RPGM Abandoned A Last Effort 2 [v0.8] [Vastitas]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
I had to google both entries...Yume Nikki at least to Wikipedia seems to have a pretty unique plot which I do fancy and Edvard Munch " the scream"...120 million bucks at Sotheby's damn I shouldn't create this one for free I guess:coldsweat:
oh man I really wanted to talk about the game instead of the art...again but yeah...that is not the part closest to realism...social interaction is...one last time concerning art...when I started out creating episode 1 I couldn't draw a straight line by now I am past what you see here in episode 2 which is 4 month away from being complete tops so if this isn't enough to give the actual game a try well lean back ignore the thread and tune back in once I show the next stage being episode 3...if that still looks like yet
Another game that looks like school boys that never took an art class did the art work...
well...never in history you had more alternatives to this one so what's stopping you...go for them instead....as unpopular as it is...and no matter how good I ever become drawing wise...story over art anytime it is for me and this one...and just to be clear...I would not pay a penny for the scream by Edvard Munch but I would resell that creepiness for sureXD

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
I like the concept, but the arts so bad I cant bring myself to download it. Its like playing a game illustrated by a drunk student of Chigall.

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
I actually like the game, the art is good enough to support the story, which is the strongest point of this game, if a scene is well written it's enough for me, also you can see a big improvement from episode 1.
My problem is that episode 2 looks a little more confusing than the first one, I mean, many times I got the impression I was missing some scenes..

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
My problem is that episode 2 looks a little more confusing than the first one, I mean, many times I got the impression I was missing some scenes..
First off that one is likely...9 branches by now intertwining with mentions from episode 1...
however it can at times also be my fault you feel that way...the last update I do...just as last time around with episode 1 will be the fine tuning...the reason for that mostly being the workload...50 characters...again...9 branches within the 2 main branches and my undying will to push out updates with as much content as possible do take a toll even though I have written the main plot in advance some sub plots kinda just happened and need a little integration once I am done with the main work on this one...at least I test every event in advance...no bugfix version 1,2,3,4 being the result....and again...
a drunk student of Chigall.
I had to google the man...a real artist that one...probably with a drug addiction but hey I see a lot of creativity and most of all originality in his work for sure...

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Am digging these episodes. Nice story and damn Daniel can not make a right choice no matter how he tries.. LOL
He tries hard...but his sex-drive betrays him a little...same goes for Terell...
Hopefully she'll leave her husband and the mc can romance her instead of her sister.
I don't play spoilers but you get your answer in this update...at least in part...
thanks for the review,
that function is not used enough in any of these projects on here.;)

Reactions: bobhope2k3

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
doin a good job bud, the game itself is actually rather involved ( for all of thost that are whinging about the art ) give it a try, found myself actually reading whats going on rather than just skipping through, keep it up, wana see what else is in store for the rest :)
Well said, i feel the same way.If a game has a good story it will not be reliant on expert images. I like the games look throughout.

Reactions: Aegipan

TrashBoss

Oct 8, 2017
There is no logic as to why the uncanny valley turns me on so much
I've passed the threshold and ascended, Forever turned on by only the weird and unnatural

Great work so far, I appreciate you being one of the many reasons my parents would never respect me

Reactions: Aegipan

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
the uncanny valley
Well I plan to leave the valley latest with episode 3...

With this series you can see the progression...from episode 1 (total noob of arts) to episode 2 ( huge step forward still not satisfied in the slightest...) to episode 3 ( which is month away - this just being a teaser of art refinement in progress)
maybe some day when you play one of my games and your parents get wind of it again they won't think of you as a pervert but ask for the game instead...I do hope you are older than 18:coldsweat:

Nice, any idea how to unlock the gallery?
You gotta play for 5 minutes till you get the scene in the mess hall...the first door to access the gallery is to be found there...if you go up the steps you may speak to the guy in-front of the computer after that you can cheat to get full access to every animation available in the gallery.

Reactions: bobhope2k3

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I like the story, and the art is not that bad. Reminds me of that game where that dude turns into the mother of all demons and Lucifer is her bitch. Great job, but kinda confused how the wife plays back. I thought she was not there in the first episode. Confused. I am on Mary's path.

marknutt

Oct 29, 2017
First post on the site and I have to say I'm impressed with the narrative and everything else in the game. I definitely went to see you more of your work and improvement of this game, and future titles. I would give encouraging words like fuck the haters and keep on killing the game like no one else, but I'm pretty sure you already know that. Can't wait see what you're gonna pull off in the future.

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
I thought she was not there in the first episode. Confused
Which is why the relationship with Mary is a secret...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This art so creepy :pokerFace:
Damn and that from someone who uses a DoD avatar...those black creatures that haunt everyone in their sleep...that's what I call creepy...if you do not play the game because the art is too bad for you...you have to find something more to your liking elsewhere buddy in these times it isn't hard to find I guess never before I have seen so many adult games just
pic one that fits your taste.

I would give encouraging words like fuck the haters and keep on killing the game like no one else, but I'm pretty sure you already know that.
It doesn't hurt to hear but you are right of course as I said in another thread...positive or negative a good post gives constructive feedback if one writes a comment like "Your game sucks" I take it like the meaningless response that it is...

PREHISTORY ARTWORK XD
I agree...it's hand made...some sketches even went on paper first and the animations are drawn frame by frame although that stops soon:OhMyGoodness:...still...after I went onboard with the initial hype of 3D I gotta say 2D is where the heart is and I am not planning to exchange my "creepy" style for a more generic DAZ ( it all looks the same to me-personal view by now-) one....the amount of comments made since I first opened this thread stating the same over....and over again without a hint towards other aspects of the game does one thing and one thing only:'(....haha just kidding...it encourages me to keep drawing:closedeyesmile:

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
I am really digging two sides of the story, bad thing is I played the good guy in ep 1 ( No hanky panky ) so when you go to ep2 you are scolded as a bad guy. Maybe later you can make an intro like did you do this or that. For example did you cheat or not.

Running into a loop bug. When Akemi announces she is preggers to the people, she keeps repeating it over and over.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote