VN Ren'Py A Fortnight at Frenni Fazclaire's [v0.3.1 Alpha] [NIGHT FOX Works]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Basty96

May 4, 2017
Personally, I do agree that being able to name ones own character would be a nice way to feel a bit more immersed.
However, I also think that having pre-named character with their own history is interesting in its own right, as instead of being a no-name self insert, you can assume the role of an actual person in this world, which I think gives the player character a greater sense of significance to the world around them. I also think it could allow for some interesting story decisions later on. (I am aware that this story is based on or at least inspired by another fnaf game, but I haven't spoiled myself nor do I plan on it, so all of the story stuff is new to me.)
what do you mean "inspired by another Fnaf game"? the dev already stated that before it became a VN it was a CYOA novel

The good news is that one possible route through the VN has already been completed. It was a CYOA over on Fiction.live that was so popular that I said "Fuck it, let's try a VN". I'll link it below, but be warned: There are HEAVY spoilers. However, even if you do spoil yourself, there's going to be a whole slew of new content/story to explore all those possibilities that weren't possible/chosen in the CYOA.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Speaking of news - the coding side of v0.2.0 is already done. I'm just waiting on art assets to roll in for the most part. There will also likely be a Russian translation available, though the guy who volunteered to do the Spanish translation ghosted without a trace so I'm still looking for someone(s) to do that.

P3PS1MAN

Oct 23, 2023
what do you mean "inspired by another Fnaf game"? the dev already stated that before it became a VN it was a CYOA novel
My bad, I was completely unaware of that, I only really knew this there was some other project involved in the creation of this ones story, so I assumed it to be some other game I didn't know. Honest mistake on my part

Amord

Jan 18, 2021
Eagerly looking forward to the new version of this! And the CYOA is extremely interesting too. I'm interested in seeing how far the VN goes, as well as how radically different things can play out because of the difference of the mediums.

As well, to throw my own hat into the ring regarding the player character and a custom name... I don't think being able to set the name to something you prefer would really take away from it feeling like the character is a part of that world. People aren't asking for the Protagonist to be a totally mute, blank slate self-insert for the player.

For a thought experiment, just imagine editing the character's name yourself, but leaving everything else in the VN's story untouched. Does it really take away the importance of the choices and decisions you make? Is the Protagonist any less of a character than they were before? And you could still keep the current name as the default, for those that don't care about that.

That's my two cents, anyway. It's not THAT big of a deal if I can't change the main character's name, but I think it would be nice to have the option at least. For some, such a little thing can help a great deal for immersion.

Crocodeeznutz

May 9, 2023
if people are complaining about changing the name just leave a default name for the character for the people that don't want it i've seen other renpy games have that feature

AlliebuttDK

Jun 8, 2021
While I do agree that I prefer being able to name the MC of the games I play by default, it isn't a deal-breaker for me. Especially when there's plenty of plug-ins I guess, that people have made which allows you to change the name of any character in a Ren'py game. Hell, I'll even tag one on here for the people that really have their panties in a bunch because they can't rename the MC.

I basically just change any name that doesn't fit my needs for an MC, and change it to whatever I wanna use. Asking a dev to change their naming decisions is just fine, but if the dev goes "Well, I don't plan to do that, so the name will be set" then just respect it rather than continuing to hound them about it. You won't change their decision, so whining about it generally only makes you look like a greedy child who isn't satisfied by getting to play a game someone put a ton of work into for free. So here it is, so y'all can finally leave hard working devs in peace. Simply edit the name in the notepad++ file to fit whatever you want, and drop it into the folder named game afterwards.

Also, I agree with other people about the name thing. It's a first person perspective game, but unless your name is Josh Black, it really throws you off whenever a name comes up. And it doesn't make sense not to add the option since 99% of H game let you name the character. It's just weird and makes me think the developer's name is Josh since there's no real reason to be so opposed to the idea of name choice.
That's.... Just patently false. The ability to name the MC is more common with male MC's than female ones I'll give you that much, but even with male MC's it's definitely not 99%. Don't go spewing BS just to try and fit your narrative. Hell, I'd be generous if I said that even 25% allows you to do that.

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
I was able to get lexy, but I can't figure out how to get the lexy & zero scene that was alluded in the gallery

AtomicFire

Nov 15, 2017
I was able to get lexy, but I can't figure out how to get the lexy & zero scene that was alluded in the gallery
I didn't get the early Lexy interaction, as i was being nice to all the girls and helping them. Figured i would start there before i go on.

I worked with zero till i had enough supernatural XP to get access to the magic shop during your day off and grab the expensive necklace from there to set ya up on the path for it. I'm not sure exactly how much, but i think it was around 400-500 supernatural research.

hope that helps

Last edited:

bl00gs

Jun 10, 2018
seems the reseach can be a bit buggy , iv maxed missings persons once and found who they all are and a 2nd time i dont know who fexi and frenni are its kinda ....annoying even mroe so wen im trying to get zero and lexi

Night Fox Works

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2023
seems the reseach can be a bit buggy , iv maxed missings persons once and found who they all are and a 2nd time i dont know who fexi and frenni are its kinda ....annoying even mroe so wen im trying to get zero and lexi
For that you should refer to one of my blog posts about the subject. I'll replicate the relevant parts here:

drargrorn

Nov 4, 2022
anyone know how to get the different texts from the girls? I've gotten a pic from Foxy and Chika but can't get the other two

Gogeta68

Jan 19, 2018
I didn't get the early Lexy interaction, as i was being nice to all the girls and helping them. Figured i would start there before i go on.

I worked with zero till i had enough supernatural XP to get access to the magic shop during your day off and grab the expensive necklace from there to set ya up on the path for it. I'm not sure exactly how much, but i think it was around 400-500 supernatural research.

hope that helps
so what exacltly did you do?
did you ignored all the girls (except zero), researched supernatural, then?
im trying to get the zero Lexy but not luck

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes