L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
Don't know about anyone else, but I like to save before anything important, whether that be a sex scene or a boss fight, and with the sheer quantity of content available, managing to fit it all within 25 save slots is pretty unrealistic. So, I changed the some values within the plugin.js file and increased the maximum available save slots to 100. In case anyone is interested, I've attached the modified file.

I haven't had a chance to fully test whether it's capable of breaking something, so I'd recommend backing up your saves before changing anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeoabyss23

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks an NTR mod where the other zombie kid has a bigger dick/steals the girls would be pretty hot?
As long as it's a MOD, be my guest.
I would personally avoid having NTR content in this game, so modding it could be a solution that satisfies both fans of the genre and those who don't want it in the main game.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Works for me on Ubuntu 20.04.

View attachment 1316543
Could this be related to the theme/font I use in Ubuntu? Which one do you have?
Edit:
Possible that this is related to this error I get.
[38649:38671:0724/160039.847700:ERROR:client_native_pixmap_dmabuf.cc(228)] Failed to mmap dmabuf: Permission denied (13)

Last edited:

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Could this be related to the theme/font I use in Ubuntu? Which one do you have?
It should use the game font, but there's www/js/plugins/cheatmenu.css where you could specify a font if you wanted.

What I would do is hit F12 to bring up the debugger then hit 1 in the game and see if there are any errors.

As for theme, I'm using the normal dark theme.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
It should use the game font, but there's www/js/plugins/cheatmenu.css where you could specify a font if you wanted.

What I would do is hit F12 to bring up the debugger then hit 1 in the game and see if there are any errors.

As for theme, I'm using the normal dark theme.
I found the trouble maker. Removing the gpu-memory-buffers from the package.json file fixed the problem for me and now cheat and debugger menu are working and my terminal error output message vanished too.
[38649:38671:0724/160039.847700:ERROR:client_native_pixmap_dmabuf.cc(228)] Failed to mmap dmabuf: Permission denied (13)
Code:
--enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
I found the trouble maker. Removing the gpu-memory-buffers from the package.json file fixed the problem for me and now cheat and debugger menu are working and my terminal error output message vanished too.

Code:
--enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers
Ah this is a problem specifically limited to the mesa driver.

I thought Ubuntu had finally unified the platform enough to get rid if this kind of one off crap. I guess I'll need to add a FAQ entry or script.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Myname133

Jun 13, 2021
i loved the story but why did it stop midway?
i really want to know what happend next and the story just ended like that?
welp i'll try zombie retreat 2 i guess (even tru it not even the sequel :( )

Mr. Tsurandir

Oct 18, 2018
Maybe it's a glitch, maybe i'm dumb, but I can't trigger leslie/rachel, natasha and the other, or any other event whatsoever. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
How are cheats activated? Is it only in Easy difficulty?
Yes you have to be on easy to turn on cheats.

Maybe it's a glitch, maybe i'm dumb, but I can't trigger leslie/rachel, natasha and the other, or any other event whatsoever. Anyone knows how to fix it?
To get some of the threesome content you need to fully complete that characters quest lines. That includes some of the costumes. If that doesn't work use one of the walkthroughs from the OP post.

Is there anal in this?
Yes

AgentFakku

Dec 31, 2020
imma wait 4 da hi res ver since dis game is spiritual successor of A Zombie's Life w/ same artist
did not try demo or so - gut instinct a good game worth supporting
prefer to buy games than paying subscription
browse da comments a bit
imo game is worth moar than 6 bucks if it has = or so content as A Zombie's Life
been buying games on DLSITE - there r games price @ 10 moar 4 lil content

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
imma wait 4 da hi res ver since dis game is spiritual successor of A Zombie's Life w/ same artist
did not try demo or so - gut instinct a good game worth supporting
prefer to buy games than paying subscription
browse da comments a bit
imo game is worth moar than 6 bucks if it has = or so content as A Zombie's Life
been buying games on DLSITE - there r games price @ 10 moar 4 lil content
"hi res ver"? Do you know something I don't because as far as I know this is it. The game is done.

AgentFakku

Dec 31, 2020
"hi res ver"? Do you know something I don't because as far as I know this is it. The game is done.

$10+ and $15+ Rewards Updated - Beta 0.3 || ZR1 Pack Coming Soon
Hey everyone!
The $10 & $15 Patreon rewards have been updated to include ZR2 Beta 0.3 content! Links to the updated HUB downloads are below:

Reminder-
The $10+ tier contains download links of all the major scenes & CG for ZR2 in their original resolution (.jpg format) to view outside of the game.
The $15+ tier contains download links of all the major scenes ANIMATED in their original resolution (.mp4 format).
These rewards are for people who want to view and enjoy the art/animation of ZR2 in a higher quality resolution!

== ZR1 Rewards Bundle ==
I asked about this when Beta 0.2 released and didn't get too much feedback on it, but I think I'm going to remove the Zombie's Retreat 1 $10/$15+ rewards very soon to help de-clutter the HUB pages. Obviously ZR2 rewards will be staying!
(Patreon has a file size cap so that's why I can't combine all ZR1 rewards into one single download in case anyone was wondering about that option)
Instead, I will release a bundle pack on itch for $10 that includes all of the ZR1 $10/$15 rewards. If you are currently pledged in either of those tiers and haven't gotten the ZR1 rewards, I highly recommend doing that as soon as possible!
I was a bit conflicted on this but again, I think most people who want the rewards already have them so HUB download pages significantly less cluttered sounds like the preferred choice.
I'll probably add the ZR1 bundle onto itch sometime next month between updates.
=====
Don't forget, the public release of Beta 0.3 is tomorrow! It will include a few more bug fixes that were reported to me over the weekend.
Work on Beta 0.4 is also already starting so I'll be sharing updates on that pretty soon! No 4+ month wait this time around!
Thank you all so much for your support. I'll see you all soon with the public release!

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes