• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Invite thread

Comicenjoyer

Nov 17, 2023
W

Hello , i would like an invite ( will it work? Though)
Please write me this conversation sort of direct message, then we can talk in peace. It should work, but there is something strange going on. Just The main site is accessible, the forum seems to have vanished. Maybe technical difficulties, dunno. I will tell you everything you need to know.

Comicenjoyer

Nov 17, 2023
Yeah, I had an account in 8muses, but now it seems that it's not good for the forums.... when I try to login it says :
"This is NOT your forum account.
You need an invite before you can login here! "
So.. too bad, the forums was the placve I was goung most of the time... too bad, this invite stupid stuff.
You mean the main page? Yes for the main page you need the special invitation, but the forum only requires a normal invitation. But they will merge the two systems in the future, so every forum member will also have access to the main site plus the VIP forum things every forum user can already access

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
Yeah i been kicked out and can't access to forums too i been on form for around 2 year but suddenly can't access for no reason how isthis happen it's this mean only vip can access but not a regular member? And one last thing it is true that only vip can invite?

Malhavoc431

Nov 5, 2023
Yeah, I had an account in 8muses, but now it seems that it's not good for the forums.... when I try to login it says :
"This is NOT your forum account.
You need an invite before you can login here! "
So.. too bad, the forums was the placve I was goung most of the time... too bad, this invite stupid stuff.
Same. Had an active account and now suddenly I don't? Not sure what is up with that. Doesn't help that there is no real way to contact the 8Muse mods to fix things.
If anyone is offering invites, I won't say no to one.
It should work, but there is something strange going on. Just The main site is accessible, the forum seems to have vanished. Maybe technical difficulties, dunno. I will tell you everything you need to know.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll give it a few days and see if the forums unexplode themselves.

Comicenjoyer

Nov 17, 2023
Same. Had an active account and now suddenly I don't? Not sure what is up with that. Doesn't help that there is no real way to contact the 8Muse mods to fix things.
If anyone is offering invites, I won't say no to one.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll give it a few days and see if the forums unexplode themselves.
Depends, when did you have this account and when did it stop working? Simoncu mentioned the "this is not your forum account", this message always appears if you try to log in to the main site, but the invitation just gets you into the forum(forum account). But they want to merge the main site with the forum site if the fog has cleared.

Comicenjoyer

Nov 17, 2023
And hey, i have to keep optimistic. In the end, i searched for hours to get a comic some member liked, and he traded an invitation in exchange for the comic. Same thing i am doing now, offering my invitations. If 8muses is dead, the work i put in would be worthless.

Reactions: Malhavoc431

Malhavoc431

Nov 5, 2023
Well I had a forum account, but trying to go to the forum just redirects me to the main site and then says "This is NOT your forum account." I just want to get back into the forum at this point.

Reactions: czechball

YggZill

Dec 2, 2023
I thought I was the only one having problems with the forum account, freaked out for a bit

eaie26

Dec 2, 2023
It's good to hear I'm not only one that lost access to forum. Let us all know if it start working again for any od you ;)

Malhavoc431

Nov 5, 2023
Has anyone managed to get back into the 8Muse forums yet? Did they change the forum address without telling folks? Or they completely fubar things when trying to update?