• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Unity Your Boyfriend [v2024-02-24] [Inverted Mind INC.]

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Does this game actually have a female protagonist or is it one of those game that doesn't really detail those things so it's left up to the player?

Reactions: Татьяна2002

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Does this game actually have a female protagonist or is it one of those game that doesn't really detail those things so it's left up to the player?
I didn't put much effort in researching this game, but my first impression was that it's a "You" protagonist, so your description, from appearance to gender, isn't going to come up in game. It even goes further for you to "create" the boyfriend LI (you get to name him, at least). All of this is banking on your imagination on what you want these characters to look like, hence the "emoji/blank" art.

As you can see by the art, doubt this creator is too exceptional at drawing, so character creation doesn't seem like a plan. It's a gender-less, faceless, body-less protagonist, focusing on a male love interest yandere being "Your" boyfriend. Don't quote me, though.

Feb 12, 2020
I didn't put much effort in researching this game, but my first impression was that it's a "You" protagonist, so your description, from appearance to gender, isn't going to come up in game. It even goes further for you to "create" the boyfriend LI (you get to name him, at least). All of this is banking on your imagination on what you want these characters to look like, hence the "emoji/blank" art.

As you can see by the art, doubt this creator is too exceptional at drawing, so character creation doesn't seem like a plan. It's a gender-less, faceless, body-less protagonist, focusing on a male love interest yandere being "Your" boyfriend. Don't quote me, though.
Iirc from the twitter, Dev says she's going to implement male and female versions for Y/N (the MC) eventually, and also release a Your Girlfriend if this does well.

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Iirc from the twitter, Dev says she's going to implement male and female versions for Y/N (the MC) eventually, and also release a Your Girlfriend if this does well.
Oh, good to know! As a gendered person, I'd enjoy not having my gender ambiguous (makes the sex scenes sexier), so I'll look forward to it.

Also, main reason for me responding, maybe TMI (not gross... I think :unsure:), I have a text replacer on my browser, so when I loaded your post, I nearly had a heart attack when your "Y/N" substituted with my actual name! :eek: Note to self, "remember your overindulgence in 'Reader/You/Self-Insert' web fictions, so as not to feel stalked when your name pops up!!!" The extension did say "use for 'hilarious' web searching results", guess I never took that serious until now! :ROFLMAO:

rottvern

Dec 26, 2019
Oh, good to know! As a gendered person, I'd enjoy not having my gender ambiguous (makes the sex scenes sexier), so I'll look forward to it.

Also, main reason for me responding, maybe TMI (not gross... I think :unsure:), I have a text replacer on my browser, so when I loaded your post, I nearly had a heart attack when your "Y/N" substituted with my actual name! :eek: Note to self, "remember your overindulgence in 'Reader/You/Self-Insert' web fictions, so as not to feel stalked when your name pops up!!!" The extension did say "use for 'hilarious' web searching results", guess I never took that serious until now! :ROFLMAO:
OKAY, so it's wasn't just me then! I had the same thing happen when I loaded this page and I had to take a moment to process and then remembered two seconds later that...I literally have InteractiveFics installed. That always makes for fun discussions in FanFiction spaces. I always end up having a mini-heart attack when it happens. You would think that I'd be used to it by now.

noenchilada

Dec 23, 2018
Day 3 is a mess right now. A lot of it seems to be placeholder, and it softlocks on pretty much all of the routes. Only one of them seems to go all the way through, but even that reaches a point where it just becomes description of what should be happening, like 'MC does this and Stranger does that.' The other routes don't really make much sense, and I think the dev must know because like I said, a softlock happens right at the point where the game should be acknowledging your choices, like the game itself is aware that, wait, this guy shouldn't be telling you this, whooops.

As far as I know, day 3 is still on its beta version, so I'd recommend everyone to wait for the finished version to come out. And the dev already said that people keep finding an overwhelming amount of bugs, so I'm guessing that will take a while too. But just in case anyone wants to test it themselves:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.