the kind in the bedroom.)

That’s the basics, anyway. I also kind of like the idea of Loki having to fight a hero before he can mind control them, in a Pokémon sort of way.

Also, to save time and energy, I recommend having combat be in first person, kind of like this:

Sample.jpg

Reactions: EatBootyIDo

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
So did some discussion with Symph and we've solidified a few of these more. So it's agreed that the Bar with No Name will get bought out by Loki/owned and a strip club section built under it for heroines. So the first floor of it would mainly be for Scouting and maybe certain consumables. When you Scout you'll get information on a random Villain or relevant character and these wouldn't be restricted by tiers or anything, and once Scouted you can contact them via the Communicate menu on the main map screen for various things. This means you could potentially scout a high level villain or a low level and you'd have to decide whether you hire multiple low level ones for multiple different things (or other uses) or save up for a higher tier one for more effectiveness (or other uses). This also means you could potentially Scout someone, communicate with them, and instead of them being a hireable it'd be the beginning of access to a new area/location like Magneto's Island, Von Dooms country, etc etc, but that's for far later.

Alongside this, with the dungeon content we're going to be doing something different from SU. So instead of it being a set thing, when someone is in a cell, you'll choose to either Seduce them (aka love/persuasion route) or Mold them (similar in content to SU). Seducing them will work similarly to a VN in that you chat with them and have to choose the right option to convince them to join you and do sexual acts with you of their own choosing and will. It's a more loving route so sexual acts won't be immediate, and eventually in order to use them outside of dungeon content you'll have to convince them to join your forming Harem and work together with any other heroines you've Seduced (which can lead to some fun situations ;) )

Continuing on the Scouting content, we've also decided that Patreons will get access to a special Patreon testing island for content that's in the works or testing, meaning it's content that may or may not be added to the game itself. However, updates wise and details on what that content is won't be hidden to non-patreons at all, it just means Patreons will be able to test it themselves.

Also upgrading the Bar with No Name will up the amount of scouting attempts per day and chances of discovering new information. So level one bar will have one scouting chance a day, with low chance of finding new information, level two bar will have one scouting chance by medium chance, level three bar will have 2 scouting chances by medium chance, etc etc.

Don't know if Bar and Strip Club levels will be all as one thing, or upgraded separately, but we'll see in the future.

Sounds good to me!

I don’t know how much of the combat system you have planned out, but I had a few ideas I wanted to run past you.

So, to me it, it’s important that the combat and the harem management aspects of the game feel interconnected. I also don’t want to spend hours grinding characters in the Danger Room to make them useful. With that in mind, and taking into consideration the stuff said you wanted in the game, here is my proposal:

Combat functions much the same as a standard jrpg, with your party consisting of Loki, a Hero, and a Villain. Each character also has the standard rpg options: Attack, Defend, Special, and Item.

What differs Agents of L.O.K.I from most jrpg’s are two mechanics: Leadership and Conviction.

You can think of Leadership as Loki’s ability to lead his team and handle himself in combat. Whenever you win a fight, Loki gains exp and his Leadership goes up. The Agents that work for you, both heroes and villains, don’t gain exp individually, rather, they each have base stats that are then modified by Loki’s Leadership. So, when Loki reaches level 10, it’s like your entire team has reached level 10. This means that a character that you’ve never used before is potentially as viable Boom Boom or Shadowcat, who were with you from day one. What makes the difference is Conviction.

Conviction is how much respect/loyalty/love an Agent has for Loki. In this example, we’ll imagine Conviction as a scale that goes from 0 to 5 for each character. Each Agent you recruit starts with 0 Conviction: Heroes resent you capturing them, Villains are only in it for the cash and both refuse to do any special moves, and instead will only Attack, Defend, or use Items.

However, you can increase an Agent’s Conviction in Loki by talking to them and choosing the right dialog options (in the “dungeon”, not while you’re in combat), buying them special items (like alternative costumes), and (in special cases) completing side quests/activities for them.

As their conviction levels up, you start to unlock new moves for them, both in combat and in the bedroom, as well as new dialog options and passive stat increases. When you reach max Conviction for a character, a special cut scene plays, all their moves become unlocked, and they become a willing follower of Loki. Heroes no longer need to be actively mind controlled and villains either join L.O.K.I full time, or ask to be paid solely in “favors” later on. (you know, the kind in the bedroom.)

That’s the basics, anyway. I also kind of like the idea of Loki having to fight a hero before he can mind control them, in a Pokémon sort of way.

Also, to save time and energy, I recommend having combat be in first person, kind of like this:

View attachment 1137242
We'll keep this in mind for if we do Combat in the first place, it's certainly an interesting idea.

Last edited:

SenatorSpoon

Mar 5, 2021
So if I mold a heroine can I then seduce them? Or something to that effect?

or do I then not have the ability to take them out of their cell after I mold them?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
So if I mold a heroine can I then seduce them? Or something to that effect?

or do I then not have the ability to take them out of their cell after I mold them?
So when you have them in the cell you'd have to choose either or, you can't do both. Either results in you being able to take them out of their cell, but the overall how they see you and interact with you changes depending on whether you seduced (they see you as a romantic lover and they don't change much personality wise) or molded (they see you as their sex god basically) them.

We might add an option later to use a mixture of the Time and Mind stone to reset that so you can change whether you Mold or Seduce them instead of locking them into a singular route, but that'd be for later.

Sep 21, 2020
Speaking of the stones, how do you plan on handling the Infinity Stones?

I assume that acquiring one would be a big deal and would require going through an adventure or two. I’m curious how we would find out about them in the first place. Would an Infinity Stone event trigger automatically after certain conditions are met (e.g. X number of heroes are captured and Y number of days have passed), or would Loki randomly hear rumors via the scouting action at the Bar, or some combination of the two?

Also, since the stones will have mechanical effects in-game, will players be able to choose what order they can search for the stones, or would we acquire them in a specific, predetermined order?

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Speaking of the stones, how do you plan on handling the Infinity Stones?

I assume that acquiring one would be a big deal and would require going through an adventure or two. I’m curious how we would find out about them in the first place. Would an Infinity Stone event trigger automatically after certain conditions are met (e.g. X number of heroes are captured and Y number of days have passed), or would Loki randomly hear rumors via the scouting action at the Bar, or some combination of the two?

Also, since the stones will have mechanical effects in-game, will players be able to choose what order they can search for the stones, or would we acquire them in a specific, predetermined order?
We don't fully know just yet how we'll handle them, but the initial thoughts right now are that you get a semi-tutorial in finding the stones by going through the process to get the Space Stone (that way you can teleport where you need to to get the other stones).

It entirely depends on whether Combat will be in this game or not really, cause if so then there's a lot of different ideas we have for doing it with combat involved rather then just a simple Heist with 5-10% chance of succeeding.

ShootyMC

Nov 20, 2020
I often find games that involve super-powered characters are disappointing in that they don't actually utilize their powers in interesting ways for the erotic content, if at all. That is no doubt a difficult thing to do both creatively and technically, but it's something worth considering. I would love to see ridiculous feats of strength, telekinesis, mind control, flight, reality warping, etc. incorporated into sexy time rather than just being a gameplay mechanic or plot McGuffin.

Since you were already planning content for Emma Frost (one of the all-time greatest Marvel sexpots!), I have a suggestion. There was an event in her publication history where she had a "psychic affair" with Scott Summers (aka Cyclops). I figure there's some interesting stuff you could do with the concept. Think of crazy sex with virtually no limits (or consequences). That's an opportunity to incorporate any number of kinks or just to come up with some creative sequences.

Sep 21, 2020
I often find games that involve super-powered characters are disappointing in that they don't actually utilize their powers in interesting ways for the erotic content, if at all. That is no doubt a difficult thing to do both creatively and technically, but it's something worth considering. I would love to see ridiculous feats of strength, telekinesis, mind control, flight, reality warping, etc. incorporated into sexy time rather than just being a gameplay mechanic or plot McGuffin.

Since you were already planning content for Emma Frost (one of the all-time greatest Marvel sexpots!), I have a suggestion. There was an event in her publication history where she had a "psychic affair" with Scott Summers (aka Cyclops). I figure there's some interesting stuff you could do with the concept. Think of crazy sex with virtually no limits (or consequences). That's an opportunity to incorporate any number of kinks or just to come up with some creative sequences.

I am 100% certain that Emma Frost would be into Femdom.

Reactions: ShootyMC

AmarynXPalladino

Dec 1, 2018
You should go with that style that the X-Men cartoon had (like Rogue-Like) for 2d. Do something close to Spider-verse for 3d or maybe Redmoa's shtick for Gwen and the Titans? You really want to avoid making DazClones if you can't make it on par with production level.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021

I am 100% certain that Emma Frost would be into Femdom.

I 100% want to use their powers for some interesting situations, don't worry. At base it'll just have the standard assortment, but later we'll most likely go back and add unique scenes involving their powers over time.

You should go with that style that the X-Men cartoon had (like Rogue-Like) for 2d. Do something close to Spider-verse for 3d or maybe Redmoa's shtick for Gwen and the Titans? You really want to avoid making DazClones if you can't make it on par with production level.

Yea, X-Men Evolution, that's one of the art styles we're going to test out, no worries.

Unknown72

Jan 3, 2021
Smaller update, Managed to get money and scepter power tracking in a small form working now. Might make a recruitment post for an additional artist with promises of payment once Patreon is around and let applicant download the current working PoC to see it.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
This could be very interesting, since I suppose Marvel is a lot more popular in comparison to DC. The UI look great, can't wait to see how this will develop!