• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [v0.3.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the mod, it's very informative and useful! Let me ask you a question - what does a mean a characteristic "douche" (analogue of bad morality or hero's representation) and how does it affect on routes?
Originally (during the VN's debut) the dev has two characteristic stats for the MC - "Nice" and "Douche". He later decided to remove them completely but I kept the code in the mod just in case. This VN update re-introduces the "Douche" stat but we won't see the "Nice" again since he now understands the he can simply use one characteristic stat. The stat basically will likely used for dialogue purposes (as it is now) but give you an idea of the mannerisms the MC will have if you keep accumulating those points.... he will be more of an asshole basically.

Other than that we'll have to see how it's used in the future as there's no way for me to know that info yet.

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
Thanks as always for your amazing mod work Sancho.

First of all, thanks for pushing this to the top of my 'must try' list - it has a feeling of Intertwined about it so far for me.

On the subject of the Douche stat, I've spotted it twice now (the Michelle first kiss scene and the Zeke bowling scene) and if I chose either of those the Douche stat in the MiniStat box remained at 0. So, not sure if this is a VN issue or a mod issue.

Edit :

The third instance I found (coffee machine) did increment the MiniStat so presuming VN bug now.

Also, in your guidance notes it's spelled Douce - presuming a direct transcribe of the VN variable rather than a typo on your part?

Last edited:

Shack 24

Dec 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969 I'm trying to play this game with your mod on joiplay and it loads up for a bit then crashes sooo yep

Shack 24

Dec 19, 2020
/
Originally (during the VN's debut) the dev has two characteristic stats for the MC - "Nice" and "Douche". He later decided to remove them completely but I kept the code in the mod just in case. This VN update re-introduces the "Douche" stat but we won't see the "Nice" again since he now understands the he can simply use one characteristic stat. The stat basically will likely used for dialogue purposes (as it is now) but give you an idea of the mannerisms the MC will have if you keep accumulating those points.... he will be more of an asshole basically.

Other than that we'll have to see how it's used in the future as there's no way for me to know that info yet.
Hey dude why is your all_scripts rpa smaller than the one from the compressed SonsOLiberty game

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969 I'm trying to play this game with your mod on joiplay and it loads up for a bit then crashes sooo yep
PC/English, so Win/Linux/Mac or any proper emulation of those three including handheld gaming devices.

/
Hey dude why is your all_scripts rpa smaller than the one from the compressed SonsOLiberty game
I heard size doesn't matter... :ROFLMAO:
Don't worry about it, it's all just fine bud.

Shack 24

Dec 19, 2020
PC/English, so Win/Linux/Mac or any proper emulation of those three including handheld gaming devices.

No it works fine without the mod but it just crashes after I extract them there

Shack 24

Dec 19, 2020

And please check and see if I placed them correctly
Screenshot_20231120-104912.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No it works fine without the mod but it just crashes after I extract them there
You gotta read it bud. Again... PC/English only. JoiPlay does NOT emulate Win API's correctly... it even says so on their website. Therefore it does not emulate Win but rather it's an interpreter.
1700492750175.png

savingtemp

Sep 19, 2021
Your mod made me realise that this is not a harem game, saved me a lot of time.
Also this is some high-quality shit you did here. Amazing!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just played for the first time, and after reading some posts in here I thought I should mention something:

I saw the "douche" stat come up a few times. I picked at least two choices that included a +1 on the douche stat (one was misspelled "douce" in the choice button but I forgot which one ... sorry) but the douche stat in the ministats window never changed from 0.

It sounded like that's not the way it should be working. Also, from context, it kinda felt like the douche stat was building up based on how many girls he was with? Or maybe they didn't register as points because he WASN'T actually being a douche? I couldn't quite figure it out either way.

The choices that had it always seemed to be about being too friendly with ANOTHER girl though, and since I was being friendly with as many as I could, I can't be sure if that was cause, effect, or some other factor.

Not that you are supposed to know those things, just kinda rambling at this point. Ah well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just played for the first time, and after reading some posts in here I thought I should mention something:

I saw the "douche" stat come up a few times. I picked at least two choices that included a +1 on the douche stat (one was misspelled "douce" in the choice button but I forgot which one ... sorry) but the douche stat in the ministats window never changed from 0.

It sounded like that's not the way it should be working. Also, from context, it kinda felt like the douche stat was building up based on how many girls he was with? Or maybe they didn't register as points because he WASN'T actually being a douche? I couldn't quite figure it out either way.

The choices that had it always seemed to be about being too friendly with ANOTHER girl though, and since I was being friendly with as many as I could, I can't be sure if that was cause, effect, or some other factor.

Not that you are supposed to know those things, just kinda rambling at this point. Ah well.
I'll check the stat screens (it should not be possible that the stat doesn't change in the mod's stat screens in real time), otherwise see post here for the Nice/Douche history. Also, FYI, there's a total of 3 "douche" points to date for reference (very limited use for dialogue changes only in the VN's current state).

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Maybe it's because the name is misspelled?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Maybe it's because the name is misspelled?
Well, the ChoiceGuide uses text for displaying information, the stat screens change based on the actual variables... so the spelling in the CG is just a grammatical issue, the stat screen might be using the original variable name and if it's different than the new one that may be why it's not updated... but I don't recall the variable being changed in the code (it's been a minute). I'll check later, something is wonky with the variable use in the stat screens though... OR the ChoiceGuide is not correct in that example.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
No rush on my side. I just started reading the thread after finishing the current content for the first time and the whole douche conversation caught my eye.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, that's that then. The ChoiceGuide has a grammatical and is flagging incorrectly in your first example (your first example must be a leftover from the old VN code and the guide item likely simply needs to be removed).

Appreciate you letting me know... now I have to remember to sort this later.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Well, that's that then. The ChoiceGuide has a grammatical and is flagging incorrectly in your first example (your first example must be a leftover from the old VN code and the guide item likely simply needs to be removed).

Appreciate you letting me know... now I have to remember to sort this later.
(y) *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Mac0987

Jan 31, 2022
Well I'm new to this one.. can i change the values or toggle on the paths and events in this mod?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote