• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

2019 was the worst year for adult gaming

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I knew I was soppy and easy to bring to tears but between Luna's childhood story and Katie's from Where it all Began I think I shed more tears in those few days than I ever have over anything else.
Be assured that you aren't the only one. The 48 years old grown adult I'm supposed to be is still near to tears just thinking about Luna's story...

Exu

Dec 28, 2018
This 2019:

Hailey's Story progressed steady and each update was great (Yeah, last couple of'em included, Bite me).

I discovered Midlife Crisis: A crazy rollercoaster, hilarious 96% of the time, has the best and the worst dad at the same time (For once I didn't mind he put teenage horniness to shame), and plenty of teasing. Frequent updates, lots of content.

Light of my life started, it was insta-love. Heartwarming. Dad is best dad.

Life with Mary ended. Could have been better, but was good enough. Overall a really satisfying experience.

After that one, Likesblondes released Rebirth. I'm hyped 'cause there's been a while since I last played VtM and knowing the dev and since the last update was so awesome, I expect great things from this one.

Sisterly Lust also advanced a lot AND went full-harem (For me at least), which mean I was SO glad the cheating on everyone evolved to something open, honest and way hotter. I guess the end is near for this one, but has been GREAT.

Heavy Five, dammit. Only thing bad 'bout this one, it always leave me craving for the next update.

Triangle also came to an end. Wholesome and sweet conclussion for a wholesome and sweet ride.

The Deluca Family. The updates did worth every second of waiting in-between. Also, the last one left me destroyed (And I love it). Every developer interested in drama could learn a few things about how HopesGaming wrote last update.

I was in love with Alexandra since the first update I played and it made a lot of progress this year. None of the updates was boring.

Also, Unleashed started this year, and I'm keeping an eye on it, has potential to be great.

I'm sure I forgot a couple of games worthy of be included in this list. Anyways, 2019, people.
And that's only for 3DCG Ren'Py games. Worst year, indeed. ;)

Last edited:

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
We still have almost 3 months left in the year. That's still 1/4 of the year. So first of all, it's way too early to make any kind of sweeping declaration about the whole year.
Second of all, you're absolutely wrong. There have been a lot of great new games and updates this year. Overall games collectively have gone up in quality too. Just because a few games you follow didn't update as much as you want, that doesn't make it the "worst" year for the entire adult games community.

If the games you follow aren't updating enough, stop supporting them. More importantly, tell them why you're not supporting them anymore. Then find other games you do like that are active enough for you and support them instead. There are a lot of games that get big and then updates slow to a crawl. Push them to be better. They have enough support that updates should be coming much faster because they have more money than when they started.
What I do every year, I have a clean out of unresponsive devs who don't update, at least Bimonthly for $10 pledges or at least monthly for higher pledges, I even cut a couple off because they were working on stories I didn't like. There are a lot of good devs out there and I have a finite amount to support them with.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
If i watch back what happen in 2019 to many H Games didn't get any update or only a bit, i would say this Year was the worst for h games.

Why ?

Icstor didn't even made 1 update for Milfy City

Summertime Saga will get with version 0.19 only 2 updates in 2019.

My New Life by Beggar of Net was revamped & it was the worst decision.

Nergals Nest showed his true colors and didn't deliever anything at all.

Gumdrop didn't release any update.

Amity Park only got 2 Updates so far in 2019.
I have started in 2019, this cannot be a coincidence.
I have brought DOOOOOOOOM! to this holy place, I am ready to take all the blame for this.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
One thing I have noticed so far is that there appear to be more games than ever coming out but I have not noticed any game that has come out that has really took off in an big way no game like Milfy City or Big Brother etc.

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the winner of the "dumbest thread i've ever laid my eyes upon" award....

Let us recap 2019 so far....

DeLuca Family.
Becoming a Rockstar.
City of Broken Dreamers.
Alison fall of the Apple.
Bad Memories.
Where the Heart is.
Being a DIK.
Where it all Began.
Reluctant Archon.
Last Sovereign progressing nicely.
Offcuts got it's Amy update.
Sisterly Lust will be complete soon.
Parental Love is nearly done.
Renryuu Ascension is coming along well.
Daughter of Essence has had a few updates.
Legend of Queen Opala Origins.
Occultus is almost finished.
Triangle was finished.
Living with Mary was completed.
Rebirth.
Picture Perfect.
Haley's Story (sure it's having a hiccup moment but overall it's been good).
Knights Tale.
Atagenia.
Queen's Curse.
Claire's Quest coming along.
Cockwork Industries.
Come Inside.
Echo's of Lust.
Freeloading Family.
Harem Hotel.
Mythic Manor.

Shit, even Perverted Hotel got an update.

I could list many, many, many more but we'd be here all damn day.

So no, 2019 hasn't been a bad year ya overdramatic nancy.
Chill out dude...

Sometimes completed doesn't mean that its something good.
Icstor completed his games also but it was rushed.

Some games that you listed are bad (renders & quality overall) for example Atagniea, Triangle, Reluctant Archon etc.

When it comes to Freeloading Family, City of broken Dreamers & Badik i need to agree this are great games.

What wonders me is that you & all others didn't mentioned Insexual Awakening, Dark Neighborhood &
Wild Life (the game with the best sex animations)

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You missed quite a lot of games, but everyone has different tastes. I am surprised to have not seen Melody on any list, it is actually not a bad game
I did mean to put Melody on my list, I quite enjoy that one.

The endings for Izzy and Amy were great. I liked Becca's but too much of it was very similar to Amy's.

Like I said though, if I keep listing games I like i'd be here all day.

I also missed off games I adore like Retrieving the Past despite it being one of my faves.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Took me 2 attempts to get through it, never cried at a storyline as much as I did with that one. I got part way through and I just couldn't stop the tears I had to play Borderlands 3 to calm down.

Mass murder cheered me up.

I knew I was soppy and easy to bring to tears but between Luna's childhood story and Katie's from Where it all Began I think I shed more tears in those few days than I ever have over anything else.

Girlfriend gave me a proper funny look when she walked in and i'm bawling. She thought something had happened so I pointed at my monitor and she shook her head and walked back out again.

Such love, much sympathy.
I too got looks for trying to explain why I was blubbing like a child who just had his ice cream stolen. :oops::cry:
Be assured that you aren't the only one. The 48 years old grown adult I'm supposed to be is still near to tears just thinking about Luna's story...
I was trying to explain the story to my sister, I had to stop because I got a lump in my throat just remembering those few scenes. :cry:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Took me 2 attempts to get through it, never cried at a storyline as much as I did with that one. I got part way through and I just couldn't stop the tears I had to play Borderlands 3 to calm down.

Mass murder cheered me up.

Girlfriend gave me a proper funny look when she walked in and i'm bawling. She thought something had happened so I pointed at my monitor and she shook her head and walked back out again.

Such love, much sympathy.
I recommend a high-count Jakobs shotgun, nothing like running to a motherfucker's face and reducing them to a fine red mist.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I was trying to explain the story to my sister, I had to stop because I got a lump in my throat just remembering those few scenes. :cry:
How to say this... ?

Like I said, I'm 48yo, I've seen tons of movies, read more than a shit load of books and played I don't even want to know how many games, "regular" and adult ones. Yet, I'm sure that my two hands are enough to count the number of times I was hit so deeply in my feelings because of a fictional story.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
How to say this... ?

Like I said, I'm 48yo, I've seen tons of movies, read more than a shit load of books and played I don't even want to know how many games, "regular" and adult ones. Yet, I'm sure that my two hands are enough to count the number of times I was hit so deeply in my feelings because of a fictional story.
Same here, apart from I'm 45yo! ;)

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I recommend a high-count Jakobs shotgun, nothing like running to a motherfucker's face and reducing them to a fine red mist.
Sadly i'm only level 38 but I got an awesome legendary Jacobs double barrel with incendiary element, 25% faster reload, +75% damage and ricochet on crit.

That on top of my elemental build regen Amara and I was having so much fun.

I say sadly only 38 because i'll have to replace it soon but i'm so looking forward to loot farming at 50.

Always loved Jacobs, especially the pistols. I like the fan animation, proper cowgirl. It was the one thing I loved about the Pre Sequel.

Nisha, Jacobs pistol in both hands and complete cowgirl mayhem.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Sadly i'm only level 38 but I got an awesome legendary Jacobs double barrel with incendiary element, 25% faster reload, +75% damage and ricochet on crit.

That on top of my elemental build regen Amara and I was having so much fun.

I say sadly only 38 because i'll have to replace it soon but i'm so looking forward to loot farming at 50.

Always loved Jacobs, especially the pistols. I like the fan animation, proper cowgirl. It was the one thing I loved about the Pre Sequel.

Nisha, Jacobs pistol in both hands and complete cowgirl mayhem.
I'm just a little above that, but yeah Jakobs pistols rock.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the winner of the "dumbest thread i've ever laid my eyes upon" award....

Let us recap 2019 so far....

DeLuca Family.
Becoming a Rockstar.
City of Broken Dreamers.
Alison fall of the Apple.
Bad Memories.
Where the Heart is.
Being a DIK.
Where it all Began.
Reluctant Archon.
Last Sovereign progressing nicely.
Offcuts got it's Amy update.
Sisterly Lust will be complete soon.
Parental Love is nearly done.
Renryuu Ascension is coming along well.
Daughter of Essence has had a few updates.
Legend of Queen Opala Origins.
Occultus is almost finished.
Triangle was finished.
Living with Mary was completed.
Rebirth.
Picture Perfect.
Haley's Story (sure it's having a hiccup moment but overall it's been good).
Knights Tale.
Atagenia.
Queen's Curse.
Claire's Quest coming along.
Cockwork Industries.
Come Inside.
Echo's of Lust.
Freeloading Family.
Harem Hotel.
Mythic Manor.

Shit, even Perverted Hotel got an update.

I could list many, many, many more but we'd be here all damn day.

So no, 2019 hasn't been a bad year ya overdramatic nancy.

P.S. I seem to have forgot Heavy five which is made worse considering Notty is my partner in forum derailment. She'll forgive me though, she's nice like that........

I'm so fucked.
Yeah... you're pretty screwed, dear.

As to where, well that depends on my mood... ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
This 2019:

Hailey's Story progressed steady and each update was great (Yeah, last couple of'em included, Bite me).

I discovered Midlife Crisis: A crazy rollercoaster, hilarious 96% of the time, has the best and the worst dad at the same time (For once I didn't mind he put teenage horniness to shame), and plenty of teasing. Frequent updates, lots of content.

Light of my life started, it was insta-love. Heartwarming. Dad is best dad.

Life with Mary ended. Could have been better, but was good enough. Overall a really satisfying experience.

After that one, Likesblondes released Rebirth. I'm hyped 'cause there's been a while since I last played VtM and knowing the dev and since the last update was so awesome, I expect great things from this one.

Sisterly Lust also advanced a lot AND went full-harem (For me at least), which mean I was SO glad the cheating on everyone evolved to something open, honest and way hotter. I guess the end is near for this one, but has been GREAT.

Heavy Five, dammit. Only thing bad 'bout this one, it always leave me craving for the next update.

Triangle also came to an end. Wholesome and sweet conclussion for a wholesome and sweet ride.

The Deluca Family. The updates did worth every second of waiting in-between. Also, the last one left me destroyed (And I love it). Every developer interested in drama could learn a few things about how HopesGaming wrote last update.

I was in love with Alexandra since the first update I played and it made a lot of progress this year. None of the updates was boring.

Also, Unleashed started this year, and I'm keeping an eye on it, has potential to be great.

I'm sure I forgot a couple of games worthy of be included in this list. Anyways, 2019, people.
And that's only for 3DCG Ren'Py games. Worst year, indeed. ;)
Thank you *will get faster post remaster, promises*

*poofs again*

• Haha
Reactions: Akamari and Exu