VN Ren'Py Drakun x Demon! I'll become the strongest mage in the world! [v1.87] [inoriBot]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So before I try this, I see the NTR is pretty easy to avoid which is good because it's not my thing but does it actually avoid it or is it just "skipped" like so many others? Also is this still not animated? I saw a dev post about them just starting out and all but that was over a year ago now and a bunch of text in front of a still image doesn't do it for me. It seems odd since charastudio already has pre-built animations from the game that you just have to set up if you don't want to make your own. It doesn't take that long to learn how to position them.

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
So before I try this, I see the NTR is pretty easy to avoid which is good because it's not my thing but does it actually avoid it or is it just "skipped" like so many others? Also is this still not animated? I saw a dev post about them just starting out and all but that was over a year ago now and a bunch of text in front of a still image doesn't do it for me. It seems odd since charastudio already has pre-built animations from the game that you just have to set up if you don't want to make your own. It doesn't take that long to learn how to position them.
NTR are their own stories; no “it actually happened but you skipped it”. The recent H-scenes are animated, but honestly, they’re pretty rough.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well, I tried it but I don't think it's for me. The writing seems to be pretty juvenile with all of the huge caps and drawn out words like Heeeeeeyyyy that I don't care for. There also seems to be a whole lot of unfinished stuff. I think the dev should probably sit down and finish the cast at the very least. You jump into the game and all you see are a bunch of black characters, it's a poor first impression I think.

Another thing I found off putting was that pre-named MC. It's another thing that takes a tole on the immersion of it. That paired with the issue of "tell not show" and way to much exposition has done it for me I think. There are also scenes that don't match the exposition. Sees a changing friend in the bathroom but the environment is in the living room.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
You again huh? lol you never miss a chance to try to make snarky comments to anything I say and yet.. every single time you make a comment to me its in a game that contains the big 3 LETTER WORD. For someone who hates it so much you seem to be playing every game that contains it. But anyway this is a VN you dont "play" it like a regular game. Its a novel because its a story where things happen to the characters whether you like it or not. But anyway If everything is always happy and always works out for the best then these stories would all be the same and really boring. A universe must have Order aaaaand Chaos to exist. But I appreciate your take on the matter because at least you gave a real answer unlike the guy below you.
Combat is one of the tags and since this isn't a kinetic novel the player will be making choices so its more than just a novel. Whether or not these stories would be boring is very subjective.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Combat is one of the tags and since this isn't a kinetic novel the player will be making choices so its more than just a novel. Whether or not these stories would be boring is very subjective.
I agree that personal taste is very subjective. I found it boring but others seem to like it, different strokes and all. About the KN aspect the dev said in it's current state that's essentially what it is. I couldn't get through a lot of it so I don't know if its changed, I'm just going by the dev notes.

"As of right now, I would the game is closer to a kinetic visual novel with Scene Selection than your average visual novel with many branching routes."

Reactions: punisher2099

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone, thanks for trying it and your input. I couldn’t really ask for more.

DxD is my first project, and along with my real life obligations, I don’t have resources (Time and money) create all the assets I want in the game.

I’m a one man team so, I’m still learning a lot about everything. I hope you try my works in the future as I improve!

Luckzor

May 2, 2017
I don't know if I'm missing something, but I looked in the walkthough and I think I did all the NTR scenes but when I look in the gallery I'm missing the last 2. And it could be helpful if you add the name of the scenes when they are still locked in the gallery, in that way it will be easier to find it in the walktrough. Pretty nice and interesting game. Keep the good work.

inoriBot

Jul 19, 2018
I don't know if I'm missing something, but I looked in the walkthough and I think I did all the NTR scenes but when I look in the gallery I'm missing the last 2. And it could be helpful if you add the name of the scenes when they are still locked in the gallery, in that way it will be easier to find it in the walktrough. Pretty nice and interesting game. Keep the good work.
Absolutely. I talked a little about it in my discord, but my current Extra section is really outdated. I’m going to change it similar to how the trophies are so it’s easier to know how to unlock it. Instead of just flipping back and forth.

Reactions: Luckzor

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
The white font with slender black outline is just about unreadable on most backgrounds. Dev should put up a partially transparent grey background behind it to add more contrast.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
So in the shed scene there's a comment made about mc grabbing Kana in the . Ooof. Don't ever use that term to reference a girl unless maybe there's a involved or you're into bdsm and want to get slapped and then dommed. I'm an old fart, and I only used that term when talking to younger males. It's something that inevitably happens when you're in your 30's and can only delay that moment through exercise, etc when these things deploy on your hips. Once you got em, that's all she wrote.

Reactions: inoriBot
3.80 star(s) 5 Votes