• Too hard to use.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • This thing ate my dog.

Votes: 20 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordXamon

Mar 6, 2019
I'm guessing the image cruncher doesn't have multithreading support? When I try to crunch Harem Hotel all my cpu is at 100%. But after the sound and video crunchers complete their work, which only takes half an hour, the activity of my pc drops to only two cores and the image cruncher takes more than 6 hours to finish.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
I'm guessing the image cruncher doesn't have multithreading support? When I try to crunch Harem Hotel all my cpu is at 100%. But after the sound and video crunchers complete their work, which only takes half an hour, the activity of my pc drops to only two cores and the image cruncher takes more than 6 hours to finish.
That is correct; all images are processed sequentially on a single core at this time.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Sup hngg :geek:

Issue 1: It seems if a file (pic, vid or audio) has a sign "!" in its name YAC gives an error and waits for instructions.
Question: Can we change the name of the files (when this error happens) and resume encode or we need to restart the app?

Issue 2: When encoding "jpg" files, after a while the encode speed starts to seriously slow down... Started to notice this around 5K file count and at 10K its super slow... i do not even want to mention beyond 15K. Right now i'm encoding DLC which has almost 17k files :HideThePain:

hillghost

Jul 7, 2021
Translate YAC - Yet Another Cruncher V3.4 into Chinese

将此工具 V3.4 翻译为中文

V3.4 简体中文版

未标题-1.jpg
未标题-2.jpg

Last edited:

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Quick question. Does using this cause anyone else's computer to crash constantly? I've been having that problem for quite awhile now. And I thought maybe it was my harddrive, so I replaced it, and it's still happened. Memory isn't a problem either so.

LordXamon

Mar 6, 2019
What do I do if I get a "Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue" error when trying to extract rpa files?

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
Hopefully someone can help me out here. So I used to use this program to compress Gif images. And would then edit the filename to change it to an mp4 instead of a gif and it would play. But now I'm doing exactly that, though it's been months since I last did so. And for some reason the mp4 gives me nothing but errors and it won't play. I know it's not my pc cause old gifs I'd done this to still work fine. So I dunno what's going on. All I can figure is I'm misremembering a step but I'm not sure which. Hopefully someone here can help.

CraneZ

Formerly 'zyh20020826'
Sep 23, 2022
Hey there, so I recently ran into some problems with the version 3.5. I could correctly crunch jpg, png, audio and video files, but failed to compress webp files. It said that could not find webp files in the YAC_output. Well, when I switched back to the version 3.4, the webp problem solved. Maybe there are something wrong in 3.5?