README Tool RPGM A better RPGM MTL: A comprehensive guide to translating with the Machine.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Quick question for Translators who manually translate everything, do you guys just translate every text in the common events tab and playtest the game to see if the translation works?

I want the player reading experience for the game I have to be well translated and make sense. So I plan to translate a portion of the game and then play the game myself the test the reading quality of it, then continue translating the next section of the game and repeat.
It's just that the dialogues in the common events tab are so scattered, I'm not sure if I can go through with my plan or just translate everything and then fix errors when replaying the whole game later.
Generally my process is to translate everything and then do a playthrough and edit pass where I play the game and have my edit window open on the other monitor to search for phrases that didn't work. Especially for games that have some narrative complexity, it's rather helpful to, when you're doing edits in Chapter 1, know what is going to happen in the final chapter and have already made naming choices that far ahead. Helps to provide coherence that doing a chapter by chapter translation doesn't allow.

Once you understand the syntax of RPGM, and know for instance what codes to touch, and what codes not to touch, as well as what kind of syntax breaks the game and what is allowed, you can do a lot less guess-and-checking and move with a bit more certainty.

LewdSpirit

Jul 26, 2022
Call me crazy, but I'm using a combo of Translation++ and DeepL to do some more comprehensive translating. I have a somewhat of a good knowledge of Japanese and can translate in more fluidly. Could be quite the ordeal to take on, but better than just batch translating and calling it a day

Reactions: TechnoParagon

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
Perhaps this might be helpful to some. Since it's basically standard across all RPG Maker games. Here is all the battle text translated:

Always Dash : Always Dash
Remember Command : Remember Command
BGM Volume : BGM Volume
BGS Volume : BGS Volume
ME Volume : ME Volume
SE Volume : SE Volume
Possession: Own
EXP Total : Total %1
EXP Next : Until Next %1
Save Message : Which slot do you wish to save into?
Load Message : Which slot do you wish to load?
File : File
Party Name : %1
Emerge : %1 has appeared!
Preemptive : %1 has the first move!
Surprise : %1 was caught off guard!
Escape Start : %1 tries to escape!
Escape Fail : Escape attempt failed!
Victory : %1 is victorious!
Defeat : %1 has been defeated.
Obtain EXP : Gained %1 %2!
Obtain Gold : %1\G obtained!
Level Up : %1 has risen to %2 %3!
Obtain Skill : Learned %1!
Use Item : %1 used %2!
Critical to Enemy : Landed a critical hit!
Critical to Actor : Took a critical hit!
Actor Damage : %1 received %2 damage!
Actor Recovery : %1's has recovered %3 %2!
Actor Gain : %1's %2 has increased by %3!
Actor Loss : %1's %2 has decreased by %3!
Actor Drain : %1's %2 has decreased by %3!
Actor No Damage : %1 didn't take any damage!
Actor No Hit : Missed! %1 didn't take any damage!
Enemy Damage : %1 received %2 damage!
Enemy Recovery : %1 recovered %3 %2!
Enemy Gain : %1's %2 has increased by %3!
Enemy Loss : %1's %2 has decreased by %3!
Enemy Drain : %1's %2 has decreased by %3!
Enemy No Damage : %1 didn't take any damage!
Enemy No Hit : Missed! %1 didn't take any damage!
Evasion : %1 evaded the attack!
Magic Evasion : %1 resisted the magic attack!
Magic Reflection : %1 reflected the magic attack!
Counter Attack : %1 counterattacks!
Substitute : %1 protected %2!
Buff Add : %1's %2 has increased!
Debuff Add : %1's %2 has decreased!
Buff Remove : %1's %2 returned to normal!
Action Failure : %1 resisted the effects!

All this has been tested and works perfectly fine. Hopefully this is helpful and saves some of you some time. :HideThePain:

Reversedh

Dec 11, 2018
I'm using Translator++ because, listen - i am not that advanced programmer dude like everybody else, also this Ruby stuff does nothing for me, i am too dumb to use that. I gonna look at RVPacker now, if this doesn't work i just give up translating 100% and just translate everything that is possible with Translator++

--- EDIT ---

Fuck this shit, RVPacker looks like a script or ruby stuff thing? Okay fuck all this shit. Just gonna translate what i can translate with Translator++

Just wish someone would program a ALL-IN-ONE Tool for translating RPGMaker Games. A Tool that really extract everything of the game you need to translate :/ Seems Translator++ can't encrypt everything -.-
:( i'm that guy too, reading all these programing stuff really bug out my head... can't we have a decent translating app that can magically translate everything with a button ? ...

Reactions: bazelgeuse

Talk the Talk

Oct 12, 2022
I went about translating a game manually through RPG Maker and tabbing back and forth between translator sites.
I couldn't figure out how to use T++ to open the Common Events to translate. It just got most of the stuff players wouldn't see anyway.

Spinxas

Apr 7, 2019
Is there any way to unpack VX ACE Audio/se.bin file? Seems that file is 400MB (hence I believe all voice acting is there), but any decoder for RGSS3A ignores the Audio folder. Without unpacking facing the issue that by not having locale emulator (because compressed files use Japanese characters) the game would error out.

phr1510

Dec 22, 2019
guys help
am trying to translate this game with translator ++
i select all in the menu, there is one which is already 100 percent

but the problem is that after translating and playing
my characters are multiply by many different type
in this case, the mc, the fmc, but followed with 3 different (clothes) fmc
and that error
i just learnt that the error MAY mean 2 or more plugin not allowed.

Alturistix

Jul 13, 2018
guys help
am trying to translate this game with translator ++
i select all in the menu, there is one which is already 100 percent

but the problem is that after translating and playing
my characters are multiply by many different type
in this case, the mc, the fmc, but followed with 3 different (clothes) fmc
and that error
i just learnt that the error MAY mean 2 or more plugin not allowed.
Translator++ prompts you whether to translate .js files right at the beginning. Some plugins will break due to translation and how rpgmaker scripts work. Do you have a backup of your js folder?

Jimmyodi841

May 4, 2018
I have a question.
Example:
I translate a game directly in the RPG Maker MV program and I'm done with it.
But the creator releases a new version of the game.

How can I pass the translation to the new version, to only translate the new content?

I don't know if I explain myself well, sorry.

phr1510

Dec 22, 2019
Just press cancel here. It wont cancel the translation, just wont take the js files, only the json files. You only want to translate the json files anyways.
the problem is that the game wont open after translating, it changes and say your pc cant open this type

Alturistix

Jul 13, 2018
the problem is that the game wont open after translating, it changes and say your pc cant open this type
Did you try again on clean files, or the files from previous session? Also can you attach the screenshot of that error as well?
Drop me the link to the game as well, I'll look over it and see if something in the json files is breaking.

May 21, 2018
I want to translate Chainsaw Man: Hot Spring Travel into Spanish, but when I follow your tutorial, this appears:
1679258639270.png

I have already decrypted the game with "EnigmaVBUnpacker", in the image, I'm in the common events section,
but nothing appears to translate

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
I want to translate Chainsaw Man: Hot Spring Travel into Spanish, but when I follow your tutorial, this appears:
View attachment 2480550

I have already decrypted the game with "EnigmaVBUnpacker", in the image, I'm in the common events section,
but nothing appears to translate
Join the discord and ask for help there
Also it looks like the game you are trying to translate might be use any common events. Which kind of sucks. But I would need more info though to be sure. But yeah join the discord and ask there.

Reactions: Luxtos Wheater
May 21, 2018
Join the discord and ask for help there
Also it looks like the game you are trying to translate might be use any common events. Which kind of sucks. But I would need more info though to be sure. But yeah join the discord and ask there.
I'm already in the discord group hehe...in fact, I already put it in the "rpgm" section
1679259575776.png