• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

README Tool RPGM A better RPGM MTL: A comprehensive guide to translating with the Machine.

yaboidickweed

May 22, 2018
I'm trying to translate unfinished parts of "Marriage or Pervert" since I couldn't find a good patch, and I can't seem to find where the untranslated part (the sex stat tracker) is located. Is there a good way to track it down?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'm trying to translate unfinished parts of "Marriage or Pervert" since I couldn't find a good patch, and I can't seem to find where the untranslated part (the sex stat tracker) is located. Is there a good way to track it down?
It's probably a plugin, so either in Data/Scripts or www/js/plugins.

If it's using VXAce, it'll probably be one of the numbered plugins (_.1.rb).

If you have some key words or use the Japanese that's displayed, the easiest way would be to open all the script files in a text editor like Notepad++ and search all open documents.

Reactions: yaboidickweed

yaboidickweed

May 22, 2018
It's probably a plugin, so either in Data/Scripts or www/js/plugins.

If it's using VXAce, it'll probably be one of the numbered plugins (_.1.rb).

If you have some key words or use the Japanese that's displayed, the easiest way would be to open all the script files in a text editor like Notepad++ and search all open documents.
Thanks for the tip. It turned out to be an image that I had to translate and shop, go figure. But now I know how to fix a similar problem in other games where it's not that simple, so thanks.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Thanks for the tip. It turned out to be an image that I had to translate and shop, go figure. But now I know how to fix a similar problem in other games where it's not that simple, so thanks.
Yeah sometimes they are images so they are kinda harder to find and tl.

corinthiano

Oct 20, 2019
cara eu tentei traduzir um jogo ren py na minha língua (português) tudo travou, mas é uma ótima ferramenta

Mar 29, 2018
Hello!

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I want to translate RPG games from japanese to English / French so this will be a huge help!
I've already started a translation with Translator++ but I guess I should use the same method as most people in case I need some help.

I've followed the steps and it is working, yay! However, images are not showing in the RPGmaker project and I was wondering where I could find an explanation for turning off the encryption of images?

Anyway thanks for the tutorial. I hope I can post a translation here someday! :D

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hello!

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I want to translate RPG games from japanese to English / French so this will be a huge help!
I've already started a translation with Translator++ but I guess I should use the same method as most people in case I need some help.

I've followed the steps and it is working, yay! However, images are not showing in the RPGmaker project and I was wondering where I could find an explanation for turning off the encryption of images?

Anyway thanks for the tutorial. I hope I can post a translation here someday! :D
What engine is the game you are translating? That will depend on how you go about disabling the encryption.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm using RPGM MV.

It would be more convenient to see the images, at least at first.
I believe I cover that in the guide, however if not basically what you have to do is use the following site to extract the images. All of them and I mean ALL of them:

After decrypting all the images and adding them to your game you need to go into system.json and edit the following line:

1618955307633.png if the encryption is on it will say "true" you just have to change it from true to false. that will allow the images to no longer be encrypted. if it works you will see them in the engine, if not you will see just greyed out boxes.

Mar 29, 2018
I believe I cover that in the guide, however if not basically what you have to do is use the following site to extract the images. All of them and I mean ALL of them:

After decrypting all the images and adding them to your game you need to go into system.json and edit the following line:

View attachment 1153652 if the encryption is on it will say "true" you just have to change it from true to false. that will allow the images to no longer be encrypted. if it works you will see them in the engine, if not you will see just greyed out boxes.
I see, maybe I've missed it, my bad.

Anyway, I've decrypted some files and it seems to have worked!

Thanks a lot! :D

Reactions: Silentce

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
The OP said it was possible to edit translation of RPG Maker MV games using Notepad++, anyone know how to do that?

I have an RPG Maker MV game, and it's not in the game_boxed.exe format, it's exe & www folder are exposed, that means it's unencrypted/extracted right? Where are the language files that can be opened using notepad++?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
The OP said it was possible to edit translation of RPG Maker MV games using Notepad++, anyone know how to do that?

I have an RPG Maker MV game, and it's not in the game_boxed.exe format, it's exe & www folder are exposed, that means it's unencrypted/extracted right? Where are the language files that can be opened using notepad++?
Yep. They are mostly going to be in www/data, the various .json files you find there will contain all the things to translate. Be careful to not translate every Japanese phrase, because some of them are used as internal switches, not displayed text and you can break the game translating them.

There are also going to be some parts that need translating in www/js and www/js/plugins, usually relating to menu layout and unique mechanics.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Yep. They are mostly going to be in www/data, the various .json files you find there will contain all the things to translate. Be careful to not translate every Japanese phrase, because some of them are used as internal switches, not displayed text and you can break the game translating them.

There are also going to be some parts that need translating in www/js and www/js/plugins, usually relating to menu layout and unique mechanics.
What's odd, is that initially, those JSON files in the www\data folder weren't decrypted, but at the same time didn't have the dialogue of the game. It's only when I used Translator++ to open that game and export, did it manage to get the dialogue to show in those JSON files; Map004.json, Map005.json, etc.

Basically, when I downloaded the RPG Maker MV game, I couldn't see the dialogue in the www\data JSON files, but after I opened the game in Translator++, it did something and the dialogue in the JSON files became exposed after I exported. Is that normal?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
What's odd, is that initially, those JSON files in the www\data folder weren't decrypted, but at the same time didn't have the dialogue of the game. It's only when I used Translator++ to open that game and export, did it manage to get the dialogue to show in those JSON files; Map004.json, Map005.json, etc.

Basically, when I downloaded the RPG Maker MV game, I couldn't see the dialogue in the www\data JSON files, but after I opened the game in Translator++, it did something and the dialogue in the JSON files became exposed after I exported. Is that normal?
I haven't used Translator++, but I assume it rearranges the original JSON files to make them more readable. The way they are displayed is with basically one long ass line of code for each event. The dialogue is in there, it's just extremely hard to read as a human. It could also have to do with UTF encoding issues that Translator++ fixes, I find Notepad++ can sometimes mess up, especially RPGM files that have lots of English characters and UTF-8 JPN characters, and it will display in the wrong encoding.

Phaz91

Jun 10, 2021
Is there a way to do word wrapping via Notepad++?
I don't own the RPG Maker engine and most of the game's dialogue I'm working on is in json files that translator++ can't handle.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Is there a way to do word wrapping via Notepad++?
I don't own the RPG Maker engine and most of the game's dialogue I'm working on is in json files that translator++ can't handle.
View > Word Wrap is an option in Notepad++.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phaz91

Jun 10, 2021
That Word Wrap doesn't help much as I need to add "\n" for newlines in the game.
I could use it as a visual help, but I'd still have to add every "\n" manually, at least that's how I see it.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
That Word Wrap doesn't help much as I need to add "\n" for newlines in the game.
I could use it as a visual help, but I'd still have to add every "\n" manually, at least that's how I see it.
You mean Word Wrap for the in-game display then? Nothing from Notepad++ is going to be indicative of how it looks in-game.

There are plugins for RPGM games you can add that will automatically wrap text in-game if that's what you're looking for.

Phaz91

Jun 10, 2021
You mean Word Wrap for the in-game display then? Nothing from Notepad++ is going to be indicative of how it looks in-game.

There are plugins for RPGM games you can add that will automatically wrap text in-game if that's what you're looking for.
Ah, okay. I'm not the creator of the game, so I have no idea how adding plugins works.
I also have no experience with the RPGM engines.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Ah, okay. I'm not the creator of the game, so I have no idea how adding plugins works.
I also have no experience with the RPGM engines.
Scratch that, misread the OP. Silentce probably knows how to add that script without RPGM MV. It would just be editting some files elsewhere.