RPGM Abandoned A Last Effort 2 [v0.8] [Vastitas]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Found a bug in Mary's route, after getting the key to free Chelsea, a dialogue script between Mio/Maria start when you're transported to the new location. After the script you can keep playing Mary's route.
Will look for it thank you...found and fixed that.

how to i get the gallery? and on episode 1 is it possible to get it there too?
There are two doors to access the gallery one in the mess hall (service quarter - beginning) one in main section once you made it into the bunker...( look for the sign that says gallery next to the door)

Dash button is still to slow I'm the person who opens up cheat engine and x5 everything but the new version of rpgm crashes every time I do that so sad face
Personally I bump into walls constantly on the highest setting but well...if you activate Dash always and use the mouse it's
a bit faster although the "mouse feature" in RPGMaker isn't really reliable...
if more of you feel this way I might add the option to choose speed in the beginning of the game.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Will look for it thank you...found and fixed that.
Playing the Path without Mary, I was advancing things with Maria, staying away from the rest of females and breaking with Mio, but after the 20 days jump I can't find Maria anywhere nor do I know how to progress further. It's her route incomplete?

Reactions: The-real-Vastitas

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
breaking with Mio
Wrong turn...the activated dialogue on Mary's route (bug) you found is the beginning of Maria's route...incomplete in version 0.4 nothing will happen yet but you need to stick to Mio and try your luck with Maria at the same time...till that dialogue happens.

Reactions: Ragnar

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
To think that pic is around for awhile now even on Deviantart and you two are the first to notice...

I salute you two...

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017

As I mentioned in the change-log I am currently reworking the vanilla menu as the RPG elements are of no use for this game anyways.

woody

Jan 31, 2017
will watch this develop was going well but not being able to save was a bummer all i got @ every ale console was a blank save & a buzzing sound

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Did you follow the install advise?

1- Extract to desired location.
2- In the same location as ALE2v.0.5.exe create a folder named www now create another folder named save within the www folder
3- Click on "ALE2v.0.5.exe" to start playing.

Once you do that you get the option to save or load on every console which basically is a simply script call right now.

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Please suggest more games like this one: one with good story and exploring RPG elements.
As my main goal since the beginning was to create something different to the ones I've played over the years that is no easy task (realism isn't exactly popular) but good RPGMaker games are : the Legend of Queen Opala series, Roundscape Andorevia, The Humbling Experience, Gates of the Opening, College Life, Peasant's Quest, The New Life or a rather new title
I tried recently called town of passion to name a few I enjoyed in part or fully...
maybe some Japanese titles are closer to this one but I haven't played enough of them so I can't name any...
if someone knows anything similar to A Last Effort I would be certainly interested to know about it myself.

Next update for A.L.E: 01/25/2018 (Patreon only for now can't name a date for a public release yet)

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
For those who wonder not following Patreon posts...I am still on it;) the next public release will be around the 25th this month featuring the most sex oriented update to date v.0.6...v.0.7 will be released for patrons on the same day with more than 90 frame by frame drawn animations....

Change-log v0.6: 34 new animations / intro of the last 3 branches with available ladies of this episode = 9 available roads within the 2 main branches and to some maybe the most important part...the menu has reached it's final form meaning save/load via esc is back....if you want you may still use the in-game consoles to save/load.

Reactions: Aegipan and UncleVT

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017
more like expressionism than realism to me, reminds me of the painting "the scream" by Edvard Munch, at least you're in good company on the art department, sorry to say I can't get hard on this one though :)

Forgepuppy

Oct 6, 2017
Another game that looks like school boys that never took an art class did the art work...

"The Scream" indeed! Aaah! Runs away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote