• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I'm almost positive no one who has already pledged on patreon has been charged yet because I didn't set my first post with links to charge so i'll post the first $5 image here for you guys. I'll have another i'll be posting this friday as well on patreon. ok here is the pic

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are some parts like hands that need adjusted but don't worry, they will be for the next update.

GrandJury

Oct 26, 2017
What a nice game this is. Sis looks so cute and proportional, that's nice to see. Good job with her @Afflyction! I hope this is going to be romantic love story of course i assume there will be some obstacles clearly incest is in question. Hopefully nothing dark or mind control will be involved :eek: but nice start :)

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I just had a comment on my patreon and I'm not sure what I can get away with replying back on there without the patreon police coming out but just so everyones knows, Starting with 0.2, I will have the patch file up on lewd patcher. As for 0.1 on here, it has the patch pre installed.

Reactions: N7 and GrandJury

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Why not just have the patch preinstalled for the version files that you upload here and on patreon you can just upload the normal version files there. Less things to try to keep track of that way. Maybe name them a certain way so that you know which file goes to which site. Like the one for here has a - P at the end of the version number where P will stand for patched and the one that is for patreon will just have the normal version name and number.

ChukDogg

Jun 12, 2017
I just have 1 complaint, She has the body of a young woman/teen, but she looks like shes about 12 in the face, kinda gives me the creeps lol.

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
@

Why not just have the patch preinstalled for the version files that you upload here and on patreon you can just upload the normal version files there. Less things to try to keep track of that way. Maybe name them a certain way so that you know which file goes to which site. Like the one for here has a - P at the end of the version number where P will stand for patched and the one that is for patreon will just have the normal version name and number.
That's what i'm going to do, but if it finds it's way here before I post it myself, I may as well have the patch here.

CasualAlien

Dec 27, 2017
That's what i'm going to do, but if it finds it's way here before I post it myself, I may as well have the patch here.
Considering you are actively online and posting regularly I don't think anyone will post a patch here before you do.

Aug 8, 2017
Looking great so far! In particular I like what you've done with the posing and camera placement. On small nitpick:
Code:
Better question and more importantly.. When did my sister get so hott?!
Last time I checked hot only had three letters. (I had to retype that like 4 times since I kept doubling or leaving off a letter. xO_Ox)

Attached is a save with the problematic dialogue on screen.

DraKalicDM

Jan 29, 2018
I can not wait to see where this goes, I am curios to see if this will be a love story or maybe darker. Either way Do we have a confirmed date for next update?, since this is over real fast and I want something to sink my teeth into and really get a feel for, however that being said it is showing a lot of promise with the 15 minutes of game play thus far.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
One small suggestion. I like when I can name characters, but I hate when I have to. Some default names would be nice.

Also, as was already mentioned, images do look quite dark. All of them, compared to other games. Especially in those lights-off ones there's barely anything to see. I have a street lamp in front of my window IRL, and I hate that thing. But street lamp in front of MC's window would be the greatest thing. :)

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
One small suggestion. I like when I can name characters, but I hate when I have to. Some default names would be nice.

Also, as was already mentioned, images do look quite dark. All of them, compared to other games. Especially in those lights-off ones there's barely anything to see. I have a street lamp in front of my window IRL, and I hate that thing. But street lamp in front of MC's window would be the greatest thing. :)
I'll do what I can. Most of my images for 0.2 are done already so maybe I'll try to change it up a bit for 0.3. It looked more realistic to me when I rendered them out. I'll see what I can do but for me at least, to much light just looks un realistic but i'm still learning here so I do appreciate the feedback. It def helps for future development.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Well, it's just one person's opinion, two persons' in total so far, so that does not make it universal truth. I can't argue with realism, if there's dark night, then those images are fine (and bathroom can be explained with crappy power saving lightbulb :)). The question is, if perhaps in some cases a little less realism could be better. But don't think about it too much.

Aug 8, 2017
I'll do what I can. Most of my images for 0.2 are done already so maybe I'll try to change it up a bit for 0.3. It looked more realistic to me when I rendered them out. I'll see what I can do but for me at least, to much light just looks un realistic but i'm still learning here so I do appreciate the feedback. It def helps for future development.
If you want lighting tips, this month's New User Challenge theme is lighting, so the top post has a bunch of links on the subject.
(I'm learning DAZ, myself.)

One thing I've noted is that getting a scene set in the dark to look right is a challenge. Too bright, and it either looks washed out or like daylight. Too little, and parsing details is strenuous, if the details are even visible.

Personally, I think your images are fine; at least when viewed splashed across a decently-sized screen in a dark room. But I've always been a fan of darkness, so I doubt I'm a fair judge.

Some things you can try:
  • Use cooler, blue tones for night time. Check out (Warning, evil website)
  • For most scenes, try additional diffuse lights. For example, a lamp with a shade, so the light we see from it bounced off a wall or piece of furniture. Or, turn on the lights in an adjacent (but out of frame) room.
  • Look for HDRI night skies. IRL, we get a lot of light from all over the sky, even at night. This helps cut down on hard-edged, pitch-black shadows. This will especially help scenes without much foreground lighting.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes