• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I hate to satisfy the desire for popcorn, but honestly, I'm really tired of this kind of legalistic wrangling to make something "technically not NTR" but still intended to provoke jealousy. That's why the tag is defined the way it is. The "netorare" tag here on F95 includes many things that are technically negorare, but it also includes a lot of things that aren't technically netorare. It's also why we can never count on the absence of the tag to actually mean anything. I shouldn't have to keep repeating this, since anyone who reads the tag definitions can see it for themselves:
"Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC."
If the character is a romantic interest, and they are (romantically or sexually) involved with someone other than the MC with the designed narrative intent to cause jealousy, it qualifies for the tag. Period. It doesn't matter if it doesn't meet the technical definition of the word "netorare". If a person has a problem with that, they should take it up with staff who make and maintain the tag definitions, not people who don't want to see other dudes' dicks in their LIs to try to make them jealous (whether technically in a relationship or not).

As for this game specifically, while I enjoy BadMustard's other game, the comment about "it's not NTR if they have broken up they do get back together" makes me extremely wary of exactly this kind of attempted legalistic sidestep, and it makes me suspect that, even if it may not NTR by the word's definition, the story could very well match the definition of the F95 tag I posted above. So, definitely not playing this one until it's done or we find out for certain if I'm right.

JadeKitten

Donor
Apr 27, 2017
The text in the center of the screen is pretty much unreadable, and there's a lot of it...

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
I hate to satisfy the desire for popcorn, but honestly, I'm really tired of this kind of legalistic wrangling to make something "technically not NTR" but still intended to provoke jealousy. That's why the tag is defined the way it is. The "netorare" tag here on F95 includes many things that are technically negorare, but it also includes a lot of things that aren't technically netorare. It's also why we can never count on the absence of the tag to actually mean anything. I shouldn't have to keep repeating this, since anyone who reads the tag definitions can see it for themselves:

If the character is a romantic interest, and they are (romantically or sexually) involved with someone other than the MC with the designed narrative intent to cause jealousy, it qualifies for the tag. Period. It doesn't matter if it doesn't meet the technical definition of the word "netorare". If a person has a problem with that, they should take it up with staff who make and maintain the tag definitions, not people who don't want to see other dudes' dicks in their LIs to try to make them jealous (whether technically in a relationship or not).

As for this game specifically, while I enjoy BadMustard's other game, the comment about "it's not NTR if they have broken up they do get back together" makes me extremely wary of exactly this kind of attempted legalistic sidestep, and it makes me suspect that, even if it may not NTR by the word's definition, the story could very well match the definition of the F95 tag I posted above. So, definitely not playing this one until it's done or we find out for certain if I'm right.

They are not hooking up with other people (They both take other lovers) with any intent to make the other (or for that matter anybody jealous) as the story progress you will see it is just them trying to heal and continue on with the lives after what has happened, but I know some who are OMG somebody else stuck their dick in the LI that's NTR

I was trying to get ahead of the problem, and sometimes even my best efforts are a FAIL

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
They are not hooking up with other people (They both take other lovers) with any intent to make the other (or for that matter anybody jealous) as the story progress you will see it is just them trying to heal and continue on with the lives after what has happened, but I know some who are OMG somebody else stuck their dick in the LI that's NTR

I was trying to get ahead of the problem, and sometimes even my best efforts are a FAIL
It's honestly better to just be direct about it like this. Some people dislike that kind of content quite a lot, and knowing ahead of time, they can move on and that's that. You're at a disadvantage that is no fault of your own: other devs have absolutely lied about whether this kind of thing will be in their games, and they've lied about how they plan to present it, so people who dislike this kind of content are very gunshy.

The main issue is that whether the characters intended it to cause jealousy, it's a person's lover having sex and love with other people instead of with them. It's bound to cause jealousy in the player because the kind of time passing that dulls those feelings in the characters doesn't happen for the player, and if a player immerses themselves in the MC, it will feel more immediate and raw regardless of how the characters feel.

So thank you, that's exactly the kind of information I needed to know, and I won't bother you in this thread again. Looking forward to the next AD chapter and your next game after these!

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
EVERYBODY I got the point I had a vision (and it was flawed) I will be moving the text down to the lower portion of the screen (next release) and changing the font and a few other things, so suffer through and grab the next release...

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
It's honestly better to just be direct about it like this. Some people dislike that kind of content quite a lot, and knowing ahead of time, they can move on and that's that. You're at a disadvantage that is no fault of your own: other devs have absolutely lied about whether this kind of thing will be in their games, and they've lied about how they plan to present it, so people who dislike this kind of content are very gunshy.

The main issue is that whether the characters intended it to cause jealousy, it's a person's lover having sex and love with other people instead of with them. It's bound to cause jealousy in the player because the kind of time passing that dulls those feelings in the characters doesn't happen for the player, and if a player immerses themselves in the MC, it will feel more immediate and raw regardless of how the characters feel.

So thank you, that's exactly the kind of information I needed to know, and I won't bother you in this thread again. Looking forward to the next AD chapter and your next game after these!
That's why I made that comment, I wanted people to know that this was in the story and while I don't consider it NTR other might so they can avoid this VN.

I had never thought of that issue before

I have been working on a SciFi harem VN maybe 4 chapters completed, and a plane crash lost on deserted island with girls and some married guys and their wives as well neither have titles just a shitload of dialogue and notes for scenes and character info sheets for me.

I will start working on Almost Dead in June!

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Just so EVERYBODY is aware, the MC and Gwen break up (for reasons)
They both get a new girl and boy friend. They are not doing this to make anybody jealous.
There is sex involved with these others...
They do finally get back together (for reasons)

If this bothers you, then this VN might NOT be for you.
That is all I have to say on that.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Just so EVERYBODY is aware, the MC and Gwen break up (for reasons)
They both get a new girl and boy friend. They are not doing this to make anybody jealous.
There is sex involved with these others...
They do finally get back together (for reasons)

If this bothers you, then this VN might NOT be for you.
That is all I have to say on that.
standing_ovation.gif

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
EVERYBODY I got the point I had a vision (and it was flawed) I will be moving the text down to the lower portion of the screen (next release) and changing the font and a few other things, so suffer through and grab the next release...
Did you consider moving the narrations to the very TOP of the screen? That would seem to me to be easier to handle the variable length of the narrations.

Looking forward to grabbing the next release, whatever you decide to do. I managed to survive the visual problems with the current release, after all. :)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Did you consider moving the narrations to the very TOP of the screen? That would seem to me to be easier to handle the variable length of the narrations.

Looking forward to grabbing the next release, whatever you decide to do. I managed to survive the visual problems with the current release, after all. :)
After a few minutes, I no longer even cared about font, placement or whatever... it was too good.

Ah well... we aren't all the same...

Peace :)

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
So which is it?
It's a kinetic novel, told from two perspectives (his side and her side), and you can choose how the story will read to you;
  • his story first, followed by her story (either all at once, or chapter by chapter)
  • her story first, followed by his story (also either all at once, or chapter by chapter)
  • only his story (skip her side of the story completely)
  • only her story (skip his side of the story)
If you choose both sides, you'll get some repetition, though.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
It's a kinetic novel, told from two perspectives (his side and her side), and you can choose how the story will read to you;
  • his story first, followed by her story (either all at once, or chapter by chapter)
  • her story first, followed by his story (also either all at once, or chapter by chapter)
  • only his story (skip her side of the story completely)
  • only her story (skip his side of the story)
If you choose both sides, you'll get some repetition, though.
Some repetition, but some extra information.

Peace :)

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021

I will all fit on the bottom in the text box and looks better with or without the background
I'm trying to figure out how to make the opacity of the background adjustable by the user
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I will all fit on the bottom in the text box and looks better with or without the background
I'm trying to figure out how to make the opacity of the background adjustable by the user
View attachment 2647377
View attachment 2647378
That'll work.

Please don't listen to those who want you to curb the narrations. It is obviously how you wish to portray this story, and the narrations are really good.

As for animations, they do tend to generate more support. But, again, you do you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
That text is a little bit unreadable, very tiresome for the eyes that white around it, should make the black a little bit thicker, in comparison to the white around it. Or it could use a mod that gives you multiple option.

I know there is an option to make it a little bigger, it's better readable now, but still the black should be a little bit thicker in comparsion to the white, white text, with a small black border is also an option.

Last edited:

etool

Jun 14, 2021
like the story so far ...

I will add this to the watch list ... but I am unsure about the possible future .... not a real fan of seeing Gwen getting 'lewd' with another dude ..... a female yeah, but not a dude

as for the warning of the breakup, I am fine with that, then going their own ways for a time (happens in real life all the time) seeing others is also fine (back story type thing), but I am not sure about wanting the details of her dicking

so far so good, keep doing your thing Dev!

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes