4.20 star(s) 53 Votes

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
I've always wondered, why would Dwarves use an Elvish word for their secret door? Wouldn't using the Dwarfish word for friend make more sense.
According to J.R.R. Tolkien the dwarwen language was hidiously difficult to learn as well as a closely guarded secret, the dwarwes didn't write their dwarwen names on their tombstones, also the gate the fellowship entered was originally meant for their Noldo allies under Celebrimbor as such elven was the logical choice for the gate.

Reactions: Wrynn13

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
According to J.R.R. Tolkien the dwarwen language was hidiously difficult to learn as well as a closely guarded secret, the dwarwes didn't write their dwarwen names on their tombstones, also the gate the fellowship entered was originally meant for their Noldo allies under Celebrimbor as such elven was the logical choice for the gate.
Makes sense I suppose. As much as I appreciate Tolkien's contribution to the creation of Fantasy literature, as a writer he was a better professor. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are two of the few books I prefer as movies.

Shagmonkey

Jul 29, 2017
Hey i just got this on comp to day and its wonky already i start it like norm and the images go and have that torn broken page picture in upper left hand corner where image location is supposed to show any tips to fix this would be welcom thx for your time. Heres the image just incase ya need proof no idea whats interfering and this is just opening page start.

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
Hey i just got this on comp to day and its wonky already i start it like norm and the images go and have that torn broken page picture in upper left hand corner where image location is supposed to show any tips to fix this would be welcom thx for your time. Heres the image just incase ya need proof no idea whats interfering and this is just opening page start.
Are you sure you have the files in the correct folder? the "img" folder and the "Adam&Gaia2.2Player" file have to be in the same folder.

evelelf

Jul 1, 2017
Please, just give me password to sanctuary. I am typing "friend" and have just "You guessed wrong, and the door remains closed" massage.

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
Please, just give me password to sanctuary. I am typing "friend" and have just "You guessed wrong, and the door remains closed" massage.
The password is mellon please note that there have been bugs with this aspect of the game and that if you experience that you should go all caps.

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Don't know if it's been pointed out already, but there's a bug with the villages. I managed to fill 4,5 houses in the first village, but after that, I can't send girls to any village :/ so I don't know if there's a condition for sending them that I'm not aware of, or if it is indeed a bug, but I thought I'd point it out anyway :p
Also, I've been exploring the sanctuary for some time now, and all I found is Gaia's equipment and some lore on the elves, is there something I need to do to trigger the other encounters?

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
I would suggest you have "Schoolhouse" as an acceptable answer for the Sphinx's last riddle, considering school and schoolhouse are the same thing.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Are the elf matriarchs actually in the game yet? If you look at the time between my posts I've been searching the sanctuary for an hour.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Are the elf matriarchs actually in the game yet? If you look at the time between my posts I've been searching the sanctuary for an hour.
There are 6. It takes a while to proceed their quest lines but you should meet them at least. If not it's maybe because of an old save game? 2.x isn't compatible to pre 2.x saves. if that's the case please try starting a new game.

Don't know if it's been pointed out already, but there's a bug with the villages. I managed to fill 4,5 houses in the first village, but after that, I can't send girls to any village :/ so I don't know if there's a condition for sending them that I'm not aware of, or if it is indeed a bug, but I thought I'd point it out anyway :p
Also, I've been exploring the sanctuary for some time now, and all I found is Gaia's equipment and some lore on the elves, is there something I need to do to trigger the other encounters?
After reading your post a 2nd time: Sounds like an old save (Elven missing). Please try to start a new game.

Both of you might use my antigrind mod to speed up the new game until your back where you stopped and switch back to original game. You may switch modded / unmodded version anytime as you like, just save and continue with the other html.

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
There are 6. It takes a while to proceed their quest lines but you should meet them at least. If not it's maybe because of an old save game? 2.x isn't compatible to pre 2.x saves. if that's the case please try starting a new game.

I filled my field village and haven't encountered any problems to fill the other places. Are you using a older save game? You may try a new start with my antigrind mod to speed things up and switch back to normal later? What browser you are using? Any addons in there that may cause problems? Maybe try a (portable) Chrome without anything (doesn't need access to the internet too). Any error message when you try to assign a girl to another village? We are talking about human girls? Since elven girls are cloth-locked in original html atm.
Well I guess it's because it's an old save, I'll try with a new one and see if it helps. There's no error messages or anything, I just don't have the option to send new girls (humans) into my villages

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Do you have the 1.9 pic set too? The 2.0 pic set is only an addon to the 1.9 one and meant to be merged.
In your case you could check: /img/Background/Lore/Tree.gif if the pic is there. Have a look at the whole background folder. If it is empty you miss the 1.9 package.

trythisone

Nov 1, 2017
Well I guess it's because it's an old save, I'll try with a new one and see if it helps. There's no error messages or anything, I just don't have the option to send new girls (humans) into my villages
Yep thats what happens with an old save.
Haven't properly tested it but adding the following to the java passage should update 1.9 saves so they can be used
Code:
Config.saves.onLoad = function(save) {
  updateVariables(save.state.history[0].variables);
};

function updateVariables(variables) {
  //get the stored version
  var major, minor, patch;
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.version) {
    major = 0; minor = 0; patch = 0;
  } else {
    major = variables.version[0]; minor = variables.version[1]; patch = variables.version[2];
  }

if (major < 2) {
  major = 2; minor = 0; patch = 0;
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ElvenChildren) { variables.ElvenChildren = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.queenQuest) { variables.queenQuest = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.queenRelation) { variables.queenRelation = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.queenDone) { variables.queenDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.queenDead) { variables.queenDead = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.queenPreg) { variables.queenPreg = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.queenChildren) { variables.queenChildren = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessQuest) { variables.princessQuest = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessAccept) { variables.princessAccept = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessRelation) { variables.princessRelation = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessDone) { variables.princessDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessDead) { variables.princessDead = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessPreg) { variables.princessPreg = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.princessChildren) { variables.princessChildren = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.nerdanelQuest) { variables.nerdanelQuest = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.nerdanelRelation) { variables.nerdanelRelation = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.nerdanelDone) { variables.nerdanelDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.nerdanelDead) { variables.nerdanelDead = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.nerdanelPreg) { variables.nerdanelPreg = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.nerdanelChildren) { variables.nerdanelChildren = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.niennaQuest) { variables.niennaQuest = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.niennaRelation) { variables.niennaRelation = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.niennaDone) { variables.niennaDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.niennaDead) { variables.niennaDead = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.niennaPreg) { variables.niennaPreg = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.niennaChildren) { variables.niennaChildren = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.yavannaQuest) { variables.yavannaQuest = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.yavannaRelation) { variables.yavannaRelation = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.yavannaDone) { variables.yavannaDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.yavannaDead) { variables.yavannaDead = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.yavannaPreg) { variables.yavannaPreg = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.yavannaChildren) { variables.yavannaChildren = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.luthienQuest) { variables.luthienQuest = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.luthienRelation) { variables.luthienRelation = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.luthienDone) { variables.luthienDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.luthienDead) { variables.luthienDead = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.luthienPreg) { variables.luthienPreg = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.luthienChildren) { variables.luthienChildren = 0; }

if ("undefined" === typeof variables.fox) { variables.fox = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.foxMatriarch) { variables.foxMatriarch = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.foxWild) { variables.foxWild = 5; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.foxTamed) { variables.foxTamed = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.foxRoom) { variables.foxRoom = 15; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.foxHome) { variables.foxHome = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ghost) { variables.ghost = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ghostMatriarch) { variables.ghostMatriarch = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ghostWild) { variables.ghostWild = 5;}
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ghostTamed) { variables.ghostTamed = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ghostRoom) { variables.ghostRoom = 15; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ghostHome) { variables.ghostHome = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.dullahan) { variables.dullahan = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.dullahanMatriarch) { variables.dullahanMatriarch = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.dullahanWild) { variables.dullahanWild = 5; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.dullahanTamed) { variables.dullahanTamed = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.dullahanRoom) { variables.dullahanRoom = 15; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.dullahanHome) { variables.dullahanHome = 0; }

if ("undefined" === typeof variables.SanctuaryHomeDone) { variables.SanctuaryHomeDone = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.SanctuaryPost1) { variables.SanctuaryPost1 = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.SanctuaryPost2) { variables.SanctuaryPost2 = 0; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.SanctuaryPost3) { variables.SanctuaryPost3 = 0; }

if ("undefined" === typeof variables.CyclopsNumber) { variables.CyclopsNumber = 3; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.DeerNumber) { variables.DeerNumber = 3; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.ElvenNumber) { variables.ElvenNumber = 7; }
  if ("undefined" === typeof variables.EndWeekHome) { variables.EndWeekHome = "Castle"; }
  }

variables.version = [major, minor, patch];
  //also set the Config.saves.version just because we can
  Config.saves.version = "v" + major + "." + minor + "." + patch;
};

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
This compability issue propped up during the testing of the Alpha testing of the game, I would recommend that the fact that old saves, saves from version 1.9 or earlier, is posted as an update in the main post.

lodadsaq

Futa Church of Holy Cock Rings
Donor
Mar 3, 2017
*pinches the bridge of nose*

beorn........
can you try and spend a weekend compressing things?

i come back realising the there has been as update, its a 3.5gig update........
adding to a 5.5gig game.........

if you have and its just due to the sheer number of images then sorry but yea

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Elven can be found in the Deep Forrest which can be unlocked by rebuilding the sphinx tower (camp -> ruins -> tower)

Reactions: CraysisW
4.20 star(s) 53 Votes