• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Unity Abandoned Yellow Family [v0.2.101] [BudaCoca]

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
How long does it take you to model a room?
It depends on the complexity, if it's a working model(ej. drawer that opens), textures(i just do basic ones, patterns)

Normally people uses libraries of 3D models, there's a lot on internet, both paid and free, that furniture is muuuch better that what can I do. But for this project I couldn't use standard objects, I actually watched a lot of "that yellow family" episodes taken screencaps and modeled based on that

Here's that room I modeled:

Reactions: luisar018

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
It depends on the complexity, if it's a working model(ej. drawer that opens), textures(i just do basic ones, patterns)

Normally people uses libraries of 3D models, there's a lot on internet, both paid and free, that furniture is muuuch better that what can I do. But for this project I couldn't use standard objects, I actually watched a lot of "that yellow family" episodes taken screencaps and modeled based on that

Here's that room I modeled:
For sure. That's what I've had to do for my personal redesigns for Amity Park and my personal Summertime Saga fan project. Still a work in progress, but I like where it's come from when I started, very new to the program.

MC Room Wide.png MC Room (Model) v0_02.png

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Oh, I wish I did the art myself but I don't have that skill lvl

The thing is that since I'm so bad at drawing, I ended up learning 3D modelling(no previous experience) and modelled all the objects of the game, that way the artist could focus on characters

The game nowadays internally looks like this:

View attachment 394717

I'm not good enough to make good 3d characters(only furniture) so I'm depending on others and after maybe 3000$ spent on art I'm kinda drained out, hehe... at least I learned a lot from this project

Next version will be out in maybe next month

I see, in the same way you see the effort and that's important, your project has potential. ;)

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
For sure. That's what I've had to do for my personal redesigns for Amity Park and my personal Summertime Saga fan project. Still a work in progress, but I like where it's come from when I started, very new to the program.

View attachment 394758 View attachment 394759
Looks very good and accurate, I was wondering what software did you used but I see its "Dreams", the creation game, interesting

The door it's a little bit too width but it even has the pattern. How much time did it take you to create that room?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Looks very good and accurate, I was wondering what software did you used but I see its "Dreams", the creation game, interesting

The door it's a little bit too width but it even has the pattern. How much time did it take you to create that room?
Considering I started out with like no expertise, the base of the room took me 4 days. But now, I could make what I did all here with 2 solid days work. Yeah, my problem was not realizing that my reference images were of a different shape in terms of their frame, being more square, than the traditional widescreen televisions Dreams works in. That's why I think perspective is a bit altered here.

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
So uh, is this still alive?
Yep, currently I'm writing a simple script to manage the outline of several interactable objects, something visual is always better than text instructions

Then I have to test that everything goes as expected, check text changes, translate, test the game translated and finally compile for Android, iOS, PC, Mac and Linux

I'm aiming to release it this month :)

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
Last public version: v.0.2.100

Yep, that's the Windows version, all the versions are listed at my web:

Seems like the OP of this thread isn't registered anymore on F95, I can create a new thread or if mods allows me, edit the first post

Here's a quick fan signature I made btw:

Code:
 [URL=https://f95zone.to/threads/yellow-family-v0-2-92-budacoca.12953/][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/10/456286_YFbannerFAN.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Yep, that's the Windows version, all the versions are listed at my web:

Seems like the OP of this thread isn't registered anymore on F95, I can create a new thread or if mods allows me, edit the first post

Here's a quick fan signature I made btw:

Code:
 [URL=https://f95zone.to/threads/yellow-family-v0-2-92-budacoca.12953/][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/10/456286_YFbannerFAN.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Just report the game to ask for that. I didn't need to make a new thread to become the owner of my game.

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
iOS(iPhone/iPad): - - - -
WOOOT ! REALLY ? now adult stuff can be played there?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
When I read the title it sounded like the game was about Jaundice. Glad to see I was mistaken.

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
WOOOT ! REALLY ? now adult stuff can be played there?
Apple doesn't allow this kind of content on the App Store but they can't block what people do outside of it

The app is not signed, it requires a Jailbroken device(can be installed using apps like AppCake) or the use of CydiaImpactor to sign it and install it on any device with iOS 11+(but expires in 7 days)

I have an iPad and I wanted to see how it works on it, it works better than on Android, Unity Engine was initially designed to create Mac/iOS apps and they optimized it very well for those platforms

BudaCoca

Game Developer
May 22, 2018
will this be animated?
I would like to have animated scenes, not basic ones moving and deforming images but actual different draws/keyframes. The closest thing it's the scene of Jessy under the table and even that one just switches between 2 images to do the movement.

At this point though, I've not only ditched animations and details but also colours in the coming commissioned draws, I'm focusing the remaining budget on adding B/W sketches to be able to continue the story(it's disappointing how short it is currently) and if in the future there's support, those draws will be improved and coloured