• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Of course do it.
I used gimp but anything works.
I just CTRL + CLICK somewhere on the bed to get the same white and then painted it rougly on the "mutated leg"
Then did it agian with the wall etc.
Having even very basic drawing skill make a huge difference when using AIs.

Reactions: beetsdontkalemyvibe

samarcus

Jul 3, 2021
Played this for a short time today... first impressions:

Don't use AI/CGI art next to real photos... it looks weird.

Some kind of character creation should be a standard for all "RPG-ish" games, even if it only amounts to naming your MC. It's a sign of pure lack of skills when there's not something as simple as an MCName string variable in whatever programming language you use to give people playing some sense of control/immersion/whatever you want to call it.

Intro needs a bit of work. Just the first "page" needs to not be the first page of the story, but the cover of the book.

• Sad
Reactions: osanaiko

NotNamedAtAll

Jun 3, 2018
Funny how I just end up counting fingers in those games... (and well, it's always uncanny, in those you pretty much never have thumbs but still have at least five fingers)
It could be a bit tricky to edit but as most of the time you'll have to just remove one it should be doable with the tips above.

Also typo-wise I would say it should be more like this :
that lets him match with Lena and sucks him into a strange Velour Room where he discovers his ability to wield strange powers and visit worlds formed from the inner consciousness and reality of the people he matches with

(I also think it's a bit too heavy, that's a personal view but I would find :

"that let him match with Lena then suck him into a weird Velour Room. There he'll discovers his ability to wield strange powers and visit worlds formed from the inner consciousness of the peoples he matches with"

would be a bit better.
-"and" become "then" because it sound more possible to first match then getting sucked in.
-I decided that the room is weird because later the powers are strange, too many strange things could get stranger so ... Yeah ... But the powers could be supernatural, just powers, marvelous, amazing, interesting, useful and so on...
-A little bit of punctuation help breathing, but "where" would sound like a question so we'll go with "there".
-We'll also use "he'll" because at the point where the player is it didn't happened, but it will.
-I removed "reality" because it just add words while sounding way too deep. Let's imagine there is just one reality and multiples consciousness only, multiples realties feel like a handful.

Last edited:

beetsdontkalemyvibe

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Last edited:

beetsdontkalemyvibe

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
You might want to actually do a quick count of fingers on every image that has hands, too. Artificial Stupidity is notorious for not understanding hands have five fingers including the thumb, but just four otherwise.
Yes this is always an issue. I'm working on these though I've looked at these images hundreds of times. If you notice one please point it out and I can see if I can fix it?

beetsdontkalemyvibe

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Played this for a short time today... first impressions:

Don't use AI/CGI art next to real photos... it looks weird.

Some kind of character creation should be a standard for all "RPG-ish" games, even if it only amounts to naming your MC. It's a sign of pure lack of skills when there's not something as simple as an MCName string variable in whatever programming language you use to give people playing some sense of control/immersion/whatever you want to call it.

Intro needs a bit of work. Just the first "page" needs to not be the first page of the story, but the cover of the book.
Confused about the AI/CGI art vs. real photos as there are no real photos in this game? Don't know if I agree with the MC character creation as I want Seb to be a POV but not 100% player insert. I, however, am working on making him more of a character with perspective. I acknowledge for sure right now, he's a bit too much of a player insert and I'm working on revisions accordingly.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

beetsdontkalemyvibe

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Funny how I just end up counting fingers in those games... (and well, it's always uncanny, in those you pretty much never have thumbs but still have at least five fingers)
It could be a bit tricky to edit but as most of the time you'll have to just remove one it should be doable with the tips above.

Also typo-wise I would say it should be more like this :
that lets him match with Lena and sucks him into a strange Velour Room where he discovers his ability to wield strange powers and visit worlds formed from the inner consciousness and reality of the people he matches with

(I also think it's a bit too heavy, that's a personal view but I would find :

"that let him match with Lena then suck him into a weird Velour Room. There he'll discovers his ability to wield strange powers and visit worlds formed from the inner consciousness of the peoples he matches with"

would be a bit better.
-"and" become "then" because it sound more possible to first match then getting sucked in.
-I decided that the room is weird because later the powers are strange, too many strange things could get stranger so ... Yeah ... But the powers could be supernatural, just powers, marvelous, amazing, interesting, useful and so on...
-A little bit of punctuation help breathing, but "where" would sound like a question so we'll go with "there".
-We'll also use "he'll" because at the point where the player is it didn't happened, but it will.
-I removed "reality" because it just add words while sounding way too deep. Let's imagine there is just one reality and multiples consciousness only, multiples realties feel like a handful.
Appreciate your feedback!

Arkady

May 15, 2018
Yes this is always an issue. I'm working on these though I've looked at these images hundreds of times. If you notice one please point it out and I can see if I can fix it?
The third and seventh image in the OP - the only two that show full hands - both have five non-thumb fingers. (I'm pretty sure the fourth would, too, if the hands weren't partially cut off.)

samarcus

Jul 3, 2021
Confused about the AI/CGI art vs. real photos as there are no real photos in this game? Don't know if I agree with the MC character creation as I want Seb to be a POV but not 100% player insert. I, however, am working on making him more of a character with perspective. I acknowledge for sure right now, he's a bit too much of a player insert and I'm working on revisions accordingly.
Not the character photos, the background ones. Like the parking lot where the drug deal happens. The images just clash with me because of the different styles. That might just be me (shrugs). However, for that drug deal, having a couple of people standing in the lot that vaguely resemble the persons named would sell the scene more, for me anyway.

beetsdontkalemyvibe

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Not the character photos, the background ones. Like the parking lot where the drug deal happens. The images just clash with me because of the different styles. That might just be me (shrugs). However, for that drug deal, having a couple of people standing in the lot that vaguely resemble the persons named would sell the scene more, for me anyway.
It's using the same model overall though I understand it looks different in some ways! I can definitely keep this in mind as I work on improving this!

Peterson9803

Aug 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Excited that you figured out how to build and use this! Was this rewarding/too easy/too difficult to find?
Ah, I thought it would be help me somehow

I found it mostly rewarding - the tidbits of lore, the running around. But since combat in this game isn't that hard in the chapter, I don't mind plundering the entire mansion :)

And I'm the only one who has problems viewing pics after the

Otherwise, I really like this game; not too complex, not too simple, well-written, you've lifted the beginning skillfully from Persona and made it your own thing - though I do hope we get to vist the Attendant agin.

beetsdontkalemyvibe

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Ah, I thought it would be help me somehow

I found it mostly rewarding - the tidbits of lore, the running around. But since combat in this game isn't that hard in the chapter, I don't mind plundering the entire mansion :)

And I'm the only one who has problems viewing pics after the

Otherwise, I really like this game; not too complex, not too simple, well-written, you've lifted the beginning skillfully from Persona and made it your own thing - though I do hope we get to vist the Attendant agin.
Thanks so much for the kind words! You're not the only one with problems after that point. I've been mainly using CIVITAI to generate my art as it has a lot of models and LORAs and is free and uses better equipment then my own PC but they've been going through some partner generator issues, specifically for NSFW content so images are slowed past that point in the story.

The
is intended to help but I haven't implemented it yet.

We should be revisiting the attendant once we hit a key point in the plot.

Would love to know your opinion if the mansion should be a bit harder? I found it easy and reduced ammo counts etc. a couple of times but I'm also the creator so it's always hard to know. Some of the feedback I got from people was that combat in general was too hard! XD so it's always a balance.

Would love to know your thoughts and opinions in general, either here or via DMs!

qufang01

Dec 24, 2021
wow! Much better! Sorry, you said "Gimp"? Oh wow ok I looked it up! Thanks so much this will be very helpful! Mind if I use that image you just posted here? Nah I think you shouold take gimp and edit it like that before you inpaint :

liberame

Jun 8, 2018
Props to the creator for being a good sport about everything. Just gonna point out that the girl in the santa hat in the preview images has six fingers.

Dealing with AI images really is like dealing with the Fae lmfao.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes