README Tool RPGM A better RPGM MTL: A comprehensive guide to translating with the Machine.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Scratch that, misread the OP. Silentce probably knows how to add that script without RPGM MV. It would just be editting some files elsewhere.
Correct, you need to add the plugin. then edit the plugin then add a script to the plugin.js file to allow that plugin to properly "load" the plugin on launch. never tried it myself but theoretically it shouldn't be a problem if you do everything required.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I'm working on Hounds of the Meteor.

The file structure is a bit awkward--there's multiple .txt files within a folder which is within another folder.

So, for example, I'd have

1.txt
2.txt
3.txt

inside a folder called [Talk1].

Then the folder structure is:
Talk1
Talk2
Talk3

Inside a larger folder called:

TalkScene

Currently, I highlight the 3 txt files, drag them to Notepad++, then manually translate. However, this is a bit slow, especially as I have to go through many [subfolders].

Dragging the subfolders into Notepad++ doesn't work too well--while it does display them and their directory tree, I still have to manually click each .txt file, so it's basically another windows explorer.

Is there a faster way to open all the txt files within a subfolder within a subfolder within a subfolder without manually having to search through each one?

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Dunno if it's already stated here but if you get the Init Error (Initial.Json not found) in Translator++, try to shorten (or rename even) the Folder Location of the file being translated.

Fauser123

Jan 1, 2021
Use RPGMaker Trans (unmodded games) or Gaijinizer (modded games) for RPG Maker VX Ace. This way you don't need to edit the game files directly. If you do an MTL and are editing the games directly then you are doing it wrong. Also, don't be lazy and have a script check for text length, no one likes words spilling out of windows. As an MTLor you should have tools. If you have no skill in both English and Programming, do not do an MTL.

I do recommend trying to MTL RPGM Japanese default database/scripts and comparing it to the English RPGM. You will come to understand a few things.

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
I've run into a problem translating Succubus Quest. I've managed to extract the game well enough, but the problem arises when I try to open a project in RPGMakerXP. The first thing it does is delete the archive to prevent malfunction, and at first I thought "Well that's not bad, it's not supposed to be there in the first place." But then as soon as I tried running it, it said that "File Graphics/Pictures/Title_IllustBig wasn't found"
1648039614687.png
Restoring the encrypted file seems to fix the issue, but the only way to use RPGMakerXP is to delete it to prevent malfunction. The best I've been able to figure is looking at the script where the file is called, over here.
1648039773953.png
But since I have no idea how to use RPGMaker, I wouldn't know how to solve this problem.

Edit: (Nevermind, it turns out that I didn't extract things properly, so the extracted Graphics weren't put where they were supposed to.)

Last edited:

KeyBoard76Vis

Mar 31, 2022
Anyone help me? I already decrypted the game but when I want to open it with the rpg maker mv, no project appears in the www folder?

F14m3rz

Oct 20, 2017
Hey guys, so there's this weird bug I've encountered. If you do manage to translate Succubus Quest with Translate++, it doesn't carry over any of the M's.
1651598124252.png
Everything's fine in the translation patch
1651598189055.png
And RPGMaker XP doesn't show anything weird.
1651598236919.png

But whatever the case may be, playing the game itself, it just doesn't seem to like the letter "m" (even playtesting it doesn't work).
1651598326290.png

Any ideas?

pb_2006

Feb 19, 2019
Got a question i use MTool and it's quite ok not the best but still better to run this than games in japanese..

Could anyone give any thoughts about this tool?

Reactions: oohprettyflowers

thelab

Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys i have a problem, im trying to translate a game for the first time, but when i open the game on Translate++, the map files don't have any written to translate it just the name EV00X

Anyone know where i can find the actualy the game text to translate?
I can't find it

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Hey guys i have a problem, im trying to translate a game for the first time, but when i open the game on Translate++, the map files don't have any written to translate it just the name EV00X

Anyone know where i can find the actualy the game text to translate?
I can't find it
Some games don't put text in the Map files, other in others the maps won't have anything. Usually, texts will be stored in CommonEvents. In rare cases, there are also games that use Scenario.json, or other custom files.

Reactions: thelab

Tabszoid

May 23, 2022
Quick question for Translators who manually translate everything, do you guys just translate every text in the common events tab and playtest the game to see if the translation works?

I want the player reading experience for the game I have to be well translated and make sense. So I plan to translate a portion of the game and then play the game myself the test the reading quality of it, then continue translating the next section of the game and repeat.
It's just that the dialogues in the common events tab are so scattered, I'm not sure if I can go through with my plan or just translate everything and then fix errors when replaying the whole game later.

Reactions: bazelgeuse