VN Ren'Py Drakun x Demon! I'll become the strongest mage in the world! [v1.87] [inoriBot]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
Happy Holidays :)
Just a quick blog post! I know I'm shameless for promoting it, but I just almost doubled my discord server (from 4 to 6)!
2Timeline.png

Reactions: Saga89

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
In my mind, the ending of the route is almost always a bad ending. I'm sorry if you wanted more context and character interactions, but this is my current skill level as a coder and writer.
I didn't mean to undermine the weight of the BAD END by completely ignoring it. This is personal complaint of mine, but I absolutely hate Game Overs when I play H-Games. I dislike them with such a passion that you see the result here: it's a bad end, however, the game continues on.

The endings to the NTR routes are short and open-ended because I am still deciding how/if/when the game remembers your choices. Realistically though, it'll just be a few lines of dialogue remembering X and Y happened. Sorry, if you were expecting more. Your advice and reasoning is solid. I think what you're looking for is a high quality NTR-focused route for the entire game, and I'm sorry I can't deliver on that. I would say as of right now my NTR routes are just nice "What-if" scenarios for fans of the genre like myself. Maybe you're right, I should phrase it differently as a route or make the game over actually end the game.

“If you try to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one.” is the the quote I'm leaning toward. My game has such two extremes that obviously everyone has a favorite side. I know it just sounds like me saying "I'm bad, deal with it", but I really do love all my characters and their storylines. Your feedback has been heard. I can't go back and rewrite every scene, but I can try to do better in the future.

Anyway, I'm glad you tried my game, and thank you for posting.

GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020
The endings to the NTR routes are short and open-ended because I am still deciding how/if/when the game remembers your choices. Realistically though, it'll just be a few lines of dialogue remembering X and Y happened.
I was curious about that. The acknowledgment of it with the dialogue is probably the easier and safest way to go, since there will be more worlds with other routes. But when it comes to the Bad Ends I think it would be better for it to be just a game over.

That way all the lead up to it would stil be "canon" for the players that choose to follow it, but when it gives a game over and it rolls back to before, the player could just not not follow through with it and end the main Worlds story. It would make more sense why the girls still go with the MC afterwards since in theory they didn't go all the way and whatever they did with before the Bad End could just be referneced as needed.

But that's just my two cents, you can probably can come with something better or just have a different preference for how to do it.
I should say, I really like your game, it's pretty impressive for it just being a version 1. Whatever you do I look forward to seeing more.

Reactions: flobadog
Feb 26, 2020
so the first sex between Hiro and Kana she implies he could get her pregnant and says he will have to take good care of her, so is pregnancy gonna happen even though the tag isn't there yet? or is it just wishful thinking, just wondering is all

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
In my mind, the ending of the route is almost always a bad ending. I'm sorry if you wanted more context and character interactions, but this is my current skill level as a coder and writer.
I enjoyed the demo, though definitely agree that a continuous NTR route would be cool, or at least having our choices matter! However would lead to needing alternate scenes in all the following arcs, so I can definitely see not wanting to investing that time into what is meant to be a game with an even split of vanilla and NTR content. The easiest method I could think of to make it somewhat work might be to add a corruption stat for the girls that accumulates with NTR scenes seen, then at a certain threshold you could switch some of the scenes in the main route, particularly the H-scenes, where the heroine is less satisfied/interested or feels guilty etc.

I have no idea how challenging that would be to implement though and understand why you wouldn't want to go for it! It'd still mean at least writing 2 versions of a lot of scenes. I also wouldn't worry too much about the whole “If you try to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one” addage, there's tons of games on this site where I'm not too interested in 50%+ of the fetishes offered but like it overall if the stuff I am interested in is well done. Promising start here!

spam24601

Nov 14, 2017
That's absolutely fair enough. My initial comment initially just started off as a single paragraph noting that I found a Bad End which immediately canceled itself strange, but then I ended up rambling on for many more paragraphs about some vaguely related stuff which went far beyond the matter at hand. If anything I commend you for being so level-headed about the scope of the game. Trying to keep up with more routes and variables than one can handle will often just lead to feature creep, which is the cause of death or stagnation for a fair few games here. Nor am I some NTR diehard; I mostly just really like femdom in all its variants, which may sometimes include NTR but is by no means limited to it. As such, I was also happy enough to read this VN's vanilla route on the basis that it features assertive girls who sometimes tease the MC.

Good luck with the game going forward!

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone, it's been a while. I promised an update in January and here it is!

Between my laziness and other obligations, it's not as polished as I want it to be, however, it has all

the content I wanted to include in Version 1.5 of the game. Let's go into detail shall we?

Version 1.5 has 5 new H-Scenes.

For you vanilla lovers, the patch is majority vanilla as 4/5 of the scenes are vanilla. This patch is super special in that it introduces Drakun X Demon's first animated H-Scenes. I saw it was highly requested, and I found a really simple video on rendering in KK. Luckily, my computer is able to handle it :). Let me say this is the first time I have tried recording animations in KK and putting sound using Davinci Resolve. It's very rough, so let me know what you think! I tried to sync up as much as possible. As a side note, some creators have a blacklist on what their sounds can/cannot be used on. I have a limited amound of Hentai resources, so for some scenes, the animated audio is non-existent/wishy-washy.

For NTR fans, there is one scene, but it is honestly, rather short. If you haven't read my previous dev blog, a lot of the NTR is located in the Worlds. Because we are in between worlds, there wasn't much I wanted to implement. Additionally, I introduced a new mechanic this update: Dates. Generally, when I introduce a new mechanic, I wait before adding NTR content. For example, in Scenairo Selection, you couldn't select NTR until World 1. I like NTR as much as the next guy, but I didn't want to implement it willy-nilly for no reason in dates. It didn't make sense to me. I have a lot of nice scenes and scenairos in World 2, so I hope you look forward to that.

0 New trophies? This update has 5 scenes. It felt small enough that I didn't need to add trophies for the update. For example, I could make a platinum trophy for watching all 5 scenes, but that makes no sense because some people don't want to watch the NTR scene. So, do I split trophies, one for watching all vanilla, one for watching all NTR? Well, there's literally 1 NTR scene, so that's kind of weird. The gallery opening up the replay option is like the exact same reward. I decided to just jumble all Interludes into one trophy section later, but let me know what you think.

If you're reading this post as it comes out and you want an Android release, I have some slight bad news. At the time of this game's posting, I'm going to take a break (because I worked all night for a Jan 31 release), and then, immediately work on the android release.

Expect it today or tomorrow :). I don't have an android, so I'm hoping for the best. Going to test it on an emulator first.

Lastly, I made a New Year's Resolution (starting in Feb) to be a better Dev. Expect more communication on my discord and patreon!

Sorry, for the Jan update on the last day, I slacked quite a bit. Honestly, I kind of rushed the last few days, but I think it came out nicely. I plan to slowly revise the game in Feb as I put more effort in. Let me know if you encounter any bugs, misspelling, etc.

See you next time~ Beep Boop.

P.S. When I see positive feedback, it really makes my day, and I get really happy. Thanks for all the kind comments, support, and feedback during my first month as a dev.

Jccurtis

Jul 11, 2018
Game goes into date mode and ends before you can get all of the regular or ntr scenes and after the dates the version ends

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
Game goes into date mode and ends before you can get all of the regular or ntr scenes and after the dates the version ends
Hi, thanks for stopping by. It sounds like you were disappointed, so I'll try and break down my thought process in my game mechanics. So, in my head, I'm trying to stress 3 points as a dev to the player:

1. Replayability. The fact that you cannot get EVERY scene in one playthrough is definitely on purpose. This is the gameplay loop in my visual novel. Generally, if you don't enjoy the gameplay loop of any game, you forget about it. I am not very renpy savy, so this 'replayability' (The you cannot get all scenes in 1 playthrough loop) was the solution I chose. Obviously, my goal is to keep your attention, instead of a player playing for 20 minutes for every scene and forgetting about the game.

2. Future-Proofing. Because this is the earliest iterations of my game, there's not a lot to see. However, what about in the future? Someone new tries my game in a year, and he/she has all sorts of options in seeing storylines they want. It goes back to the gameplay loop where I hope to entertain the player. Additionally, it lets me plan ahead for new content, and it allows me to visit storylines that would otherwise be awkward story and timeline wise.

3. I'm trying to hook you. Disappointed the storyline you want is on a cliffhanger? I hope that gets you to check on me the next month :).

All in all, the developing visual novel genre isn't for everyone, but I hope my answer was satisfactory. Also, I hope you come back later to see more date mode scenairos :).

Reactions: Rozenn

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021
why should NTR be avoidable? Wouldn't it be more beautiful if players were surprised when they found out the route taken was NTR and there was no turning back?

• Angry
Reactions: Abagofbabies

Jccurtis

Jul 11, 2018
No what I mean is I started it from the beginning twice and only chose the ntr scenes once available and even then I cant get to the harem ntr scene because Bill's quest ends and they leave the farm haven't tried the vanilla yet but if it has more scenes I dont think it will show all of them either other then that problem the game is fun to play just stuck missing scenes hope it can be fixed will keep my eye on this project good luck

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
No what I mean is I started it from the beginning twice and only chose the ntr scenes once available and even then I cant get to the harem ntr scene because Bill's quest ends and they leave the farm haven't tried the vanilla yet but if it has more scenes I dont think it will show all of them either other then that problem the game is fun to play just stuck missing scenes hope it can be fixed will keep my eye on this project good luck
Okay, I see. So, the way it is coded, you only needed to have SEEN the Bill Ending of the Kana/Angie route. It doesn't HAVE to be in the same playthrough. You can see the Kana bad end and then load up a game and see the Angie bad end. Now you're cleared the conditions to see the Harem NTR scene. Lemme know if it worked!

I've been working on the android port since this morning, and let me tell, it's been tragic. My computer is average. Not great, but not bad. Every time I try to package the game into an android apk, it crashes at the very end. I've tried googling some solutions and redownloading stuff, but to no avail. I've been at it for a few hours now because each attempt to package takes so long. I think it is a size issue and my game is too big. I'm going to try a few more things before I turn to the dev discord. I keep getting this problem if any Android programmers can help:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes