VN Unity Abandoned Yellow Family [v0.2.101] [BudaCoca]

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
suggestion
give them different pos on each room
maybe even multi pos's on each room
when leaving & coming back
also is there a way so see mom taking shower? or not developed yet?
also anyone could tell how to get the "optinal nice view"? completed without getting that :(

Last edited:

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
suggestion
give them different pos on each room
maybe even multi pos's on each room
when leaving & coming back
also is there a way so see mom taking shower? or not developed yet?
also anyone could tell how to get the "optinal nice view"? completed without getting that :(
Seems like a typo, it should be "optional", I think that's when you ask Jessy to show her tits on the Restaurant, for that you need to do the treatment to increase the size and to do that you need to talk with Biologist on Frink's lab on afternoon and then talk to Jessy about that

Character positions for each room its something that I had in mind, also they doing different activities like reading or exercise but it's like any other art-related stuff, it depends on the budget since I don't draw it

Currently, there's no scene of mom taking a shower, neither dad, looking back maybe I should have been focused on the house with family members and nothing else at first. I need to improve this

JaxonV

Jan 22, 2018
When will the aspect ratio for android be fixed? Also whenever I save and return, the camera app and the professor's broom disappears and I cant use them.

Reactions: luisar018

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
When will the aspect ratio for android be fixed? Also whenever I save and return, the camera app and the professor's broom disappears and I cant use them.
Hi, thanks for the bug report, bug confirmed, will be fixed on the next version

The aspect ratio also will be fixed on the next version(0.3). The game was designed at 16:9 aspect ratio, on any other platform it's possible to force it, but on Android adapts to the screen. It will have support up to 20:9(the one using the new Galaxy phones, Redmi K30)

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
Any penetration scene?
There's a quick B/W scene of the parents but it's... too simple

when is the update due ?
There's no date yet, I'm taking a look to custom made 3D characters(not DAZ3D nor based on those), there's a lot involved in that: 3d modeling, texturing, rigging, animations and adapting the game to it, which involves scenario changes and lots of testing/optimization, I'm not sure how it might end up and how it will perform on smartphones, since that's real-time, no pre-rendered images/videos

At some point I couldn't order new draws (commissions) so I kept working in the game and optimizing the scenario while looking for alternatives, time passed and there was two clear options, stop all of this(which I take not only as game development but also as a learning process) and work for others/create a new projects for general public(tiny games I can publish in the app stores), or just... keep going, that's what I did

So right now I'm learning Blender, last month I worked on the scenario unifying the entire map and creating the structure/exterior of the buildings that will be shown on the map

The scenario was planned to be drawn and ended up being 3D, same went for the map and now I wanna try to do the characters, it's the only way I can continue the project by myself

I was going to continue adding just text events but it's... sad, I love graphic stuff

So in conclusion, I'm trying to learn to create characters in 3D, dunno if I'll be able to do a decent job since I can't even draw them, but we'll see it soon, 1-2 months, once that's cleared out I'll decide if I pause the project, or I set on fire the foundation and rebuild it with 3D characters. Anyhow, it will take some time

Thank you for your interest :)

-BudaCoca

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
There's a quick B/W scene of the parents but it's... too simple

There's no date yet, I'm taking a look to custom made 3D characters(not DAZ3D nor based on those), there's a lot involved in that: 3d modeling, texturing, rigging, animations and adapting the game to it, which involves scenario changes and lots of testing/optimization, I'm not sure how it might end up and how it will perform on smartphones, since that's real-time, no pre-rendered images/videos

At some point I couldn't order new draws (commissions) so I kept working in the game and optimizing the scenario while looking for alternatives, time passed and there was two clear options, stop all of this(which I take not only as game development but also as a learning process) and work for others/create a new projects for general public(tiny games I can publish in the app stores), or just... keep going, that's what I did

So right now I'm learning Blender, last month I worked on the scenario unifying the entire map and creating the structure/exterior of the buildings that will be shown on the map

The scenario was planned to be drawn and ended up being 3D, same went for the map and now I wanna try to do the characters, it's the only way I can continue the project by myself

I was going to continue adding just text events but it's... sad, I love graphic stuff

So in conclusion, I'm trying to learn to create characters in 3D, dunno if I'll be able to do a decent job since I can't even draw them, but we'll see it soon, 1-2 months, once that's cleared out I'll decide if I pause the project, or I set on fire the foundation and rebuild it with 3D characters. Anyhow, it will take some time

Thank you for your interest :)

-BudaCoca

I was just going to see what happened to your game, I see that you are looking for alternatives to the graphic part of your game, I wish you luck with that, so far I think yours is the best game inspired by the simpsons, especially because of the art that use, but if you plan to change it I wish you luck I will continue to look forward.(y)

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
I was just going to see what happened to your game, I see that you are looking for alternatives to the graphic part of your game, I wish you luck with that, so far I think yours is the best game inspired by the simpsons, especially because of the art that use, but if you plan to change it I wish you luck I will continue to look forward.(y)
Thank you, honestly

I love the draws, took quite some time and effort to get to that point. I feel really proud about what we accomplished with the characters, the artist was really good at character design, and since he was paid per hours, there was no problem doing additional versions, or face expressions, or poses

I could have made more progress on the story/scenes tho, sacrificing details/characters in order to have a better game that can attract more patrons, but the truth is, that even if I had enough income, it was hard to work that way. The artist was quite busy because he's good, which obviously led to higher rates to work with him over time, also, I couldn't work on something with him right away, it was pretty much when he was available, maybe next week but only 2 hours(A not very complex sketch could take 4-6 hours), and at night for me(2AM), since he lives in another country

It has probably been one of the hardest times of my life. My project was partially depending on someone external, who was quite busy, and economically, it was getting difficult for me

Every single character, on every single scene, on every single pose, had to be drawn by him, then edited by myself or another available artist. 3D characters solve this issues, but I don't like generic Daz3D characters, present on many games, also, the style doesn't match, and it's better to have the 3d characters on the game itself, not just rendered images/videos

The only way was to move on, ditch the draws that I love and worked so hard for them, and learn 3D character modelling, rigging, animation, etc. to start over

That's where am I now, I know that the 3D characters would never be as good as the draws, but it's the only thing I can do

Later this month I'll publish a preview of the mom :)

-BudaCoca

P.S: Here's a preview of the dad, colours might change slightly

maxprev.jpg

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you, honestly

I love the draws, took quite some time and effort to get to that point. I feel really proud about what we accomplished with the characters, the artist was really good at character design, and since he was paid per hours, there was no problem doing additional versions, or face expressions, or poses

I could have made more progress on the story/scenes tho, sacrificing details/characters in order to have a better game that can attract more patrons, but the truth is, that even if I had enough income, it was hard to work that way. The artist was quite busy because he's good, which obviously led to higher rates to work with him over time, also, I couldn't work on something with him right away, it was pretty much when he was available, maybe next week but only 2 hours(A not very complex sketch could take 4-6 hours), and at night for me(2AM), since he lives in another country

It has probably been one of the hardest times of my life. My project was partially depending on someone external, who was quite busy, and economically, it was getting difficult for me

Every single character, on every single scene, on every single pose, had to be drawn by him, then edited by myself or another available artist. 3D characters solve this issues, but I don't like generic Daz3D characters, present on many games, also, the style doesn't match, and it's better to have the 3d characters on the game itself, not just rendered images/videos

The only way was to move on, ditch the draws that I love and worked so hard for them, and learn 3D character modelling, rigging, animation, etc. to start over

That's where am I now, I know that the 3D characters would never be as good as the draws, but it's the only thing I can do

Later this month I'll publish a preview of the mom :)

-BudaCoca

P.S: Here's a preview of the dad, colours might change slightly

View attachment 982628
I understand what you are saying, making a project and depending on another artist is difficult, I see that you are working hard with 3d models. I wish you luck, you will surely achieve something good.

Pd: creo que eres hispano cierto? xD buena suerte se ve curioso, pero bien el padre.