• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Yuri University [v0.60.1] [chekkin games]

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
I really like those threesome-ish scenes in the game! Are there only two of them as of now, With Ezri and Alice and with Ezri and Scarlett?
Thanks! I really like those scenes.

There's currently two 'film night' scenes with Ezri and Alice, and two 'tutoring' scenes with Ezri and Scarlett. There's also the end of Ezri's scene 4, if you meet the insanely high lewdness check!

There'll be more added between this version and 0.6. I might also add threesome scenes with Ashley and Hannah, or some other combinations, in the future.
Thanks!

Reactions: winini
Oct 2, 2018
I really liked the game, this kind of yuri game (sand box, with multiple LI) are very rare that I can count on the fingers of my hands.

I quite like the theme, it makes me feel a bit nostalgic (definitely if you ignore the exams, college is the best time), and also the character design and scenes are very well done.

one question, is there going to be several routes in the game, I mean is there going to be a route for each girl, and also a harem route?

Thanks for sharing the game.

SeaCretAgent

Mar 6, 2019
Nice to have a wholesome game like this from time to time. The balance of lewd stuff and general dialogue is pretty good IMO and the character is pretty interesting.

Will be looking forward for later versions :D

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Been a couple days since my last post and this thread has really blown up (in a good way!)
First of all, I have to apologize... I forgot to talk about all the stuff I found good and hot about the game in my post! (haven't played since then because of IRL stuff so my progress in-game remains the same)
Let's fix that...
  • Right off the bat, I love that at its core, the game is about girls slutting it up with each other while still retaining a sense of "romance" between them. The way they're all very honest and open between them is both cute and hot while eliminating any sense of an artificial "guilt" the player might have for pursuing two girls at the same time. (No snarky comments from anyone along the lines of "oh? I thought we were an item?" or anything like that, at least not that I've seen/can remember.)
  • Love all the character designs I've seen so far, has a realistic variety of body types, skin tones, etc. while still being just "unrealistic" enough to make it more appealing.
    • In particular, I'd actually have to give the highest praise to Rose's design. Her being on the thicker side is great but she still has a good sense of "balance" as a main character to interact with other girls.
      • I guess you could say that I'm glad there's no definitive "one hottest girl," and I'm especially glad it's not the main character?
  • All the sex scenes that I've managed to see so far have been pretty hot, even if I am still disappointed with not being able to see the full things sometime because of the stats.
    • Can't wait for more Maple content, she's incredibly cute and it's really nice to have positive trans representation. Best way to have a "dickgirl' character in a more-realistic setting like this.
After reading through the thread, some additional thoughts:
  • Biggest solution to the "issue" of having the time limit, not being able to see the full extent of scenes, etc. would really be to have a NG+. Even if the game isn't quite "finished" in its current state, if you hit the time limit and could just go back to the beginning with stats & skills intact, but pretty much everything else reset, I feel like it'd go a long way to actually incentivizing multiple playthroughs beyond just "see what you didn't see."
    • A scene gallery would also be nice, especially if you could see variations and other things you weren't able to see ahead of time, but I feel like some scenes are a little too complex for that to be implemented smoothly. Taking the truth-or-dare scene as an example, not only are there multiple choices for truth or dare (and choices between dares), there's also other variations in the scene that I assume are based on individual progress with the girls.
  • I can also see value in having some sort of "milestone" perks for stats, or concrete numbers to work towards ahead of scenes so that you can be more prepared. Something like 15 Lewdness having a visual indicator on the bar and some kind of name or title for getting to that point, "Beginner Pervert" or something along those lines. Perhaps alongside a way to know ahead of time if a scene requires a certain stat threshold.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
Really in love with your game, all the girls are so cute (but Scarlett it's the best) !

But there are issues in some sentences where the protagonist says it's the first time she's done that and she's actually done it before.

Great work otherwise, lesbian game only is very rare and I hope you will have support to continue

Last edited:

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Another bug: After i performed oral on Alice MC said that it was her first time doing it, but i did it with Scarlett before. and if you give Scarlett oral it will not register as your first time doing so in your statistic as well. It will register that she was the first one to give you oral, but not if she was the first one that you gave oral to

Last edited:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Been a couple days since my last post and this thread has really blown up (in a good way!)
First of all, I have to apologize... I forgot to talk about all the stuff I found good and hot about the game in my post! (haven't played since then because of IRL stuff so my progress in-game remains the same)
Let's fix that...
  • Right off the bat, I love that at its core, the game is about girls slutting it up with each other while still retaining a sense of "romance" between them. The way they're all very honest and open between them is both cute and hot while eliminating any sense of an artificial "guilt" the player might have for pursuing two girls at the same time. (No snarky comments from anyone along the lines of "oh? I thought we were an item?" or anything like that, at least not that I've seen/can remember.)
  • Love all the character designs I've seen so far, has a realistic variety of body types, skin tones, etc. while still being just "unrealistic" enough to make it more appealing.
    • In particular, I'd actually have to give the highest praise to Rose's design. Her being on the thicker side is great but she still has a good sense of "balance" as a main character to interact with other girls.
      • I guess you could say that I'm glad there's no definitive "one hottest girl," and I'm especially glad it's not the main character?
  • All the sex scenes that I've managed to see so far have been pretty hot, even if I am still disappointed with not being able to see the full things sometime because of the stats.
    • Can't wait for more Maple content, she's incredibly cute and it's really nice to have positive trans representation. Best way to have a "dickgirl' character in a more-realistic setting like this.
After reading through the thread, some additional thoughts:
  • Biggest solution to the "issue" of having the time limit, not being able to see the full extent of scenes, etc. would really be to have a NG+. Even if the game isn't quite "finished" in its current state, if you hit the time limit and could just go back to the beginning with stats & skills intact, but pretty much everything else reset, I feel like it'd go a long way to actually incentivizing multiple playthroughs beyond just "see what you didn't see."
    • A scene gallery would also be nice, especially if you could see variations and other things you weren't able to see ahead of time, but I feel like some scenes are a little too complex for that to be implemented smoothly. Taking the truth-or-dare scene as an example, not only are there multiple choices for truth or dare (and choices between dares), there's also other variations in the scene that I assume are based on individual progress with the girls.
  • I can also see value in having some sort of "milestone" perks for stats, or concrete numbers to work towards ahead of scenes so that you can be more prepared. Something like 15 Lewdness having a visual indicator on the bar and some kind of name or title for getting to that point, "Beginner Pervert" or something along those lines. Perhaps alongside a way to know ahead of time if a scene requires a certain stat threshold.
Thank you so much for coming back to leave such nice feedback! It's always encouraging.
That sense of 'artificial guilt' you mentioned was actually one of the original motivations for me to try to make my own game, as I personally didn't enjoy that. It's how this game became about casual experimentation between friends!

I'll definitely consider adding NG+ sooner rather than later. The only small issue I can forsee is that if a player, for example, reached day 50 with 3 girls at full progress, and the other 2 at level one or two, then NG+ means they're forced to do those other girls' early content again before they get to new stuff. I could see this being an annoyance to some. Perhaps I should look into having both options available...

I'm looking into the scene gallery, and it is indeed complex! Renpy's replay function is clearly not designed for this sort of game, I'm having to do some weird hack-job. Some progress has been made at least!
For scenes like the truth or dare party (and indeed all the scenes), I'm hoping to make it so that the game takes all of your current stats and progress into account when replaying the scene, but forgets the choices you made in that specific scene (otherwise the game might break a little!). We'll see how it goes.

I really liked the game, this kind of yuri game (sand box, with multiple LI) are very rare that I can count on the fingers of my hands.

I quite like the theme, it makes me feel a bit nostalgic (definitely if you ignore the exams, college is the best time), and also the character design and scenes are very well done.

one question, is there going to be several routes in the game, I mean is there going to be a route for each girl, and also a harem route?

Thanks for sharing the game.
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

That is absolutely the plan. On day 100, there will be a final party to celebrate the end of term/year. At that point (details TBD), you can invite any character you've maxed out relationship level with to your room, have a final fiery scene, and then can choose to ask her to be in a monogamous relationship, an open one, or just leave things as they are. You'll also have the option to stay at the party and initiate an orgy, and then possibly be able to enter a polyamorous relationship.
This is all way in to the future though, and the details may well change, but that's the current plan!

Really in love with your game, all the girls are so cute (but Scarlett it's the best) !

But there are issues in some sentences where the protagonist says it's the first time she's done that and she's actually done it before. Or if we do the first tutoring scene with ezri before the truth or dare and she says to scarlett, you masturbate 5 times a week while we learn it during the game...

Great work otherwise, lesbian game only is very rare and I hope you will have support to continue
Thank you, so glad you like it! Scarlett's proving popular :D

I think the first tutoring scene is working as intended. If you see it whilst the day < 7 (truth or dare happens at the end of day 6), Ezri should instead reference events during the prologue. Did you alter the save or anything? If not, do you happen to remember the exact day you saw the first tutoring?

In a game like this I suppose it's inevitable that some things will be referenced out of order, but I really want to minimise how much that happens! So if you happen to remember any other examples, let me know.

Another bug: After i performed oral on Alice MC said that it was her first time doing it, but i did it with Scarlett before
I just double checked and this should be working as intended. There are actually seperate trackers for both giving and receiving oral sex. I'm guessing with Scarlett was your first time receiving oral, but Alice was your first time giving. Does that sound right? If not I'll take another look.

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Thank you so much for coming back to leave such nice feedback! It's always encouraging.
That sense of 'artificial guilt' you mentioned was actually one of the original motivations for me to try to make my own game, as I personally didn't enjoy that. It's how this game became about casual experimentation between friends!

I'll definitely consider adding NG+ sooner rather than later. The only small issue I can forsee is that if a player, for example, reached day 50 with 3 girls at full progress, and the other 2 at level one or two, then NG+ means they're forced to do those other girls' early content again before they get to new stuff. I could see this being an annoyance to some. Perhaps I should look into having both options available...

I'm looking into the scene gallery, and it is indeed complex! Renpy's replay function is clearly not designed for this sort of game, I'm having to do some weird hack-job. Some progress has been made at least!
For scenes like the truth or dare party (and indeed all the scenes), I'm hoping to make it so that the game takes all of your current stats and progress into account when replaying the scene, but forgets the choices you made in that specific scene (otherwise the game might break a little!). We'll see how it goes.

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

That is absolutely the plan. On day 100, there will be a final party to celebrate the end of term/year. At that point (details TBD), you can invite any character you've maxed out relationship level with to your room, have a final fiery scene, and then can choose to ask her to be in a monogamous relationship, an open one, or just leave things as they are. You'll also have the option to stay at the party and initiate an orgy, and then possibly be able to enter a polyamorous relationship.
This is all way in to the future though, and the details may well change, but that's the current plan!

I think the first tutoring scene is working as intended. If you see it whilst the day < 7 (truth or dare happens at the end of day 6), Ezri should instead reference events during the prologue. Did you alter the save or anything? If not, do you happen to remember the exact day you saw the first tutoring?

In a game like this I suppose it's inevitable that some things will be referenced out of order, but I really want to minimise how much that happens! So if you happen to remember any other examples, let me know.

I just double checked and this should be working as intended. There are actually seperate trackers for both giving and receiving oral sex. I'm guessing with Scarlett was your first time receiving oral, but Alice was your first time giving. Does that sound right? If not I'll take another look.
I am pretty sure that Scarlett was my first in both ways, but i will check again :)

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Ok, i quickly skipped through the game again and this time i focused exclusively on Scarlett and make sure that i have 40 lewd points using books. and this is my stats

EDIT: oh, and it says i fingered her, but i am sure that i choose oral instead

Last edited:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Ok, i quickly skipped through the game again and this time i focused exclusively on Scarlett and make sure that i have 40 lewd points using books. and this is my stats

EDIT: oh, and it says i fingered her, but i am sure that i choose oral instead
Dang, I included the player character talking about it being her first time, but forgot to actually update the stat :FacePalm: fixed now!

If anyone gave oral in Scarlett's scene 4 and wants that milestone to be her, I suggest holding off offering it to anyone else. In the next patch, if you gave her oral but don't yet have that milestone, it'll update to her when you next hang out. Unfortunately if you reached that milestone with someone else afterwards, it will stay as that character.

I've also fixed the fingering error.

Thanks!

Reactions: winini

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018

You're right i edited my post, I think my brain is probably playing tricks on me because I started the game again (for pleasure) at least 5 times (which allowed me to discover small differences during the game of truth or dare)

Reactions: chekkingames

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018

Maybe the best solution would be a NG+ where you can choose what stats/skills/relationships to bring over? So if you get to the end and you have three girls maxed and the other two at a low level, you'd be able to reset the maxed girls but keep the low levels on the others? And then if you really wanted to, for whatever reason, keep your stats the same way they were but reset your skills, maybe you'd be able to do that too?

mikeab69

Jun 15, 2021
Woohoo! Lesbian game! And a rather nice one at that. Although I thought the progress was a bit slow and drawn out, and maybe a few continuity issues here and there, overall a lovely game where everyone loves everyone else and isn't hung up on archaic notions of monogamy. Just please, keep the dicks to a minimum, even if they belong to girls, or the male tendency to project themselves into games via strap-ons, as though it's not sex, and certainly not satisfying, unless they're being thrust into by a penis, plastic or otherwise. Anyway...

Found a bug with books. Read the speed reader one, then tried reading, I think the money one? When I clicked 'read book' time would elapse but no text would appear to say I'd read it, and no matter how many times I tried (over 15 times) nothing would happen except time elapsing and being told I already had a book when trying to buy another. Had to give up on books.

Also giving Scarlet oral not triggering the experience requirement with shop worker in 4th Ezri scene - it had to be with Alice instead.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
No one guy. :FacePalm:
Not my cup of tea.
Ah I know what you're looking for, I can help. Just search the "gay" tag. All the dicks to drool at in the world for you.

Or did you go to a game with "Yuri" in the title just to complain that your love of dicks isn't catered too? Seems odd. Or did you just not know what Yuri means? I'd expect someone upset at a lack of dicks would be familiar with a phrase referencing the other side of the coin.

Either way, I'm not sure if you're an uncultured swine or just an idiot.

Reactions: chuchunmaru

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Maybe the best solution would be a NG+ where you can choose what stats/skills/relationships to bring over? So if you get to the end and you have three girls maxed and the other two at a low level, you'd be able to reset the maxed girls but keep the low levels on the others? And then if you really wanted to, for whatever reason, keep your stats the same way they were but reset your skills, maybe you'd be able to do that too?
I'll think about it some more, but I'm leaning towards the 'week reset' option at the moment. They both address the same problem, and the warping back a week option is far simpler to implement, wheras NG+ will be a lot more work. Like I mentioned, I definitely want a NG+ mode at some point, but I'm not sure now is the time for it.

Woohoo! Lesbian game! And a rather nice one at that. Although I thought the progress was a bit slow and drawn out, and maybe a few continuity issues here and there, overall a lovely game where everyone loves everyone else and isn't hung up on archaic notions of monogamy. Just please, keep the dicks to a minimum, even if they belong to girls, or the male tendency to project themselves into games via strap-ons, as though it's not sex, and certainly not satisfying, unless they're being thrust into by a penis, plastic or otherwise. Anyway...

Found a bug with books. Read the speed reader one, then tried reading, I think the money one? When I clicked 'read book' time would elapse but no text would appear to say I'd read it, and no matter how many times I tried (over 15 times) nothing would happen except time elapsing and being told I already had a book when trying to buy another. Had to give up on books.

Also giving Scarlet oral not triggering the experience requirement with shop worker in 4th Ezri scene - it had to be with Alice instead.
Thank you!
The trans characters will always be optional side characters. I do have some strap-on scenes planned for the far future, but I'll make as many of them optional as possible.

I've encountered that book bug - it seems to be caused by giving a porn mag to a character as a gift. Do you remember if you did that? It's fixed for the next version, and when that's out, you can select 'read book', your character will mention thinking she had a book but lost it, then it'll be fixed!

I've also fixed giving Scarlett oral not correctly being milestoned. If you have since given someone else oral then they will stay as your 'first', but if not going to Scarlett's room will fix it.

V 0.51 is planned for about 6 weeks, and is well on schedule.

Reactions: mikeab69

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I've encountered that book bug - it seems to be caused by giving a porn mag to a character as a gift. Do you remember if you did that? It's fixed for the next version, and when that's out, you can select 'read book', your character will mention thinking she had a book but lost it, then it'll be fixed!
I've encountered the bug as well but I never gave anyone a porn mag. Never even bought one. I can replicate the bug by trying to buy a book and not having enough money. I finished reading the book that increases affection, tried to buy another book that I didn't have enough money for and had the bug.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
I think that first release must have taken you a long time. How many hours of gameplay do you think we'll get on the next release?

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes