Elvis25

Jul 28, 2017
Thanks, very nice game btw, great concept, just needs a better combat system and more renders, specially for combat units, a small unit description also helps

Reactions: Gleiphnir

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Maybe you should warn that this game have unavoidable gay/lesbian content for male/female main character? :cautious:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
what exactly are you referring to? I don't remember there being any sort of unavoidable content?
He probably kept losing fights or didn't think that his character could ever be in a position to be on the receiving end of rape for a change.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
The very last shot makes it look like this might be RPG maker? What is the engine this game is running on?
To be honest i would like to avoid rpgm stuff, cause i hate the clash of gameplay and art in those, they usually break the immersion becasue of that for me form the get go.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
what exactly are you referring to? I don't remember there being any sort of unavoidable content?
Whole combat is full of sexual actions with same and opposite sexes. Regardless of battle results - during it you will see homosexual content.

Graen

Nov 21, 2017
The very last shot makes it look like this might be RPG maker? What is the engine this game is running on?
To be honest i would like to avoid rpgm stuff, cause i hate the clash of gameplay and art in those, they usually break the immersion becasue of that for me form the get go.
Scroll to the top of the page to find your answer... :sneaky:

hw2121

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2018
It is my own custom made engine in HTML and has no elements of rpgm in it.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Very impressive game, but IMHO the map is too big. I never felt like the other kingdoms were ever really a threat, and mine was producing so many resources by the end that I wasn't even bothering to improve tiles. Just plowing my way through to the Futa capital and curbstomping the token resistance.

I never really felt threatened by any of the other kingdoms, their borders were too far away.

Reactions: Gexter

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Thinking about this some more, maybe it would make sense if attacking didn't soak up 60% of your actions for the turn, but your army didn't heal until the day ticked over. You could also optionally leave some of you troops in reserves. Maybe the units would only half heal when switching over to the enemy turns, and then do the other half when it switches back to your turn. Then you have to weigh how much you attack vs. leaving troops fresh for the defense. The same mechanic would be used on the enemy factions. If you get your troops slaughtered you might lose 3 or 4 tiles in a row, but then the enemy might be overextended and lose them back. If this ends up being too swingy then maybe the player character could always start the battle at full health.

The enemy factions should probably build their own tile improvements, and there could be a chance that the tile improvement is destroyed every time the tile is captured.

I might tone back the stat-downs when you lose a battle, make them a 25% chance of triggering maybe. This way having a bad week won't turn you into a pencil-dick dwarf.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Played through again in hard mode. It's a little hard to see the difference. I guess unit maintenance is more expensive? And I guess the enemies are tougher? It was pretty much still the same game.

A thought occoured during the playthrough. What exactly is the failure condition in this game? Having happiness drop to 0? Having your religious score drop to 0? Completely losing your genitals due to military losses? The hermaphrodite raids can't seem to do anything worse than bust up one of your buildings and steal some of your cash. It would take a truly epic number of "next turns" until the enemy territory ever threatens your home city. I'm not even sure the logic is there for them to take it.

hw2121

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2018
@katmandomo Thanks for your feedback!

Some of the points you mentioned are already on my road map, while others provide new ideas so thank you for those.

Currently, there is no real lose-condition, however, there are some possibilities that make it extremely hard to come back from - e.g. having extremely low happiness or religiousness will cause very bad events to happen.
And yes, harder difficulties increase enemy hitpoints and unit maintenance. Initially, the game was much harder but I reduced the difficulty after many people complained about it :p

Also, if you want to discuss more about the game or have additional input feel free to join the xxxivilization discord:

4.00 star(s) 24 Votes