• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 53 Votes

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
As mentioned above: it might be time to consider compression and other means of size reduction.

I don't know anything about such measures, but would be happy to implement suggestions - preferably with a little explanation included :biggrin:

AlienAnal

Aug 19, 2017
what is the answers for sphinx at the tower? first was Human what is the other ones help .P wanna go catch my elfs

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
With @trythisone's webm compatible player as a start, I have converted most of the files to webm and have a player that functions with all the files just being webm. I need to get some of the original files back though as before I switched to Ren'py I did mess around with replacing images and such so some of mine won't be correct.

But as an example of the savings... my 9.38GB image folder became 3.05GB.

Reactions: sp1ker

daddy1

Jan 3, 2018
It seems i'm getting broken images and no sound with how i'm extracting the files.

I have the "180939_AdamGaia2.2Player", "Adam&Gaia Update 1.9", "Adam_and_Gaia", and "The_Elven_Update" files all in xyz folder.

Then I extract them all within this xyz folder. Would you please advise on how to install them correctly?

Just so you know, I have winrar and 7-zip installed. The game files have the winrar image to the left of the file names, but I extract them using 7-zip.

Thanks in advance :)

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
It seems i'm getting broken images and no sound with how i'm extracting the files.

I have the "180939_AdamGaia2.2Player", "Adam&Gaia Update 1.9", "Adam_and_Gaia", and "The_Elven_Update" files all in xyz folder.

Then I extract them all within this xyz folder. Would you please advise on how to install them correctly?

Just so you know, I have winrar and 7-zip installed. The game files have the winrar image to the left of the file names, but I extract them using 7-zip.

When you say you extract them within xyz folder, do you mean you have made new folders for them in xyz? the most common problem is that people have files in the wrong place. You need to make sure that the "img" and "snd" folders from the updates and main file are merged, and in the same xyz folder as the "AdamGaia2.2Player".

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
It should be like that: I named the main folder Adam&Gaia (not too surprising I think) and that's what in it:

1st Adam&Gaia
2nd_ img
3rd___Background
4th______Castle
4th _______etc
3rd___People
4th|______Creature
4th_______etc
2nd_snd
3rd___Sex
2nd Adam&Gaia2.2Player.html
2nd Beornwahl's Note.txt

Usually all packages start in Adam&Gaia (or whatever you named it) level usually including the folder img maybe also snd or the html. And it is all supposed to be in there, if you have picked the right packages you might just merge them, can't remember overwrites.

Hope that overview helps.

Your packages looks right. So I suggest you check your snd folder first if there are files like GreenGaia.mp3 and GreyGaia.mp3. Also you could check if there are more img folders inside you structure, it should only be 1 at first level. If anything on place you might post some screens from inside your structure so we can see whats maybe missing?

Been a fan of 7-zip too, but ran into more and more trouble over time so I switched to WinRar5 now which was able to extract really everything I throw at. You might give it a try, just to check if it helps?

trythisone

Nov 1, 2017
With @trythisone's webm compatible player as a start, I have converted most of the files to webm and have a player that functions with all the files just being webm. I need to get some of the original files back though as before I switched to Ren'py I did mess around with replacing images and such so some of mine won't be correct.

But as an example of the savings... my 9.38GB image folder became 3.05GB.
Glad to hear that someones been using/testing it.
Have you only converted the daughters, or matriarch files also?
Did I miss any files?
Is that size with or without the Elven Update?
Due to the way the code works, the elven daughter images should also work as webm, but I'd have to go through the code if you want to switch the elven matriarchs.

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
@trythisone - Every image file went to webm, I decompiled the code with tweego, took it into Sublime Text and edited every image call to instead use the widget. I then took the source and threw it back into Twine 1.4.2 with sugarcube-2 and built a functional compiled html file, it probably needs testing I'm sure. The main weirdness in the Twine editor is the passages don't all seem to be connected as neatly and not the same layout for sure.

lodadsaq

Futa Church of Holy Cock Rings
Donor
Mar 3, 2017
@Beornwahl bossappleasue i think, he a modarator anywho and a few other users are what i call compressors, there are a fw tools on F95 for just that, they are in the tools section, have fun tinkering. cos yea an 8gig game is fucking massive.

come join the discord we can help you, and you can see the crazy side of me :D

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
@lodadsaq , the main issue with just compressing the gifs is to save size you end up loosing a huge amount of quality and you maybe reduce a file by half it's size.

I tried running File Optimizer before giving up and just deciding it would be better in the end to go webm.

GIF was an amazing format many years ago... we've come a long way since it was invented and there are just better ways to display animations in browsers, namely use video instead if possible.

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
Okay I have every file converted, but I don't have any recent saves and I'm not sure I have time to test it extensively without a little help. So if people could send me save files to test that would help alot :biggrin:

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Okay I have every file converted, but I don't have any recent saves and I'm not sure I have time to test it extensively without a little help. So if people could send me save files to test that would help alot :biggrin:
.... deleted due not working

Reactions: Epadder

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
Well... um @FA80 the save only gives me more energy/increased starting resources... (tested in default player and mine)

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Getting a bit lost here... What would be the thumps up converters?

Many of the files in AG are only renamed, and not actually converted to gif format - how does that effect?

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
@Beornwahl I used to make all the gifs webm with settings like
settings.jpg .
I first tried
Recommended in this thread

I had it set up like options.jpg

But I started testing that on the Elven girls and it ate the quality of the images to only reduce images by 1/2 on average (webm is 1/3 - 1/5 of the original filesize at better quality).

daddy1

Jan 3, 2018
@Lazyrick @FA80 i downloaded the torrent instead, and it seems to be working.

I hope i'm not missing out on anything, such as the quality of the images, gifs, game in general, or new girls from the desert, fields, islands patches?

Thanks again!

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
@Lazyrick @FA80 i downloaded the torrent instead, and it seems to be working.

I hope i'm not missing out on anything, such as the quality of the images, gifs, game in general, or new girls from the desert, fields, islands patches?

Thanks again!
The torrent should have the complete package. You may (or not) add mods like the alternative pics (it will just replace existing pics with others) or my Antigrind. What pic sets you prefer depends a lot on your preferences so I can't give an advice, you might even add your own if you feel so. But it won't hurt to play for a while first ;) and then try the mods for another go :D

Well... um @FA80 the save only gives me more energy/increased starting resources... (tested in default player and mine)
You do have higher energy for the actual round (since it was saved with my mod) but that should be back to normal calculation next day.

Just skip 1 day and you should have a testing save with 100% story complete and at least some of quite all breeds... that I thought you want to have?

Ah, maybe it is because I saved it with Chrome? Is that possibly a problem? Not sure which format you need for testing and how to provide though if a Chrome.save doesn't work.

Sojonin

Feb 14, 2018
What's the end of the current update? I've gotten all six Elven matriarchs and the second crystal, is there a way to get to the ocean region yet?

4.20 star(s) 53 Votes